Westeros Fantasy Baseball 2020

Week

9 hours ago, PyroclasticFlow said:

Apologies to all for having to deal with auto Pyro, i completely forgot it was Tue and thought draft was Thu. 

willing to part with some of my players if anyone wants to toss some offers my way

Folks will probably want to hear your rationale with the trade out there. 

In anticipation of some potential consternation, I'd ask folks stay cool and vote if they feel strongly.

On 4/14/2022 at 6:13 PM, Week said:

Folks will probably want to hear your rationale with the trade out there. 

In anticipation of some potential consternation, I'd ask folks stay cool and vote if they feel strongly.

Sure no prob. I’ll take Sanchez’s power potential, along with Brantley’s bat getting him on base w the potential to score runs in that Houston offense, over Bellinger and his inconsistency any day. 

Morton for Strasburg, I’ll take youth, granted it’s only a few years difference and he is coming off TOS rehab, but everyone in the NL has to face and extras hitter now first and second time through the order(with the DH), and his stats usually are lights out in Aug/Sep which we aren’t playing into this season

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2022 at 10:26 PM, grozeng said:

And the annual @Week winning has begun.  Surprised we held out so long.

Oh hai! We'll see -- still some a lot of time left!

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, grozeng said:

JJ and I  have a trade

Ward and William Contreras for Valdez

I need QS and Contreras and Ward are probably bench players for me so I threw it out there.

Just need @Week to process it

Done.

• 4 weeks later...

Season wrapped after last night -- a drop in OPS offset the QS push that I had hoped would propel the Stanes above 90. So it goes.

Fun season all -- good luck in the Fantasy Football endeavors for those who partake. Otherwise, we'll see if we can spin up again next year.

Rank Team Points Pts Change Pts Back Waiver Bdgt Waiver Moves
1  Driftwood Stanes 89.5 -2 - $88 2 135
2  Horn Hill Ser Piggys 80 -2 9.5 $44 8 88
3  Ghost Hill Revenant 74 1.5 15.5 $0 9 211
4  Castle Black Crows 64 1 25.5 $60 3 49
5  Riverrun Toreadors 60.5 1 29 $79 1 102
6  Harlaw Krakens 51.5 0.5 38 $76 6 75
7  Valyrian Freeholders 49.5 -1.5 40 $73 4 54
8  Storm's End Stags 36 0 53.5 $100 7 4
9  Green Fork Knights 35 1.5 54.5 $99 5 63

Congrats (again).  For some reason I thought we were ending at the all star break, so I started streaming crappy pitchers in June and my pitching stats really tanked.  If I planned better it may have been closer.   I was leading most of the pitching categories too for most of the season until I started streaming.

Oh well.  But not as bad as a couple of years ago when I lost first on the last day.  At least I had a month to try and get back.

Congrats Week! Looks like that's now 6 years in a row. Ridiculous. Was sure with the kind of lead Groz had the first couple months that the streak was ending for sure and then of course I look up and Week has made up a 10 point gap in a day and is on his way to cruising to another title. B horror movie villain shit. 

19 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Congrats Week! Looks like that's now 6 years in a row. Ridiculous. Was sure with the kind of lead Groz had the first couple months that the streak was ending for sure and then of course I look up and Week has made up a 10 point gap in a day and is on his way to cruising to another title. B horror movie villain shit. 

It was you that got me streaming the crappy pitchers when you told me that Yahoo's inning estimate was off based on our shortened year.  That's when I tried to get my innings up and had a lot of 10+ ERA days.

1 hour ago, grozeng said:

It was you that got me streaming the crappy pitchers when you told me that Yahoo's inning estimate was off based on our shortened year.  That's when I tried to get my innings up and had a lot of 10+ ERA days.

Pretty sure that was me.  I was trying to trade you a good pitcher.  You responded by instead trading with JJ + streaming bad pitchers.

Jaime told me it first about 2 weeks earlier.  You also confirmed it but I started the streaming bad pitcher thing started a little earlier than that and was on my way to maxing my innings at that point.  My ERA went from 3.1 to 3.5.  And I had more Ks than IP and then that stopped.  I think I was leading QS and SV too around then.  I know I was 8 or 9 points in most categories except stolen bases for most of the season.

i really thought we were stopping at the all star game so I was streaming 2 or 3 pitchers a day for a couple of weeks (and Kershaw and Scherzer being hurt did not help).  That's what screwed my team.  When I traded for Valdez I started streaming better pitchers, but the damage was already done at that point and my good pitchers had some really crappy games late in July.

Well that and Week just being so much better than all of us at this :)

I should have traded my hitting for pitching earlier.   I had such a big lead in most of the hitting categories that I could have afforded to trade Ward or someone earlier for better pitching.

• 7 months later...

Archived