Football: winter break over

Iskaral Pust

Personally, I found the Ashley Cole pretty funny. I am not on twitter, because as I have said quite a few times already, twitter is for twats.

Anyway, the Cole one is funny mainly because it's so lame. Try to imagine your dad (or an uncle) showing up at your home, stretching his head into your living room door saying: yeah, I am here now, yolo, or swag as the young people say. This tweet is pretty much the equivalent to that.

Yo Drake, it's Uncle Ashley, I am now on this so called twitter too. Yolo man.

I don't get that bed wetting either.

Liverpool just needs 9 points from their last 9 league games (assuming City wins all their remaining games). I think any neutral observer would assume that this Liverpool team is more than capable of collecting those points somewhere. As much fun as PG has yanking our resident scousers chains here, I somehow doubt he actually believes Liverpool will mess this up.

So the Manchester derby should have very little impact on the league title at this point. It's really only relevant for a top four (sorry, top five) finish. But ok, then, if you want to spend this month chainsmoking and obsessing about the EPL table, whatever floats your boat.

Eh, the title has been in the bag for Liverpool for a while. The Manchester derby has exactly zero bearing on the outcome of the title. Whatever we can get from this game is a bonus - a loss wouldn't be the end of the world either. The games against Spurs, Leicester and Sheffield United are the crucial games for us. Hopefully Everton can get something against Chelsea as well. 

I have no idea what has happened here, but this first half was atrocious. 

No-one is closing down players, no-one is making runs, no-one is tracking runners, no-one is passing to teammates...

Chelsea, if they wanted, could have been four or five up. We haven't been in the game - at all.

What can be done? No idea. 

I'd try to get Sidibé off, he really, really sucks when we defend. So the way we have been this first half, we could be playing with 10 men and no-one would notice the difference. Get Mina on. Move Digne forward as a wing back, and put Davies on the opposite back. Not ideal, but he can't be worse than Sidibé. 

Well, to be fair, he's not playing in CM. He's stuck on the wing because we can't play him centrally. 

However, we haven't got the DMs either. Gbamin is injured, Schneiderlin likewise (just as well) and Davies/Gomes are more box-to-box and QB respectively. 

Today I think we could have played the U23s and not noticed. No-one bothered anyway (apart, at times, for Richarlison and Pickford).

Given how inconsistent Chelsea's starting 11 has been, it was another solid performance, and I'm pleased that veterans like Pedro and Giroud have been able to step up when needed. It's also nice to see that there are a few promising youngsters.

One angle made it look like a penalty, but a different camera showed no contact. Otamendi is definitely a liability as always, mind.

Sterling's form hasn't been great, but he's always especially bad against certain teams. His head's just not in the game; he dithers every time he receives the ball.

Archived