Football: winter break over

Iskaral Pust

1 minute ago, Soylent Brown said:

Jones at fault for the second. Really poor from him.

With how poor we've been since January, and now with our confidence dropping, there's a real chance we could collapse and fuck everything up.

why hasnt Klopp brought on Mo? thats what i want to know.Maybe he doesnt care much about the FA cup

That’s three losses now in our past four games, and people here were saying the Liverpool fans were being too critical.  There’s a post-break malaise in the team, and Fabinho is not at the races at all.  It seems to take him a long time to regain match sharpness. 

We’re facing CL elimination on this form.  I hope the players can snap out of it. 

8 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

That’s three losses now in our past four games, and people here were saying the Liverpool fans were being too critical.  There’s a post-break malaise in the team, and Fabinho is not at the races at all.  It seems to take him a long time to regain match sharpness. 

We’re facing CL elimination on this form.  I hope the players can snap out of it. 

I don't even think the break has played that much of a part. Results aside, we've been playing badly for over three months now. Perhaps I'm missing a game or two, but the only genuinely good performances I can think of in that time are the Leicester and Sheffield United matches.

We've scraped through so many matches by the skin of our teeth, and when there's so little overhead, any kind of dip can have a serious effect.

Honestly, I don't care about FA Cup one bit but I don't see the point of having this team play in it. Either go for the strongest team if it's important for you to go through or just continue playing with youngsters to give them experience and grow them while resting your starting players.

Having this inbetween team is just pointless. What good came out of it? Giving Lallana game time?

I was surprised that Matip didn't start this game. Since returning to training in mid January he's only played a total of one minute of football against West Ham. Maybe he's one of those players who doesn't need a stretch of games to get back into the swing of things. :dunno:

Mason Holgate signs on for five more years.

Which, I think, is good news. He has been our best CB this season (by a mile), and is the only CB blessed with pace. He can be a hot-head form time to time, but to me it seems his headless moments are further between these days. 

Could still need a better partner for him, preferably sizeable but with a little bit of speed.

Looks like Dortmund could be pulling off another coup. Reports in Germany (Bild and Ruhr Nachrichten) saying that Jude Bellingham will be joining Dortmund at the end of the season. The reports also claim that Dortmund will not pay a transfer fee but rather training compensation (just like with Sancho) although Birmingham sources dispute this claiming that Bellingham is expected to sign a pro contract with Birmingham City and the club will still be looking for a transfer fee of up to €35m. 

Eric Dier's ran into the crowd to fight one of his own supporters after their penalty loss to Norwich. Reports have it that the fan was racially abusing Gedson after his penalty miss, which makes Dier a bit of a hero in my book if that's true.

eta: seems like actually what happened is Dier's brother was copping abuse off a bloke in the crowd so Dier ran up to intervene.

Archived