Narcos: Mexico Season 2, With Tigers.

Martell Spy

14 hours ago, Zorral said:

Thank you -- I had no idea. 

Hide contents

Did the narrator - narrative say this?  If so, I did I miss it???!!!!! Because I did.  Maybe because I got up to open a beer?

Spoiler

No. It's all just contextual, that you learn more about these two brothers, and meet one of them, in the same episode where you see this scene from thirty-odd years earlier.

7 hours ago, redriver said:

Been covered now, at least twice.In his own show.

If he escapes from his current incarceration then I will definately tune in!!

Yea but that wasn’t under the Narcos flag. Funny you mentioned him escaping again. I watched a video the other daythat shows his current situation. He’s the most secure prisoner in the world. 

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

Still have one episode to go, but Pablo Acosta  was the highlight of the season for me. Just saw the actress that played Mimi is the daughter of Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick. 

Wow...didnt place her as that couples offspring. She didn't remind me of either. But now I suppose i'll be looking harder for signs of resemblance.

One wonders 

Spoiler

how Walt hasn't slit his wrists.  That was brutal.  His guilt was already so heavy.

I have now finished watching this season.  It was a slow burn, again, counter-intuitively, because of the constant jagged jumping from one character and location to another of the opening episodes.  It settles more and more as the middle and later episodes arrive, becoming a very satisfying production by the end.

I was particularly impressed by the rigged '88 presidential election, using the same computer programming that was supposed to function like the caucus voting apps that failed just now, here, in the Iowa caucus. This isn't fiction, this is what happened with the Mexico's election that year.

The NY Times (paywall, limited articles) has an interview today with Diego Luna, and his take on his two seasons' character, which is pretty interesting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/21/arts/television/diego-luna-narcos-mexico-netflix.html

...I had a long conversation with Eric Newman, and from the beginning I said that if we were going to tell a story about good people chasing bad guys, I’m not interested. Because if it were that simple, we wouldn’t be going through this nightmare that persists today. To me, it was important to see how every level of power has to be involved in order for something like Gallardo’s cartel to exist. And to operate so well, to be such a great business for so many. I wanted to see how complicated it was — not just the Mexican structure, but the demand in the States that needs to be there for this to happen.

On 2/18/2020 at 9:44 AM, DireWolfSpirit said:

https://collider.com/narcos-mexico-season-2-ending-explained/

The season sets the table for a bloody civil war between the surviving factions. We've just watched the more "peaceful era" end.

Spoiler

Yeah, really looking forward to this. There is this moment in the last season where it appears Felix is going down and the various drug barons and would-be barons are having this big meeting. It appeared we were at that moment already and I was really excited about it, since there were so many interesting personalities involved. But, then Felix strode in with the army and took control again. I didn't know all the particulars about what events happened and I purposely kept myself in the dark. 

Thought the first 2 eps or so were slow, but it picked up quite a bit. I was so certain Felix was gone at the end of the last season that it made a lot of this season a tense watch. 

Huh, Felix’s tirade in the end was on point to a degree. 

Deposing him truly solved nothing, and his idea that the Americans who went rogue to pursue him with the idea of him being a great evil being motivated by mere ego seemed right.

In the end most of these agents had no stake in the game besides the loose justification of he killed one of their guys.

1 hour ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Huh, Felix’s tirade in the end was on point to a degree. 

Deposing him truly solved nothing, and his idea that the Americans who went rogue to pursue him with the idea of him being a great evil being motivated by mere ego seemed right.

In the end most of these agents had no stake in the game besides the loose justification of he killed one of their guys.

Eeee-yah? And how he killed their guy?  How much should that weigh the scales of going after him?  And all the others?

Effective biz methods do not cancel = Evil.  That people buy cigarettes does not cancel out that the effective methods of the tobacco company = death and disease.

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Eeee-yah? And how he killed their guy?  How much should that weigh the scales of going after him?  And all the others?

Effective biz methods do not cancel = Evil.  That people buy cigarettes does not cancel out that the effective methods of the tobacco company = death and disease.

Oh I'm not saying the guy was good-he was a monster responsible for the deaths of countless people, and a thug who terrorized millions.

But, his breakdown of what would happen by simply removing him-was spot on.

The drug factions he led would reorganize and commence bloody war for dominance.

That his disposal would not save lives. 

Quite the opposite.

This was something that Breslin himself would recognize.

It belies a certain ego that he thinks a rag tag group of gun-toting gringos willing to get their hands dirty could much of a positive affect in terms of combating drug-trafficking.

Now I'm not saying allowing guys Felix to run their country is the best thing; but obviously trying to combat this problem by way of simply getting rid of some specific  bad guys is foolhardy.

6 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Oh I'm not saying the guy was good-he was a monster responsible for the deaths of countless people, and a thug who terrorized millions.

But, his breakdown of what would happen by simply removing him-was spot on.

The drug factions he led would reorganize and commence bloody war for dominance.

That his disposal would not save lives. 

Quite the opposite.

This was something that Breslin himself would recognize.

It belies a certain ego that he thinks a rag tag group of gun-toting gringos willing to get their hands dirty could much of a positive affect in terms of combating drug-trafficking.

Now I'm not saying allowing guys Felix to run their country is the best thing; but obviously trying to combat this problem by way of simply getting rid of some specific  bad guys is foolhardy.

OK.  I go with this. For sure.  Particularly considering what else is going on with the POTUS Reagan people doing hidden drug deals for illegal weapons to ship to Iran in Nicaragua.  Why has US history just forgotten this truly evil action?

OTOH, it's plausible that at a few people in the DEA wouldn't forget their comrade and would want to do all they could.  Heroism, heartening to see later, but totally effed in real time.  Like Roland . . . . As if Walt didn't already have guilt already, that he's still on his feet ... woo.

Archived