Westeros Fantasy Baseball 2020

Week

Definitely like my hitting.  Started with a lot of power, and managed to get some speed later in the draft.  Also feel good about my relievers and the top of my rotation.  Main issue is I probably need 1-2 more reliable starters.  Would have been okay if I hadn't gotten both Castellanos and Meadows - needed to use that money on another pitcher instead.

C - Christian Vazquez
1B - Freddie Freeman
2B - Nick Solak
SS - Xander Bogaerts
3B - Manny Machado
CI - Bobby Dalbec
MI - Javier Baez
OF - Mike Trout, Eloy Jimenez, Nick Castellanos, Austin Meadows, Victor Robles
UT - Nelson Cruz, Nick Senzel

Bench - Andrew Vaughn, Brendan Rodgers, Bobby Witt, Jarred Kelenic

SP - Yu Darvish, Jack Flaherty, Zack Wheeler, Domingo German, Frankie Montas, Triston McKenzie, Drew Smyly, James Paxton
RP - Nick Anderson, Will Smith, Trevor May, Drew Pomeranz

C - Gary Sanchez
1B - Eric Hosmer
2B - Lourdes Gurriel
SS - Trea Turner
3B - Nolan Arenado
CI - Yoan Moncada
MI - Carlos Correa
OF -Ronald Acuña Jr, Luis Robert, Trent Grisham, Wil Myers, Byron Buxton
UT - Alex Verdugo, Ryan Mountcastle

Bench - Anthony Santander, David Fletcher, Austin Riley, Wander Franco
SP - Trevor Bauer, Aaron Nola, Joe Musgrove :love: , Dinelson Lamet, Jesus Luzardo, Max Fried, Lance McCullers,Jr.
RP - Gregory Soto, Tyler Clippard, Lucas Sims, Jose Leclerc, Matt Wisler

A lot of speed.  Decent power.  I really need a better catcher - but I don't think anyone has a spare.  All of my relievers are 95% holds kinds of guys, but all are SP eligible.  I figured that since it is inevitable that I will chase closers during the season, starting with zero isn't a problem.  They can go in my RP slots later.

I'm not usually a huge homer in Fantasy, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE MY PADRES this year.  I also have the full MLB.TV subscription so I will see most of their games - that should keep me informed as to who is doing what.

26 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

A lot of speed.  Decent power.  I really need a better catcher - but I don't think anyone has a spare.  All of my relievers are 95% holds kinds of guys, but all are SP eligible.  I figured that since it is inevitable that I will chase closers during the season, starting with zero isn't a problem.  They can go in my RP slots later.

I'm not usually a huge homer in Fantasy, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE MY PADRES this year.  I also have the full MLB.TV subscription so I will see most of their games - that should keep me informed as to who is doing what.

I have Contreras and D'Arnaud -- happy to do something for either of them.

C- D'Arnaud
1B - Vladito
2B - Hiura
3B - JoRam
SS - Dansby
MI - Lux
CI - Bryant
OF - Betts
OF - Springer
OF - Ozuna
OF - Stanton
OF - Soler
Util - Ohtani
Util - Hayes

SP - Kersh
SP - Plesac
SP - Urias
SP - Taillon
SP - Mahle
SP - Urquidy
RP - Pressly
RP - Romano
RP - Chris Martin

Bench - Amir Garrett
Bench - Kirillof
Bench - Chris Taylor
Bench - GETTIN' ROWDY
Bench - JorMont
Bench - Contreras

NA - Tork (not sure he'll be up this year)

IL - Thor
IL - Sale

I like my team -- some draft snafus -- would rather Vlad at 3B, but probably worth it at 1B. Two catchers FFS. I think this pitching staff can hold it's own until the cavalry (potentially) arrives (Thor and Sale).

Just traded:

Horn Hill

Muncy, Sano, Green 

for

Storm's End

Tucker, Smith, Heaney

Feel I may have overpaid, but wanted Tucker.  And picked up Peralta to replace Green.

I need OF and SB, so Tucker fills the bill.  But gave up a ton of HRs and position flexibility.

1 hour ago, grozeng said:

Just traded:

Horn Hill

Muncy, Sano, Green 

for

Storm's End

Tucker, Smith, Heaney

Feel I may have overpaid, but wanted Tucker.  And picked up Peralta to replace Green.

I need OF and SB, so Tucker fills the bill.  But gave up a ton of HRs and position flexibility.

Wait what?

Did you just trade 3 guys who cost $13 in the draft two days ago for 3 guys who cost $33 and then try to pretend you overpaid?

:lol:

I'll have the trade process this afternoon.

Smith at $10 doesn't warrant a mention in the trade either?

Anyway, I would've definitely been interested in Tucker for power - feel free to reach out via DM or can connect on chat.

7 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Wait what?

Did you just trade 3 guys who cost $13 in the draft two days ago for 3 guys who cost $33 and then try to pretend you overpaid?

:lol:

He went for $33?  I had him much lower.  I was looking at my rankings.  Did not look at where he went in the draft. I told you my rankings were way off.  I had Tucker higher than Sano, Muncy higher than Smith and Green much higher than Heaney in my rankings.  If Tucker is really a $33 player, I take back my overpaid comment.   But I did not have him anywhere near that.

1 hour ago, grozeng said:

He went for $33?  I had him much lower.  I was looking at my rankings.  Did not look at where he went in the draft. I told you my rankings were way off.  I had Tucker higher than Sano, Muncy higher than Smith and Green much higher than Heaney in my rankings.  If Tucker is really a $33 player, I take back my overpaid comment.   But I did not have him anywhere near that.

Tucker went for $20.  It was the $11 Will Smith "throw in" that put the deal absurdly over the top.  You underpaid without Smith.  It was Santy Claus time with.

Well, as WJ says, once the draft is over what you paid doesn't matter :)

Just kidding.  I looked at his roster and 4 catcheers and lack of power and figureed it would help him and me.

I asked for Smith because you needeed a Catcher and said you had SB to spare.  So the intent was to trade a catcher to you after this trade.  I had Smiith lower than $11 in my rankings.  I had them Tucker, Muncy, Sano, Smith, Green.  Heaney I did not rank because he was $1 for me.  Dollar-wise I had them pretty close in my rankings.  But looking at the projected stats I am losing a ton of HRs and RBIs but gaining SBs.   I got good deals on my players in the draft where I felel Tucker and Smith went a little high.

But it's not like I am trading 3 players I just picked up off of waivers for Nolan Arenado when he was a top 10 player either. 

To be honest, I looked at the wrong Will Smith value when I proposed this.  I even made a (lame) Coldplay/Fresh Prince joke during the draft when Chris Martin and Will Smith went up close together.  I had no idea Will Smith the catcher was actually good until there were some complaints about the trade.  I just put him in the trade because I liked a Catcher with a projected .900 OPS and wanted to trade Grandal to Bronn for some speed.  I thought I was giving 3 players for Tucker basically and getting a potentially good catcher back and a starter I liked last year.  Didn't realize Smith is like the 3rd best Catcher.  

Archived