Do you think winds of winter

Putin

If it ever gets released do you think Winds of winter have potential to be better book than Storm of swords which is accepted to be best ASOIAF book so far ?

Can we expect unexpected as before ? Martin promised 2 battles , more deaths , more weddings and more betrayals but is it really enough space for all that ?

14 minutes ago, Putin said:

If it ever gets released do you think Winds of winter have potential to be better book than Storm of swords which is accepted to be best ASOIAF book so far ?

Your asking two different things here

15 minutes ago, Putin said:

If it ever gets released do you think Winds of winter have potential to be better book than Storm of swords

Yes

16 minutes ago, Putin said:

be better book than Storm of swords which is accepted to be best ASOIAF book so far ?

I really doubt it.

Fandoms largely build up such high hopes for the upcoming that nothing will live up to it.

My favorite book is Dance with Dragons (close second is ASOS)

17 minutes ago, Putin said:

Can we expect unexpected as before ? 

Yes

18 minutes ago, Putin said:

Martin promised

When?

19 minutes ago, Putin said:

2 battles

Probably more

19 minutes ago, Putin said:

more deaths

Yes

20 minutes ago, Putin said:

more weddings

Probably

20 minutes ago, Putin said:

and more betrayals 

Yes

21 minutes ago, Putin said:

but is it really enough space for all that ?

Yes

10 hours ago, Putin said:

Can we expect unexpected as before ? Martin promised 2 battles , more deaths , more weddings and more betrayals but is it really enough space for all that ?

That will depend on the reader and what that particular reader would like to happen.  

I'm guessing it is going to be more like A Feast for Crows. Because GRRM is not like D&D, slaving away to make everyone happy - the viewer, the network, the actors, the author and his publishers, oh no, piss on that. 

GRRM's signature move is 'kill your darlings'.  Not just his words (although we know he rewrites a lot). Your darlings.

In AGoT he killed the main protagonist just to start the series. At the Red Wedding he destroyed the Stark cause. All the Starks that are still alive are fugitives forging Stark-free identities as wargs and bastards and such now. 

But Feast was the worst subversion of reader's expectations so far. We thought, after waiting so long, being trolled so often, that he would deliver us from the suspenseful state in which he had left Jon, and Tyrion, and Dany, didn't we? And Lady Stoneheart, wtf, yes?

For our hopes and expectations we got Brienne. Our fascinated anticipation of Dorne was answered by Arys and Hota and Arrieffinganne. Not to mention my personal least favourite part of all the books, the salt in the wounds, the condescending farrago of excuses and lies and insults to the intellectual abilities of the most dedicated admirers of his work, that he chose to title 'Chapter 46'. 

He knew when he wrote it that the pre-orders alone would put him on the NYT bestseller list the week of release, and HBO would be obliged to add another zero or two to the cheque if they wanted the TV rights. So who was sorry then?

This is not an author who cares about your expectations, except how he can subvert them in order to frustrate your most fervant hopes. All he cares about now is his art. And this is not the final book, where we finally know the whole story and can see his art and its intention as clearly as we ever will. Not by a long shot.

I'm guessing this will be his last chance to thoroughly disappoint us. So of course he will. Those new points of view you hated that he said he would never inflict on us again? They will all be back, with friends

If he is the author I think he is, Jon will stay dead, and after pointless and meandering journeys to all the places whores don't go, Tyrion will die too. And Danerys. And her dragons. The story will mostly be about new characters doing a heap of travelling and eating and world-building from new points of view nobody cares about.  The only Stark points of view will be Rickon and maybe Alayne, cloaked in a new identity, chilling out in some place far from the action.

But there will be heaps of treats for 'Arrianne fans' (which is what GRRM calls the most extraordinary creatures his fertile imagination ever spawned).

He laughs at your pain. He doesn't care how many times you throw the book at the wall in disgust and frustration. More fool you for breaking the internet in your haste to pre-order. Sucker.

I'm guessing it will be his longest so far, and in two parts, but if you think the pace will pick up in The Winds of Winter, you haven't been paying attention.  

Archived