Myshkin

MLB 2020: This One’s For Kobe

Definitely not a Yank fan here, but still this case of negligence of care for any franchise/cornerstone player like Aaron gets me (Billy Martin at Reggie) level pissed.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2020/03/it-wasnt-batting-practice-it-was-malpractice-yankees-are-to-blame-for-aaron-judges-botched-diagnosis.html

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 3:46 PM, DireWolfSpirit said:

Definitely not a Yank fan here, but still this case of negligence of care for any franchise/cornerstone player like Aaron gets me (Billy Martin at Reggie) level pissed.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2020/03/it-wasnt-batting-practice-it-was-malpractice-yankees-are-to-blame-for-aaron-judges-botched-diagnosis.html

There is no reason why to close a season the entire team isn't getting MRI's, X-Rays and Bone scans to look into this stuff. They shitcanned the training staff in the offseason and now the new one has to clean all this shit up.

Whenever MLB suspends the start of the season, which will probably happen soon, all blame deservedly goes to the New York Yankees medical staff.

On 3/11/2020 at 6:49 PM, DMC said:

Whenever MLB suspends the start of the season, which will probably happen soon, all blame deservedly goes to the New York Yankees medical staff.

Spring training suspended, start of season delayed by at least two weeks. Thanks Yankees.

1 minute ago, Myshkin said:

Thanks Yankees.

Obama, as well, should be blamed.  But it should mostly be the Yankees.

49 minutes ago, DMC said:

Obama, as well, should be blamed.  But it should mostly be the Yankees.

Barack Steinbrenner Obama!

14 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Barack Steinbrenner Obama!

Coulda got a third term with that name, and think about how much we'd all be better off if so.

So anyway, kinda a weird time for baseball news, but Chris Sale will be getting TJ surgery.

Whenever MLB returns will people remember how much they want to hate on the Astros or will they feel like it's too divisive post-COVID?  Could see it going either way.

Fuck the Astros.

I saw Vin Scully trending and feared the worst but no,  he was simply interviewed by Bill Plaschke. 

Man, I miss baseball. I miss the anticipation looking up at the stadium I love. I miss seeing every walk of life mingling around. I miss the smell of assorted junk food wafting over it all. I miss that first moment emerging from a tunnel to see the field and just how close (or far for some of us) our seats are to the team. How the sport just sounds different live than on a screen. When my team gives up a big early lead so I feel comfortable walking halfway around the stadium to meet friends in another section, only to see us tie it and scurry back to mine. I really miss that hazy 8th inning when you remember missing last call, and trying to decide whether to slam the last beer while it's kind of cold, or try to keep it awhile because the score is tied and it doesn't look like anyone's scoring for another hour.

Okay, that was silly. I spend 99.5% of my baseball time reading or arguing about my team online. I miss saying "Fuck the Cubs!" whether they actually just beat us or were simply still existing.

Fuck the Giants! I hope every one of them and their families are safe and healthy, but also that they lose every game from here until the end of time because they have all sold their souls to the Beast (Juan Marichal) and thus deserve unending failure.

Man that felt good.

1 hour ago, Myshkin said:

Noah Syndergaard to have TJ surgery.

Sounds like an elective surgery if I've ever heard of one. He going to China to get it done? Heh.

@DireWolfSpirit

Ozzie was the man. They should have just gone ahead and renamed the Golden Glove after him.