Acting of Jaqen H’ghar

YeniAy_Ottoman

Post image

Something caught my attention during Jaqen and Arya talk. Arya says Jaqen's name as her third name, and his reaction is interesting.
Arya bit her lip hard to stop from crying. “I want you to save the northmen like I saved you.”
He looked down at her pitilessly. “Three lives were snatched from a god. Three lives must be repaid. The gods are not mocked.” His voice was silk and steel.
“I never mocked.” She thought for a moment. “The name… can I name anyone? And you’ll kill him?”
Jaqen H’ghar inclined his head. “A man has said.”
Anyone?” she repeated. “A man, a woman, a little baby, or Lord Tywin, or the High Septon, or your father?”
“A man’s sire is long dead, but did he live, and did you know his name, he would die at your command.”
“Swear it,” Arya said. “Swear it by the gods.”
“By all the gods of sea and air, and even him of fire, I swear it.” He placed a hand in the mouth of the weirwood. “By the seven new gods and the old gods beyond count, I swear it.”
He has sworn. “Even if I named the king…”
“Speak the name, and death will come. On the morrow, at the turn of the moon, a year from this day, it will come. A man does not fly like a bird, but one foot moves and then another and one day a man is there, and a king dies.” He knelt beside her, so they were face-to-face, “A girl whispers if she fears to speak aloud. Whisper it now. Is it Joffrey?”
Arya put her lips to his ear. “It’s Jaqen H’ghar.”
Even in the burning barn, with walls of flame towering all around and him in chains, he had not seemed so distraught as he did now. “A girl… she makes a jest.”
Arya thinks he's scared. But he is a FM and FM is never afraid of death. Technically, a FM never dies because they're no one. A FM has no identity, no name, no gender. They are no one and everyone. Faceless Men worship death and wear the faces of dead people. Jaqen is a dead man. You cannot kill a dead man, he is already dead.
So how Jaqen scared? Simple. He did not. He is acting. Remember that acting is their thing. We saw it when Arya was training in Braavos. She is with mummers right now.
So, what is going on? Let's look deeper.
“You swore. The gods heard you swear.”
“The gods did hear,” There was a knife in his hand suddenly, its blade thin as her little finger. Whether it was meant for her or him, Arya could not say. “A girl will weep. A girl will lose her only friend.”
“You’re not my friend. A friend would help me.” She stepped away from him, balanced on the balls of her feet in case he threw his knife. “I’d never kill a friend.”
Jaqen’s smile came and went. “A girl might… name another name then, if a friend did help?”
“A girl might,” she said. “If a friend did help.”
The knife vanished. “Come.”
“Now?” She had never thought he would act so quickly.
“A man hears the whisper of sand in a glass. A man will not sleep until a girl unsays a certain name. Now, evil child.”
I’m not an evil child, she thought, I am a direwolf, and the ghost in Harrenhal. She put her broomstick back in its hiding place and followed him from the godswood.
Jaqen immediately takes out his knife after the so-called sign of fear. And here the game starts now.
A minute! Jaqen you're a FM, you won't have a friend or you don't have an emotional bond. What friend?
Arya is fond of her friends. She is always loyal to his friends. Jaqen knows her name as well as he knows it. Jaqen begins to manipulate Arya. He says that Jaqen is her friend and that she will cry for him later.

What is Arya doing? If Jaqen was her friend, he should have helped her, Arya would never have killed a friend. Jaqen's words worked, so he smiled ... Suddenly he agreed to help.

He just claimed that she only owed three deaths and that he couldn't do more. Now he does not mind helping her to kill almost the entire castle. Then? Jaqen has a plan! Even Arya is surprised that it is so fast. Even the smartest people cannot plan so fast. Jaqen made the whole plan, because he planned it well in advance. The fastest rescue operation I have ever seen in my life.

Here Jaqen tries to give the impression of a spontaneous development, but not at all. He waits 2 names until Arya says, then he can't wait any longer for the 3rd name, precisely when the northerners are imprisoned. He knows that Arya who she is, doesn't she guess she might want to save those men? He first resisting that, but then he gives up and says, "Okay, let's get it done." and saves the men in an hour.

Jaqen who do you think you deceive?

And there is also this "A man hears the whisper of sand in a glass"

Remember that Bolton and his soldiers came to the castle after this rescue operation. I don't think this is an unexpected situation for Jaqen. Because if you pay attention, Glover asks Jaqen after the northerners are rescued.

“This of the soup, that was clever,” the man Glover was saying. “I did not expect that. Was it Lord Hoat’s idea?”
Rorge began to laugh. He laughed so hard that snot flew out the hole where his nose had been. Biter sat on top of one of the dead men, holding a limp hand as he gnawed at the fingers. Bones cracked between his teeth.
“Who are you men?” A crease appeared between Robett Glover’s brows. “You were not with Hoat when he came to Lord Bolton’s encampment. Are you of the Brave Companions?”

So, this was not a rescue operation. This was a trojan horse operation. Northern lords were not really captured, it was just a plan. They had acted. Jaqen also acted(to Arya), he knew everything. So, these guys are going to get rid of it already, and Jaqen knows that very well, then why he get so much acting instead of telling Arya this? What was he trying to do?

Here again, my "champions" theory comes into play. Jaqen somehow tested Arya, I don't know what this proved for him, but he planned everything and then led Arya to FM. I believe Jaqen has been after Arya from the very beginning. I even think Syrio is Jaqen. Capturing a FM is technically impossible because they can even change their gender in a matter of seconds. So he was deliberately captured. Arya is important to FM and they want to keep her and train her. I am sure that this is about the battle of the ice and fire. You may also want to read here.
Thank you for read.

Archived