Jump to content
Eternally_His

I hate Roose Bolton

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Robb4Ever said:

Yes, I am asking why they degraded themselves to being professional bootlickers of the man who was losing the war. Tywin even admitted that if it weren't for his arrangement of RW, he would have lost to Robb.

Idk they are assholes. Probably they thought they would come out better with Tywin. It was a crappy thing to do though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Idk they are assholes. Probably they thought they would come out better with Tywin. It was a crappy thing to do though.

You heard it, peeps. 'They thought they could come out better with the man who was losing on the battlefield'. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did a lot of thinking once, however, about how complicit the Spicers actually were.  Was it ALL planned out?  Did they get into the situation by chance and realise they could make something of it?  Or did they just back-track with Tywin when they realised Robb was lost?  The first is the most interesting to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what stories you have all been reading but Roose Bolton had nothing to do with the Red Wedding. He was married to Walda Frey and had been ordered to capture Harrenhal early in the war. After the Black Water he left with his army, which was harried by the Mountain all way up the King's Road. He arrived late to The Twins, his army not yet able to settle in and enjoy the "festivities". Thus they were spared the gruesome slaughter by the Freys. Roose himself, being married to Walda Frey as I stated, was taken captive and treated more gently since he was the husband of a Frey. He was then offered the North by the Iron Throne who had no other Northern lord they could even hope to trust. Who would they have chosen? Should they have sent some Southron Lord to rule the North? The Frey marriage is key because it binds the Boltons to a House that has, in a rather dramatic fashion, declared its loyalty to the Iron Throne. Even if the manner of that pledge was rather distasteful. So the Lannisters gave Lord Roose the North and even the Stark girl to cement his hold on it but have they sent one sword to defend it from the wildlings or from Stannis? The man who burns people alive to appease his god and accuses the widow of King Robert of depraved incest and likely had a hand in his own brother's death?

I find it very sad and so very tragic that in the North's darkest hour, when traitors and savages threaten to overrun it, while winter descends, that the Northmen are so keen to blame and turn against one of their own. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sourjapes said:

I don't know what stories you have all been reading but Roose Bolton had nothing to do with the Red Wedding. He was married to Walda Frey and had been ordered to capture Harrenhal early in the war. After the Black Water he left with his army, which was harried by the Mountain all way up the King's Road. He arrived late to The Twins, his army not yet able to settle in and enjoy the "festivities". Thus they were spared the gruesome slaughter by the Freys. Roose himself, being married to Walda Frey as I stated, was taken captive and treated more gently since he was the husband of a Frey. He was then offered the North by the Iron Throne who had no other Northern lord they could even hope to trust. Who would they have chosen? Should they have sent some Southron Lord to rule the North? The Frey marriage is key because it binds the Boltons to a House that has, in a rather dramatic fashion, declared its loyalty to the Iron Throne. Even if the manner of that pledge was rather distasteful. So the Lannisters gave Lord Roose the North and even the Stark girl to cement his hold on it but have they sent one sword to defend it from the wildlings or from Stannis? The man who burns people alive to appease his god and accuses the widow of King Robert of depraved incest and likely had a hand in his own brother's death?

I find it very sad and so very tragic that in the North's darkest hour, when traitors and savages threaten to overrun it, while winter descends, that the Northmen are so keen to blame and turn against one of their own. 

 

You're joking right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sourjapes said:

He arrived late to The Twins, his army not yet able to settle in and enjoy the "festivities". Thus they were spared the gruesome slaughter by the Freys. Roose himself, being married to Walda Frey as I stated, was taken captive and treated more gently since he was the husband of a Frey.

“A man in dark armor and a pale pink cloak spotted with blood stepped up to Robb. “Jaime Lannister sends his regards.” He thrust his longsword through her son’s heart, and twisted.”

You do understand that the man described above, the bloke who treacherously kills Robb is none other than Roose Bolton, don’t you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2020 at 7:07 PM, Robb4Ever said:

You heard it, peeps. 'They thought they could come out better with the man who was losing on the battlefield'. :rolleyes:

Remember, this is after Tywin won a major victory against Stannis, and Robb had lost Winterfell to the ironmen. So Tywin is hardly losing at this point.

The Spicers are Lannister bannermen, and then know what happens to Lannister bannermen who defy Tywin Lannister. So rather than simply chalk all of this up to blind luck, it is far more reasonable to look at the strange history of the Spicer women to conclude that they whole thing was a set-up from the first, including Robb and Jeyne falling in love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sourjapes said:

I don't know what stories you have all been reading but Roose Bolton had nothing to do with the Red Wedding. He was married to Walda Frey and had been ordered to capture Harrenhal early in the war. After the Black Water he left with his army, which was harried by the Mountain all way up the King's Road. He arrived late to The Twins, his army not yet able to settle in and enjoy the "festivities". Thus they were spared the gruesome slaughter by the Freys. Roose himself, being married to Walda Frey as I stated, was taken captive and treated more gently since he was the husband of a Frey. He was then offered the North by the Iron Throne who had no other Northern lord they could even hope to trust. Who would they have chosen? Should they have sent some Southron Lord to rule the North? The Frey marriage is key because it binds the Boltons to a House that has, in a rather dramatic fashion, declared its loyalty to the Iron Throne. Even if the manner of that pledge was rather distasteful. So the Lannisters gave Lord Roose the North and even the Stark girl to cement his hold on it but have they sent one sword to defend it from the wildlings or from Stannis? The man who burns people alive to appease his god and accuses the widow of King Robert of depraved incest and likely had a hand in his own brother's death?

I find it very sad and so very tragic that in the North's darkest hour, when traitors and savages threaten to overrun it, while winter descends, that the Northmen are so keen to blame and turn against one of their own. 

 

Roose is a good guy, remember when he gave all those squatters in Winterfell jobs and let them hang out there afterwards?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FitzChivalry Fartseer said:

Roose is a good guy, remember when he gave all those squatters in Winterfell jobs and let them hang out there afterwards?

Indeed, his son seems to follow in his foot steps. Remember when Ramsay rescued the Iron Men from Moat Cailin? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Indeed, his son seems to follow in his foot steps. Remember when Ramsay rescued the Iron Men from Moat Cailin? 

'Rescued' them, did he? Well, I heard a different story. They were living it out here in a rich man's world, drinking beers and partying all night long. Then along came this Theon Greyjoy, who cajoled them into abandoning their rich man's life in order to go live with a psychopathic brat.......

Poor Ironborn......too trusting......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

You're joking right? 

The Lord of the Dreadfort is no man to jape with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Robb4Ever said:

'Rescued' them, did he? Well, I heard a different story. They were living it out here in a rich man's world, drinking beers and partying all night long. Then along came this Theon Greyjoy, who cajoled them into abandoning their rich man's life in order to go live with a psychopathic brat.......

Poor Ironborn......too trusting......

 

7 minutes ago, Robb4Ever said:

Also, whose trolling now? ;)

:lmao:I am indeed. Ramsay is as vile as they come. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sourjapes said:

The Lord of the Dreadfort is no man to jape with. 

I'm not asking you if you are joking with Roose. I'm asking if you are joking about your claim that Roose played no part in the RW? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

“A man in dark armor and a pale pink cloak spotted with blood stepped up to Robb. “Jaime Lannister sends his regards.” He thrust his longsword through her son’s heart, and twisted.”

You do understand that the man described above, the bloke who treacherously kills Robb is none other than Roose Bolton, don’t you?

I can’t tell if that entire post is sarcasm or the poster really believes it <_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, teej6 said:

I can’t tell if that entire post is sarcasm or the poster really believes it <_<

Same here, a proper head scratcher. And it can’t even be chalked up to confusing the actual story w/ the abomination. So it’s either sarcasm (although it doesn’t read like sarcasm, what with all the details about how Roose got there late and was spared b/c Walda and stuff), or not having read the books, just some really bad CliffsNotes, or fan fic written by a die hard Roose fan. :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Same here, a proper head scratcher. And it can’t even be chalked up to confusing the actual story w/ the abomination. So it’s either sarcasm (although it doesn’t read like sarcasm, what with all the details about how Roose got there late and was spared b/c Walda and stuff), or not having read the books, just some really bad CliffsNotes, or fan fic written by a die hard Roose fan. :laugh:

Yeah, obviously it's a joke. We all know what happened, but if Roose was a better liar he'd tell people what I told all of you. Letting the Freys write the cover story for the Red Wedding was a really bad move. My post was to illustrate that Roose has some plausible deniability and a good cover story. Not that everyone or anyone would 100% believe it, but I think if he framed things that way they'd at least second guess their own plans to name him a traitor or kill him. 

Roose is my favorite character, but that's because he's such a great villain. I don't like it when people try to portray him as being weirdly heroic or sympathetic. I respect his skill at playing the game of thrones but he's a very bad man. 

That said, I'm hoping he'll somehow manage to survive the series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×