Star Wars The Clone Wars & The Bad Batch [Spoilers]

Corvinus85

3 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

I liked the scene when she and Anakin sense each other. A good throwback to Return of the Jedi.

That was a nice connection.

I feel like I'm repeating myself from last week, but: Well done episode, but still hoping for more connection to winding up the Clone Wars (the war not the show).

On 3/28/2020 at 3:20 AM, Corvinus85 said:

hmm, maybe this Ahsoka arc isn't quite so important in the grand scheme, but I think we'll see how the Pykes get to take over the spice mines of Kessel. Maybe they'll have some help from Maul which leads Ahsoka to Maul and Mandalore.

I liked the scene when she and Anakin sense each other. A good throwback to Return of the Jedi.

Yeah this is my take too - Maul is in charge of the Pykes at this point and they'll be what leads Ahsoka to Mandalore.

• 2 weeks later...

Only because they made the choice to stretch it out week to week. If they'd done it even an arc at a time over 3 weeks the pacing would have felt much better.

But I've enjoyed it anyway at ymmv.

On 4/14/2020 at 10:02 PM, Jaxom 1974 said:

Four episodes seemed like a little much for this particular story.  It wasn't bad by any means, but if the final episodes seem rushed in any way, idiot fanbois are gonna bitch and moan...

But given that you said it was a little much for this story, wouldn't the idiotic fanbois be correct in this instance?

30 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

But given that you said it was a little much for this story, wouldn't the idiotic fanbois be correct in this instance?

Eh.  I think four episodes felt a bit stretched, but I didn't dislike any of it.  If things feel rushed later, I'll comment, but I know I'm not going to bitch and moan. 

The arc was meant to cover the gap in Ahsokas timeline while season 5 happened. It was meant to show her attempting a normal life and realising that even if she can walk away from the Jedi order, she can't walk away from the ideals she formed in it. If this had aired back when it was meant to I highly doubt we'd have these complaints, but after the extended break people just want to jump to the climax.

Also there's a slice* of the idiotic fanbois who hate it because Trace's aesthetic is queer coded and some of her interactions with Ahsoka can read as romantically coded. Even though they didn't do anything more than coded depiction, that slice will vociferously hate anything they decide is "sjw garbage".

*For the love of god please recognize I'm not saying this is the only reason to dislike it, years of build up into a low key character arc is explanation enough for most people to be disappointed. That slice is a very small minority of people disliking the arc.

My problem with the sisters is that we are forced to watch two obviously stupid and naive characters who continuously make obviously stupid decisions that get them, and the character that we are invested in, into trouble.

I think that it would be amazing to see Ahsoka track down her birth family and maybe try to fit in. Apart from Skywalkers, I don't think we ever saw a regular Jedi interacts with his/her relatives. 

It just seems a complaint that's dissonant with the rest of the clone wars series and that's what I was trying to get at with the main problem being the break. There are plenty of episodes and arcs with similar level characters, the expectations are just higher now.

3 hours ago, karaddin said:

It just seems a complaint that's dissonant with the rest of the clone wars series and that's what I was trying to get at with the main problem being the break. There are plenty of episodes and arcs with similar level characters, the expectations are just higher now.

Yeah, like I said - it's remarkable how slow Clone Wars can be, and this brought this home. I didn't think it was anything different than other arcs they've had, but it reminded me of the things I didn't like about the show quite often and made it a drag to watch from time to time. 

1 hour ago, Corvinus85 said:

Moderate binge watching is probably the way to go with this show. Go through one arc in one sitting.

Or do what I do with the new episodes: have my kids give me the 2 min summary. And if it sounds interesting I’ll watch it later. So far I’ve been skipping this arc except for the Kessel episode. 

18 hours ago, karaddin said:

The arc was meant to cover the gap in Ahsokas timeline while season 5 happened. It was meant to show her attempting a normal life and realising that even if she can walk away from the Jedi order, she can't walk away from the ideals she formed in it. If this had aired back when it was meant to I highly doubt we'd have these complaints, but after the extended break people just want to jump to the climax.

Also there's a slice* of the idiotic fanbois who hate it because Trace's aesthetic is queer coded and some of her interactions with Ahsoka can read as romantically coded. Even though they didn't do anything more than coded depiction, that slice will vociferously hate anything they decide is "sjw garbage".

*For the love of god please recognize I'm not saying this is the only reason to dislike it, years of build up into a low key character arc is explanation enough for most people to be disappointed. That slice is a very small minority of people disliking the arc.

Trace is the one who built the ship?

2 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

Trace is the one who built the ship?

Yeah, the one Ahsoka got along with. When talking aesthetic coding they're actually both queer coded but there was definitely not any vibing between Rafa and Ahsoka.

4 hours ago, karaddin said:

Yeah, the one Ahsoka got along with. When talking aesthetic coding they're actually both queer coded but there was definitely not any vibing between Rafa and Ahsoka.

Though in the long term, I think Rafa might be a better match, once she's learned to trust Ahsoka; she seems like more of an equal, while Trace is very much the kid sister.

Archived