Westeros Fantasy Baseball 2020

Week

On 7/6/2020 at 6:36 PM, Week said:

@Whiskeyjack @PyroclasticFlow @Jaime L @JJ Lannister @grozeng  @Bronn Stone @fuentez1138
 @Arch-MaesterPhilip @Mexal 

I'm going to wait and see for a week before diving back in to organizing this. The MLB seems to be a clusterfuck at the moment -- not sure that we're going to have a season to watch/play unless they clean up and test up this week. 

Probably need to have the draft in the next week or so if we're going to give it a shot.

2 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Probably need to have the draft in the next week or so if we're going to give it a shot.

Ya ... Doing it tonight or tomorrow. After doing our taxes. Probably.

22 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

You people are even more masochistic than I though.

Did my taxes. Fantasy baseball is up next. You in, bruh?

On 7/6/2020 at 7:36 PM, Week said:

@Whiskeyjack @PyroclasticFlow @Jaime L @JJ Lannister @grozeng  @Bronn Stone @fuentez1138

I'm going to wait and see for a week before diving back in to organizing this. The MLB seems to be a clusterfuck at the moment -- not sure that we're going to have a season to watch/play unless they clean up and test up this week. 

Folks, please check in with your draft availability. I've tentatively scheduled for Sunday, 3pm EST. These usually go long, so I wanted to avoid weeknights - although I am open to that if necessary.

If we don't get everyone back in by Saturday, we'll need to make some decisions to make the draft and season happen. I'll post something further this afternoon/tonight in terms of any rule changes or updates.

Aiite, maybe @ing people in a quote doesn't work. Not on my phone, so let's do this.

We have 10 here. Everyone please check in by Saturday. We're tentatively scheduled to do our auction draft on Sunday at 3pm EST. If we are missing folks or there are considerable issues with timing, then we may need to switch to a snake draft. Auction drafts simply don't work with auto-draft.

Changes:

Trade Deadline: September 13
After the draft all players will be on waivers to start
Daily changes with transactions (add and start the same day) -- so many potential injuries -- making it easy
Max Games/Max IP: 65/600 (essentially prorated from a full season)
Scoring: Saves changed to Save+Holds - this season is going to be weird ... hunting saves will be even weirder

Let me know of any other questions etc.

Also ... any interest in a Google Hangouts / Zoom draft?

I'm going to be up in the mountains most of the day Sunday unfortunately. Weeknights actually work best for me. But if Sunday is the day, I'm fully confident in Auto-Jaime's abilities in a covid draft. It's basically a crapshoot anyway. 

And I'm also down with hangouts/zoom if we go that route. 

55 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

I'm going to be up in the mountains most of the day Sunday unfortunately. Weeknights actually work best for me. But if Sunday is the day, I'm fully confident in Auto-Jaime's abilities in a covid draft. It's basically a crapshoot anyway. 

And I'm also down with hangouts/zoom if we go that route. 

Sorry dude, you're going to have to cancel your mountaineering. Get back inside and draft!

7 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

I have another draft at 9AM PDT.  Its snake so it SHOULD be over.  Count me in.

Yahoo says the draft is 3:00 PM PDT.  Is that correct?

Well, now I'm thinking we should do later or Monday/Tuesday. How does that strike you?

Updated draft time to 5pm PDT / 8pm EDT on Monday. Is that too late for east coasters? Probably going to be an 11pm/12 finish.

Archived