Football: winter break over

Iskaral Pust

Was about to say, that Dortmund is leading 2-1 against PSG in the meantime.

Haaland with two goals. The 1-0 was kinda average poacher goal. (blocked shot by Guereiro finding its way to Haaland) the 2-1 on the other hand was pretty neat.

The equalizer was scored by Neymar, but there full credit goes to Mbappe.

Braut Haaland needs to be careful. Between him and Ødegård, some long lost spark of hope that our national team might again enter a zone of other than suckage could be in danger of being kindled. Maybe.

9 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

dont understand why Ox came on, and not Keita

Because he wanted to change it to 4-2-3-1.

3 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Piss poor. Klopp knew exactly what we'd face and he fucked up his team selection and his subs.

We'll probably play exactly the same way at Anfield and go out. No shots on target, fucking hell.

Bloody hell you two, pull yourselves together ffs. Atletico played well and we didn't play particularly well, it happens sometimes. We lost a game. We've still got the home leg to try and get through and if we don't we've been to the last two Champions League Finals and we're currently 25 points clear in the league. :dunno:

A one goal lead is not nearly enough to take back to Anfield. Atleti can park the bus like no other but I don't see them keeping a clean sheet in the 2nd leg. Liverpool still big favourites in this tie. 

Dortmund deserved to get the win. Conceding the away goal was not ideal but at least they've got something to hold on to. Still think PSG will get through. This tie has a lot more entertainment value than Atleti/Liverpool as both sides are looking to play an attacking game while being shaky in defense. 

5 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

Because he wanted to change it to 4-2-3-1.

Bloody hell you two, pull yourselves together ffs. Atletico played well and we didn't play particularly well, it happens sometimes. We lost a game. We've still got the home leg to try and get through and if we don't we've been to the last two Champions League Finals and we're currently 25 points clear in the league. :dunno:

oh come on, we were poor.So poor that Klopp took both Mo and Mane off, our two main threats.

Who does he bring on, grandpa Milner! How many crosses did TAA fuck up. Gini was invisible.

9 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

oh come on, we were poor.So poor that Klopp took both Mo and Mane off, our two main threats.

Who does he bring on, grandpa Milner! How many crosses did TAA fuck up. Gini was invisible.

Again, get a grip. We're having an amazing season, we lost a game. It happens sometimes.

Mane came off because he looked like he was going to get sent off. He obviously wasn't happy with Salah's performance. Milner came on because he's reliably solid and losing by two goals would have been a lot worse. Yes, Alexander-Arnold didn't have a great game, it happens sometimes. Wijnaldum was Liverpool's best midfielder for me.

3 hours ago, ljkeane said:

Having said that lets calm down on the negativity. 

You must be new here. 

Klopp is a fucking moron who's lucky to get away with being a clueless jackass game after game. He'll never amount to anything.

On a more serious note, we struggle away in Europe. 

It's not a new problem. Over the past 2,5 seasons, we've been good enough at Anfield to nullify it, but it does look like one of this team's few weaknesses. We've looked out of sorts after the winter break.

I did feel like this was the worst draw for us, stylistically. I think we'd have a better time against every other team left in the competition. 

The game couldn't have played out better for Atletico. Early flukey goal followed by incredibly disciplined defending and shithousery on an artistic level, with a ref that certainly didn't do us any favours. Still, not being able to muster a shot on goal isn't good enough. A deserved win for Simeone and his subjects. 

Origi and Ox both looked very rusty when they came on, and Milner contributed nothing of note, so I'm not sure if the team selection was the issue (I guess he could've started Minamino and Keita, but he would've had criticism if they'd played and achieved the same result, so it's a bit of a Catch 22). 

It does tell you something about our stature that the Atleti players and the whole stadium were celebrating as if they'd won the final, though. 

Hopefully our Anfield mojo will see us through. Think it's going to be a slog, though. Hoping to be proved wrong.

3 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Liverpool really struggle in European away games under Klopp.  But we have time to turn it around. 

I won’t actually watch the match though.  Atletico and their shithouse tactics are just unwatchable.

Wuh?

You will watch the game, and furthermore you will enjoy it.

On a more serious note I wish Klopp would use Keita in these kinds of games, especially since he's fit and available.

Ginni,Fab and Hendo= not enough creativity in midfield.

21 minutes ago, redriver said:

Wuh?

You will watch the game, and furthermore you will enjoy it.

On a more serious note I wish Klopp would use Keita in these kinds of games, especially since he's fit and available.

Ginni,Fab and Hendo= not enough creativity in midfield.

I think Klopp likes solidity in away games.  He rarely risks much, and instead relies on goals at Anfield to clinch the tie.  Porto are probably the exception.

It’ll be an ugly game next time, with Atletico time wasting, diving and defending very deep.  Hopefully we’re sharp enough to get the win, but it could go either way.

2 hours ago, Mme Erzulie said:

It does tell you something about our stature that the Atleti players and the whole stadium were celebrating as if they'd won the final, though.

I’ve seen some our fans being weirdly salty about this. The players really weren’t celebrating excessively though lol. They just kinda were happy and started shaking our players hands. The stadium was rocking throughout. Electric atmosphere. But yeah seems weird to take the piss out of fans celebrating. 
also seen our fans blaming the ref and atletis shithousery which weren’t really even factors to how bad our performance was. Losing like 3 times in a year makes it tough to accept when it happens for some of the fanbase I guess.

7 hours ago, Mme Erzulie said:

Origi and Ox both looked very rusty when they came on

Origi looked like he does in 95% of games. Utterly clueless. That he sometimes scores an important tap-in doesn't negate the fact that he's probably the most football-dumb player in our squad.

The only times he's effective is when we get the chance to counter attack, and he gets to run into space without having to engage his brain. Bringing him on last night was a poor decision.

22 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I'm pleased my 25 1 0 team doesn't have a manager that doesn't know what he is doing. 

Right, sorry, I forgot - Klopp is infallible. I should bow down before him lest he smite me down. *YNWA* ALL HAIL JURGEN! *YNWA*

He doesn't make many mistakes but he does make some. I get the feeling that sometimes he values earnestness over ability a little too much, for one.

Archived