MLB 2020: This One’s For Kobe

Myshkin

1 hour ago, Triskele said:

I'm struggling to figure out what a Dino is and if that's a Twin how that could be....I know that I don't like the sound of them, that's the one certainty.  

Classiest post in this entire thread. 

3 hours ago, Triskele said:

I'm struggling to figure out what a Dino is and if that's a Twin how that could be....I know that I don't like the sound of them, that's the one certainty.  

I'm not sure if this is serious or not, but if you're genuinely confused, there is a South Korean baseball team called the Dinos.  And since SK baseball is virtually the only sport going right now, some people have adopted a team.  

6 hours ago, Maithanet said:

I'm not sure if this is serious or not, but if you're genuinely confused, there is a South Korean baseball team called the Dinos.  And since SK baseball is virtually the only sport going right now, some people have adopted a team.  

No. We've become life long Dinos fans. And our strong support for a few months can never be questioned! 

I mean, you are a racial slurs fan after all. How dare you judge anyone else's fandom.

You sick monster!

:P

I'm torn. Trevor Bauer is an asshole who sicced his fans on some young woman who wasn't even trying to pick a fight with him. On the other hand, he got into a Twitter fight with Curt Schilling and called him ButtCurt.

On 6/24/2020 at 10:41 PM, Tywin et al. said:

No. We've become life long Dinos fans. And our strong support for a few months can never be questioned! 

I mean, you are a racial slurs fan after all. How dare you judge anyone else's fandom.

This is like the third time this week you have brought up my Washington fandom.  I left those scumbags more than two years ago, and the racist team name was one of the many reasons why.  I hope they never win another Super Bowl at least until they change their name, and unlike most sports hopes, this one is likely to come true, because that organization is completely incompetent.  

11 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

This is like the third time this week you have brought up my Washington fandom.  I left those scumbags more than two years ago, and the racist team name was one of the many reasons why.  I hope they never win another Super Bowl at least until they change their name, and unlike most sports hopes, this one is likely to come true, because that organization is completely incompetent.  

Maith, buddy, are you just bad at being on the wrong end of an obviously meaningless joke that has no malice intent at all? 

Some people do, but most don't, get to choose the teams they root for if they become sports fans. It just so happens that one of those teams you got happens to have a racist name and is run by a seemingly awful person.

The funny part is if the Washington Racial Slurs had won a lot over the last 20 years, no one would care.

And that's the most telling part. 

8 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Maith, buddy, are you just bad at being on the wrong end of an obviously meaningless joke that has no malice intent at all? 

Some people do, but most don't, get to choose the teams they root for if they become sports fans. It just so happens that one of those teams you got happens to have a racist name and is run by a seemingly awful person.

The funny part is if the Washington Racial Slurs had won a lot over the last 20 years, no one would care.

And that's the most telling part. 

It's not that I think there's malice attached to it, I just no longer want to be associated with those scumbags.  I find it odd that you have recently declared my fandom in the Politics, MLB and police violence threads.  

24 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

It's not that I think there's malice attached to it, I just no longer want to be associated with those scumbags.  I find it odd that you have recently declared my fandom in the Politics, MLB and police violence threads.  

Why not try to make those scumbags better though? I mean, you do love those evil rotten scumbags, even if you wished with all your heart and soul that they were better, and actually deserved your fandom. 

You did get to cheer for Clinton Portis, so it wasn't all bad, right? 

3 hours ago, Maithanet said:

I find it odd that you have recently declared my fandom in the Politics, MLB and police violence threads.  

Agree, the incessant jokes lately have not only not been funny, but quite tiresome.

Saw three NFL players - Brian Urlacher, DeMarco Murray and Travis Kelce - have joined ARod and JLo's bid to buy the Mets.  It'd be pretty weird if (the second!) best tight end in the NFL was also a part owner of a MLB team.

I am 100% happy I subscribed to The Athletic, one of the only online-only written content purchases I've ever made. I just go to random teams' beat writers and stumble upon brilliant, witty, informative articles all the time. Joe Posnanski alone is worth it for me. Anyone here who enjoys reading about sports deserves to buy themselves a subscription. 

Archived