What if Sansa was killed by the wights in The Long Night?

Angel Eyes

So say if Arya was a touch late with the catspaw dagger and Sansa is killed by wights; Tyrion can fight off wights but Sansa has no fighting skills whatsoever (big mistake Jon, Brienne and Arya to give examples). How would this impact events for the rest of Season 8?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/4/2020 at 3:55 AM, Ghostlydragon said:

I guess the North doesn'tbecome independent. The title lady of Winterfell passes to Arya but when she refuses the position, I suppose another house gets to take over since Bran has his third eye on the iron throne.

Why was it so important that the North is independent?

29 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

Why was it so important that the North is independent?

They shouldn't want it. It's as if the northerners don't seem to understand that by declaring independence they are just drawing out a war against the iron throne and the other kingdoms when they badly need peace.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/30/2020 at 1:14 PM, GoldenGail3 said:

Then another character would die to the Night King. Not that I like Sansa much anyhow - she told Queen Evil Bitch about Ned’s plans and got him killed in the process.

So let's go the other direction with that: since Sansa was killed by the Night King in this scenario, she doesn't learn that R+L=J. What happens from there (show version, not book version)?

7 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

So let's go the other direction with that: since Sansa was killed by the Night King in this scenario, she doesn't learn that R+L=J. What happens from there (show version, not book version)?

I dunno, R+L in the books is likely unimportant even though everybody thinks it is if their hardcore Jon fans (sorry boys, the chances of Jon going to obtain the IT is very slim to none). I think that Jon might’ve gotten Winterfell in this situation, I’d presume?

On 8/16/2020 at 12:58 PM, GoldenGail3 said:

I dunno, R+L in the books is likely unimportant even though everybody thinks it is if their hardcore Jon fans (sorry boys, the chances of Jon going to obtain the IT is very slim to none). I think that Jon might’ve gotten Winterfell in this situation, I’d presume?

Where's the "You sit on a throne a lies" gif when you need it.

14 hours ago, BlackLightning said:

Where's the "You sit on a throne a lies" gif when you need it.

What, do you think people in the books will accept Jon (a half wildling skinchanger of a dude) as King? Much less a Targaryen? I think not.

On 7/1/2020 at 8:18 PM, GoldenGail3 said:

To make Sansa seem more likeable?:lol:

Because it made no difference and was therefore pointless. Cersei didn't need Sansa to tell her squat. So why bother with that convoluted plot from the books anyway? There is your answer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2020 at 1:14 PM, GoldenGail3 said:

Then another character would die to the Night King. Not that I like Sansa much anyhow - she told Queen Evil Bitch about Ned’s plans and got him killed in the process.

You do know that that wasn't Sansa's fault, right?

On 8/21/2020 at 2:47 PM, GoldenGail3 said:

What, do you think people in the books will accept Jon (a half wildling skinchanger of a dude) as King? Much less a Targaryen? I think not.

I think that they won't have much of a choice. If it's a choice between choosing a half-wildling skinchanger former brother of the Night's Watch who happens to be the product of a Targaryen/Stark union and dying a gruesome death at the hands of zombies and then being resurrected and enslaved to do the bidding of the zombie puppetmaster...

...then it's pretty safe to say that people will accept the former over the latter. The fact that he is a "good" person and is both Targaryen and a Stark makes the decision that much more easier. Robb's will, the ages of Rickon, the as-yet-to-be-continued absence of Bran and Arya, Sansa's ineligibility, Tyrion's respect (however begrudging), Lannister tomfoolery, Stannis' unlikability and Daenerys' affections will certainly do him a few favors as well.

And how on Earth can you say that R+L=J is not going to be important? If everything that happened before, during and immediately after Robert's Rebellion has been CRUCIAL throughout this entire series, why would the biggest twist in the whole Robert's Rebellion story not be important.

Like what? Ned Stark, of all people, the man who refused to play the game, had actually played the game and fooled millions and millions of people into believing something that wasn't true. Jon Snow being the legitimate son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark is just such a massive gut-punch to nearly every single character in the series...from Mance Rayder to Jalabhar Xho, from Euron Greyjoy to the Shavepate.

19 hours ago, BlackLightning said:

You do know that that wasn't Sansa's fault, right?

I think that they won't have much of a choice. If it's a choice between choosing a half-wildling skinchanger former brother of the Night's Watch who happens to be the product of a Targaryen/Stark union and dying a gruesome death at the hands of zombies and then being resurrected and enslaved to do the bidding of the zombie puppetmaster...

...then it's pretty safe to say that people will accept the former over the latter. The fact that he is a "good" person and is both Targaryen and a Stark makes the decision that much more easier. Robb's will, the ages of Rickon, the as-yet-to-be-continued absence of Bran and Arya, Sansa's ineligibility, Tyrion's respect (however begrudging), Lannister tomfoolery, Stannis' unlikability and Daenerys' affections will certainly do him a few favors as well.

And how on Earth can you say that R+L=J is not going to be important? If everything that happened before, during and immediately after Robert's Rebellion has been CRUCIAL throughout this entire series, why would the biggest twist in the whole Robert's Rebellion story not be important.

Like what? Ned Stark, of all people, the man who refused to play the game, had actually played the game and fooled millions and millions of people into believing something that wasn't true. Jon Snow being the legitimate son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark is just such a massive gut-punch to nearly every single character in the series...from Mance Rayder to Jalabhar Xho, from Euron Greyjoy to the Shavepate.

So, banking off of that, let’s get back to the original question please.

If Sansa is killed by the wights in the crypts, that means one less person knows R+L=J. Since Sansa is not alive to learn Jon’s parentage, she doesn’t tell Tyrion who doesn’t tell Varys. How does the story progress from there?

Archived