Football: winter break over

Iskaral Pust

Felt like a 17/18 performance 

4 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

He looks to be our signing flop under Klopp.

Extremely bad take after one less than average performance. Has looked quite good the majority of games he has played just been battling injuries.

*he also made the most tackles today

2 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Felt like a 17/18 performance 

Extremely bad take after one less than average performance. Has looked quite good the majority of games he has played just been battling injuries. 

Time will tell, but watching him does not fill me with confidence.I hope he proves me wrong.

Filthy stats, making it look like we were clearly the better team and deserved the win by a good margin.

I'm glad West Ham came out and played. It makes the game more entertaining. They were lucky to score with their first two shots on goal, though. 

We were a bit off the pace, but still just kept grinding West Ham down. They never looked likely to hold out. The belief, discipline and hunger in this team are fantastic to witness. Must be so easy/tempting to take your foot off the gas at this point.

Gini had a great game, as did Trent (although Felipe had him on toast a few times). Keita was disappointing, but I still think he'll come good. Ox looked fantastic when he came on. Pretty much all of his contributions were creative and dangerous. Shooting, passing and crossing all on point. Too many unforced giveaways all around, but I trust Klopp to iron that out. 

Some of the one-touch passing was bordering on sublime in this game. I reckon we're a week or two away from hitting our spring form, and then I don't envy any team going up against us, in Europe or at home.

What a team. What a season. Incredible to witness.

On 2/23/2020 at 2:59 AM, Iskaral Pust said:

VAR itself doesn’t have any problems, aside from frustrating delays in games.  The referees using it, OTOH, have been quite poor.

Yep, as I said in the last thread the main thing VAR has shown is actually how terrible the umpires are.  

Bayern are playing a more expansive game than at Anfield last year because Chelsea are nowhere near as good as Liverpool. They had come for a 0-0 draw and that's what they got but ended up getting schooled anyway at home.

Bayern had the better of that half. I'm wondering if it would have been better to put Kimmich at RB in this game rather than midfield. Then you could have Pavard and Boateng at CB and Alaba at LB. Right now Bayern's fullbacks are offering exactly zero going forward. 

Also, Napoli in front against Barca who have been dire. It's just been turgid rotation of the ball with no threat. 

Davies’ recovery speed is so useful in these high pressure games where the opponent sets up to counter. I can understand playing Kimmich at RB but would leave Pavard or Boateng out in that case.

Six CL goals for Gnabry this season, all in London. Some lovely interplay with Lewandowski for his two tonight.

42 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Bayern are playing a more expansive game than at Anfield last year because Chelsea are nowhere near as good as Liverpool. They had come for a 0-0 draw and that's what they got but ended up getting schooled anyway at home.

That and the difference between Kovac and Flick.

Kovac had more of defensive foundation with quick counters playing style.

Flick is back to van Gaal and Guardiola playing wise. Putting a stronger emphasis on dominance/posession.

Result is, Bayern are bit more enjoyable to watch again and creating more, while having lost a bit of solidity on the back end.

Archived