US Politics - Turtles crawl, the constipation sensation that's gripping the nation.

Lykos

1 minute ago, Maithanet said:

Bloomberg is getting destroyed.  I have never seen a debate performance this bad since Rubio robot.  This is honestly uncomfortable to watch.  Bloomberg paid 400 million to let this happen?!

It's hard to understand why he chose to appear for the debate, when being the mysterious benefactor raining hundreds of millions in TV ads was working out so well for him.

Warren is not my first choice but holy shit she is on fire tonight. She never looks better than when she is going after guys like Bloomberg. Biden is a fucking ghost, Klobuchar and Pete are in a slap fight, and Bernie has done a great job weathering the attacks against him.

Lots of yelling over the stupid moderators-inquisitors.  Even talking back at them and choosing their own way -- the entire line-up.  I kinda like that, coz, you know, stupid media that thinks it knows all and is o so superior and never gets asked to the name, without prep, world leaders.  Or has to pay for health care or food or rent or education, etc.

Warren clearly has decided she has to talk a lot tonight, after the last one.  She's doing well.

I expected Bloomie to be slicker, since he does have a lot of media experience, and most certainly being interviewed, and being on stage, and supposedly is a fine debater.

But women and people of color and the record, plus, you know, always having his ass kissed and never challenged coz, you know, he's richer than anybody.

Warren is showing what she's like when she doesnt have to hold back one inch. This is what she would be like against trump. Prior to this she has been trying to be vaguely respectable, but now she has seen her enemy and she is going to obliterate him.

It's ridiculous how erased she has been from the race so far. 

Just now, Zorral said:

Lots of yelling over the stupid moderators-inquisitors.  Even talking back at them and choosing their own way -- the entire line-up.  I kinda like that, coz, you know, stupid media that thinks it knows all and is o so superior and never gets asked to the name, without prep, world leaders.  Or has to pay for health care or food or rent or education, etc.

Warren clearly has decided she has to talk a lot tonight, after the last one.  She's doing well.

I expected Bloomie to be slicker, since he does have a lot of media experience, and most certainly being interviewed, and being on stage, and supposedly is a fine debater.

But women and people of color and the record, plus, you know, always having his ass kissed and never challenged coz, you know, he's richer than anybody.

Pete kills pets because he is mad, Bloomberg does it because it is the only way he can feel.

That said on Warren - the problem is never that she was a bad debater or couldn't take trump in a debate. The problem is that it doesnt matter in the least who can debate well against trump. 

37 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Warren just eviscerated Bloomberg on live TV.

Like, she's wearing his guts for garters right now.

She has had a great night. This is the first debate I've been able to watch, and not only is she great, quite a few of those fools are woefully unprepared for the stage.

1 minute ago, Simon Steele said:

Klobuchar was awful. I haven't seen her debate before but if this was representative of past debates, how the fuck does she have momentum.

She had a really good debate before New Hampshire. She's been fair-to-middlin' in all the rest.

I'd expected Bloom to make a better showing.  OTOH, perhaps he just hasn't extensive experience of being in a situation where he doesn't control it all.  From now on all debates will be sponsored by his own Bloomberg Television studios, with the questioning done by his employees.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloomberg_Television

Hot take: Sanders ended up being the only one who went through the entire debate looking like an adult, and will likely wind up winning a plurality of the caucus going away. 

Everyone had REALLY good moments, but Sanders managed to stay out of the total bickering that the rest of them devolved into several times. Plus, Bernie has been licking his chops for his entire life, wanting to get a chance to call out a billionaire one on one, and Bloomberg teed it up for him.

Also, every single candidate but Sanders completely fumbled the contested convention question. I feel pretty safe saying that Democrats will give short-shrift to any whiff of backroom dealings in this election.

Warren was at least equally adult, I thought.  Everybody talked over everybody, though Bloomie was the quietest, certainly after he got taken to the woodshed on several issues.  Of course I don't know who talked most or least.  The NYTimes will surely tell me though, rsn.

1 minute ago, Zorral said:

Warren was at least equally adult, I thought.  Everybody talked over everybody, though Bloomie was the quietest, certainly after he got taken to the woodshed on several issues.  Of course I don't know who talked most or least.  The NYTimes will surely tell me though, rsn.

Yeah, I think Warren was the only other candidate who actually had a good debate.

Archived