Red Wedding/Character deaths?

Eternally_Theirs

1 minute ago, Robb4Ever said:

Still makes him a hypocrite IMHO. He opposes fanfiction but is actually encouraging his fans to write it by killing the characters they love.

Not true. George had no choice but to kill Robb. He had to teach the other misbehaving children a lesson else it would have been pure anarchy. 

7 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Not true. George had no choice but to kill Robb. He had to teach the other misbehaving children a lesson else it would have been pure anarchy. 

He had a choice. Every writer has a choice. David Eddings chose not to kill any 'heroic' character and have them stay dead. Martin chose to kill every 'heroic' character.

2 minutes ago, Robb4Ever said:

He had a choice. Every writer has a choice. David Eddings chose not to kill any 'heroic' character and have them stay dead. Martin chose to kill every 'heroic' character.

Not at all. There are plenty of heroic characters left. Jon, Sam, Brienne, Dany, Davos, Stannis, Arya, Tyrion, Mance, Tormund, Barristan, Jorah, Greyworm, Jaime

19 minutes ago, Robb4Ever said:

I'll not have that.

Ser Creighton Longbough is still alive.And whilst he still draws breath there is hope for us all.:drunk:

54 minutes ago, Robb4Ever said:

I had bad grades and my mother said that my room is an utter mess more than once. Yet I am still alive and typing this. Or maybe I am dead but still have fingers with which to type?

Dude, it's fiction. 

When you write a story, you grow attached to the characters you create, so yes, they are like his children. But GRRM is writing his story as he sees it. 

There are a number of characters that have died that did not deserve to die. And there are a number of characters who died who deserved to die. 

And there are more characters who don't deserve to die who will die and characters who deserve to die who will die. 

This is just how it goes. 

8 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

No way, Shirley. George would never kill his favorite child. 

He already killed several of fan-favorite children of his. Like Ned, Robert, Lyanna, Rhaegar, Robb, Grey Wind, Jinglebell, Elia, Oberyn....And I heard that he is planning to ice Shireen and Sweetrobin as well.

"You murdered them. You killed your children. Say their names, George Martin. Say them!" - Oberyn Martell & the fans

He killed off Jon's biological parents, so why not Jon as well?

2 hours ago, Robb4Ever said:

He already killed several of fan-favorite children of his. Like Ned, Robert, Lyanna, Rhaegar, Robb, Grey Wind, Jinglebell, Elia, Oberyn....And I heard that he is planning to ice Shireen and Sweetrobin as well.

I didn't say fan favorite, I said George's favorite child. Again, a joke. 

2 hours ago, Robb4Ever said:

He killed off Jon's biological parents, so why not Jon as well?

He might kill Jon off but surely you have heard the theories? For starters we don't know that he is dead at all, we know he was stabbed. There is precedence in the book for resurrecting people from the dead &/or healing them with blood sacrifices. We also know Jon can skin change into Ghost. So there is plenty of possibility for the mutiny to not have killed him. 

Plot wise, his arc is not near finished & likely won't be until the end of the book IMO. Of course, I've been wrong before & could be now but killing off his parents has no bearing on whether or not he will be killed. 

2 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I didn't say fan favorite, I said George's favorite child. Again, a joke. 

He might kill Jon off but surely you have heard the theories? For starters we don't know that he is dead at all, we know he was stabbed. There is precedence in the book for resurrecting people from the dead &/or healing them with blood sacrifices. We also know Jon can skin change into Ghost. So there is plenty of possibility for the mutiny to not have killed him. 

Plot wise, his arc is not near finished & likely won't be until the end of the book IMO. Of course, I've been wrong before & could be now but killing off his parents has no bearing on whether or not he will be 

If he could bring characters back to life, then why not Sweetie, who was put to death when he was 16? It's a coming of age story, you say. Well, I see no reason why a 16-year-old kid can't be a part of that story.

1 minute ago, Robb4Ever said:

If he could bring characters back to life, then why not Sweetie, who was put to death when he was 16? It's a coming of age story, you say. Well, I see no reason why a 16-year-old kid can't be a part of that story.

It's not IF he could bring characters back to life, we have seen it happen, Beric & Cat - possibly Drogo although that may have been more of a healing ritual than a resurrecting ritual. 

I see no reason why either. That's something you could only get answered by GRRM. 

14 minutes ago, Robb4Ever said:

The author obviously did.

Just as Martin fused fantasy with feudal realism,perhaps you could fuse fantasy,feudal realism with juvenile emo fangirl angst?

I'm sure the books would fly off the shelves.

Of their own volition.

1 minute ago, redriver said:

The author obviously did.

Just as Martin fused fantasy with feudal realism,perhaps you could fuse fantasy,feudal realism with juvenile emo fangirl angst?

I'm sure the books would fly off the shelves.

Of their own volition.

:lmao::agree:

16 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

:lmao::agree:

So tell me which major characters that are evil actually died then? Cersei is still alive. Roose and Ramsay are still alive. Robert Strong and Qyburn are still alive. All major villains are still alive while all the major heroes are dead. How is that realistic?

11 minutes ago, Robb4Ever said:

So tell me which major characters that are evil actually died then? Cersei is still alive. Roose and Ramsay are still alive. Robert Strong and Qyburn are still alive. All major villains are still alive while all the major heroes are dead. How is that realistic?

You know this isn't true, if you have read the books. Besides that another poster listed several villains that have died up thread. Gregor, Vargo, Janos Slynt, Weese, Joffrey,  to name a few - Theon is suffering a fate worse than death. You cannot accept that there are other good guys in the series than Robb. I named several heroes that are still alive but you ignored it. 

Archived