Myshkin

MLB 2020: This One’s For Kobe

3 hours ago, Myshkin said:

David Ortiz appears to side with the cheaters, calls Mike Fiers a snitch.

Well he was tainted for enhancing himself so...

But anyway, I must have read just snippets from the article because my take was that Ortiz didn't like Fiers talking after he left, that if it was so wrong then why didn't he say something then.

I guess I'm not a man among men or whatever, but I think it's a whole lot fucking worse to cheat your way to a god damn championship than to keep quiet in a clubhouse full of guys like David fucking Ortiz saying "Don't snitch". Man, I have generally loved everything Big Papi related despite him and his evil ass team beating mine in two recent World Series, but I think it's pretty damn pathetic to call out Fiers and not the entire team of ring-stealing, unrepentant twats.

Oh, and also, fuck the Astros. Apologies to my mother for the cursing. It's late and I am very ready for Opening Day.

Edited by Argonath Diver

15 hours ago, Myshkin said:

David Ortiz appears to side with the cheaters, calls Mike Fiers a snitch.

I love David Ortiz but that was some stupid shit to say. He even defended Manfred and said Manfred has been "legit since day one." :ack:

I disliked his abuse of the Yankees on the field, joined in on the he'll "investigate the steroids" fun but never disliked him as a person. I but I kind dislike him now.

12 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

I guess I'm not a man among men or whatever, but I think it's a whole lot fucking worse to cheat your way to a god damn championship than to keep quiet in a clubhouse full of guys like David fucking Ortiz saying "Don't snitch". Man, I have generally loved everything Big Papi related despite him and his evil ass team beating mine in two recent World Series, but I think it's pretty damn pathetic to call out Fiers and not the entire team of ring-stealing, unrepentant twats.

Oh, and also, fuck the Astros. Apologies to my mother for the cursing. It's late and I am very ready for Opening Day.

Ortiz was so dialed in for that 2013 WS.  It was traumatizing.

I always disliked Ortiz, especially after his stare down of Cuban players during the WBC (as if they were somehow responsible for Castro, and as if the DR has never had a totalitarian dictator of its own). This is just icing on the cake.

This is too much..

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/not-first-rodeo-bumgarner-admits-roping-alias

Arizona Diamondbacks left-hander Madison Bumgarner has been competing in rodeo events under the alias Mason Saunders and even won $26,560 in a team-roping competition in December, according to a story published Sunday by The Athletic.

3 hours ago, Myshkin said:

Best part is that ol’ Mason Saunders is a right-handed roper.

What a coincidence. I write and throw with my right hand but I "rope" with my left.

I’m more surprised that Tanaka hasn’t needed TJ surgery. I’m not a Yankee fan but I’d feel fine with Cole, Tanaka and Paxton as my 1-3. Throw in Montgomery and Cessa as your 4-5 (German comes back in June or July). Still the favorites in my book. 

14 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Wonderful start to the year. Unreal

It's seamless from last year. 

13 hours ago, Chad Vader said:

I’m more surprised that Tanaka hasn’t needed TJ surgery. I’m not a Yankee fan but I’d feel fine with Cole, Tanaka and Paxton as my 1-3. Throw in Montgomery and Cessa as your 4-5 (German comes back in June or July). Still the favorites in my book. 

Yeah so am I honestly. 

14 hours ago, Chad Vader said:

I’m not a Yankee fan but I’d feel fine with Cole, Tanaka and Paxton as my 1-3. Throw in Montgomery and Cessa as your 4-5 (German comes back in June or July). Still the favorites in my book. 

Yeah, the big blow I think is now the Yanks have to count on Paxton's health - and hope he gets back pretty soon.  That's the part that annoys me.

4 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yeah, the big blow I think is now the Yanks have to count on Paxton's health - and hope he gets back pretty soon.  That's the part that annoys me.

He should start throwing in a week or so. 

6 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

He should start throwing in a week or so. 

I'm just saying, dude's never thrown more than 160 innings and now they'll have to rely on him quite a bit.

1 minute ago, DMC said:

I'm just saying, dude's never thrown more than 160 innings and now they'll have to rely on him quite a bit.

And he probably won't ever. Imagine where they would be without Cole? And if they traded Happ?

Yeah definitely happy they didn't trade Happ now.  Even though I wanted them to until Paxton got injured.

I am shocked, utterly shocked that Glassman Stanton is hurt again.

I see that his diploma from the Carl Pavano School of Fortitude is really paying off though, good for him.