Westeros Fantasy Baseball 2020

Week

So WJ, you are going to pick up Mike Brosseau.  He has a projected .883 OPS.  He must be really good.  I wonder why he is still a FA and people have players with lower OPS on their team.

Or if you want a Catcher, Zack Collins has a .805 OPS.  That's pretty good for a catcher.  Why is he still available.

Storm's End had 3 catchers.  I did not want McCann and Realmaluto is too good.  So I went for the one in the middle, not knowing he was better than the Catcher I already had (all with the intention of turning Grandal - who I thought was my best Catcher over to Bronn for SB help).  That was the master plan here.  In my rankings, I had my dollars a little higher than what I got (but I was looking at the wrong Will Smith when I made the proposal).  I figured Smith was a part-time catcher who did not get enough at-bats to hurt me and did well when he did get ABs.

OK.

Welp. 

Enjoy Contreras on the wire because I got to impatient and then Kirilloff was sent down and all is garbage. Oh well.

eta--not sure the relevance on the projections but the PA number is pretty significant. 221 for Collins, 300s for Brosseau suggest they are part-timers. Let's not pretend we all have smooth brains and lack the ability to check PA or cross-check in a quick google search.

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Week said:

Ooh, some excitement from @Bronn Stone and @Jaime L

Trea Turner for Fernando Tatis.

Bronn continues to collect Padres like they're Pokemon. Gotta catch 'em all!

I definitely did not WANT Tatis.  But I could also not click "REJECT TRADE" when it meant getting a higher-ranked Padre one-for-one.

9 hours ago, Week said:

Ooh, some excitement from @Bronn Stone and @Jaime L

Trea Turner for Fernando Tatis.

Bronn continues to collect Padres like they're Pokemon. Gotta catch 'em all!

Disappointed there's no mention of my flagarant homerism here as well. 

If both my teams (Riverrun and the Nats) are going down in flames, I'm going down as the biggest homer alive. 

1 hour ago, Jaime L said:

Disappointed there's no mention of my flagarant homerism here as well. 

If both my teams (Riverrun and the Nats) are going down in flames, I'm going down as the biggest homer alive. 

Apologies, yes - hoping this is more Soto than Straw, of course.

Yes, I wouldn't do the either of these deals but they weren't my trades to make. Hoping to have one that I actually partake in soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2021 at 5:25 PM, grozeng said:

Me and Valyrian have a small trade.

McGee for Hampson.  I need steals and my entire MI crew is injured.  And I have too many closers.

I would've loved Hampson too (just missed the bid by a buck). Oh well.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

We're getting into the dog days of summer and will look for answers to a few questions.

Will the Revenant ever stop hitting homeruns? (25% more than league average -- ~30 dongs)
Will anyone catch the Krakens in stolen bases? (50% more than league average -- ~~24 bags ... about 5 fewer than the Ser Piggy's in last ... not surprising the Ser Piggy's are not fleet of foot)
How far to the Stanes fall in K's when we all hit the IP limit? (#1 in Ks and IP -- 3rd to last in K/IP)

Good luck to all in June!

4 hours ago, Week said:

I would've loved Hampson too (just missed the bid by a buck). Oh well.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

We're getting into the dog days of summer and will look for answers to a few questions.

Will the Revenant ever stop hitting homeruns? (25% more than league average -- ~30 dongs)
Will anyone catch the Krakens in stolen bases? (50% more than league average -- ~~24 bags ... about 5 fewer than the Ser Piggy's in last ... not surprising the Ser Piggy's are not fleet of foot)
How far to the Stanes fall in K's when we all hit the IP limit? (#1 in Ks and IP -- 3rd to last in K/IP)

Good luck to all in June!

With the super long season and all of the injuries on my team, my interest at this point is close to zero.

3 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

With the super long season and all of the injuries on my team, my interest at this point is close to zero.

Interested enough to be the first reply to my post within 4 hours! :P

It must be such a bore to have pickups like Trevor Rodgers, Adolis Garcia, and Tyler O'Neill.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congrats all! I was certain that I'd snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in the last week. I think @Whiskeyjack got as close as 0.5 at the start of the week. Phew.

Rank Team Points Pts Change Pts Back Waiver Bdgt Waiver Moves
1  Driftwood Stanes 79.5 -0.5 - $66 8 275
2  Ghost Hill Revenant 76 2 3.5 $27 1 304
3  Harlaw Krakens 70 -0.5 9.5 $0 6 298
4  Horn Hill Ser Piggys 68.5 -1 11 $47 7 82
5  Castle Black Crows 64 -1 15.5 $49 9 32
6  Summerhall Slags 57 -0.5 22.5 $62 5 74
7  Valyrian Freeholders 54 1 25.5 $70 2 57
8  Riverrun Toreadors 52 0.5 27.5 $92 3 159
9  Storm's End Stags 19 0 60.5 $100 4 4

• 5 months later...
10 hours ago, Week said:

Aha -- I say again -- who's in nerds? Feel free to add anyone else here too.

@Whiskeyjack @PyroclasticFlow  @Bronn Stone @Mexal  @grozeng 

@Jaime L @JJ Lannister 

@Arch-MaesterPhilip  @RaceBannon42 @boiled leather 

Well the universal DH does get me all hot and bothered for fantasy purposes, so yeah count me in

Archived