Star Wars The Clone Wars & The Bad Batch [Spoilers]

Corvinus85

Well that episode was the best of anything Star Wars related in several years. They brought Ray Park in for mo-cap for the lightsaber fight too which is awesome. Why Filoni hasn't been put in charge just boggles the mind at times...

Was surprised at how freely she was deflecting blaster bolts back at the shooters. I guess fighting for her life didn't leave room for who they used to be.

1 hour ago, karaddin said:

Was surprised at how freely she was deflecting blaster bolts back at the shooters. I guess fighting for her life didn't leave room for who they used to be.

She didn't kill as many as she could have. She didn't kill the troopers when she freed Maul.

Just now, Corvinus85 said:

She didn't kill as many as she could have. She didn't kill the troopers when she freed Maul.

Yeah. Other than the ones that were killed by setting Maul free :p she avoided it wherever possible, but killed to save herself when needed.

I noticed that the only times where she killed clones was when she was cornered. Especially at beginning on the bridge. Even when they threatened to storm the sickbay she avoided killing deflections. The big plus is that the episode delivered an explanation to it right away apart from a main character being squirmish about killing friends: When she interrogated Rex she seemed to have deluded herself into thinking that this was an isolated incident like with the Genosian worms a while back. Heck, even her sensing a disturbance in the force she somehow only linked to Anakin, not that the entire order was being wiped out.

That was pretty cool. Not as good as last ep, but the music was super great, and the foreboding was excellent. 

Revenge of the Sith and that whole plotline really was a very good story. Pity the execution was so shit. 

17 hours ago, Toth said:

Heck, even her sensing a disturbance in the force she somehow only linked to Anakin, not that the entire order was being wiped out.

The thing with Anakin was before Order 66; by the time the rest of the Jedi started dying en masse, she was a little distracted.

I was surprised they didn't do anything with her not technically being a Jedi any more. And Maul was certainly not a Jedi! I guess the actual content of the chip programming must be "kill any Force-user who isn't Sidious", with "the Jedi are traitors and must be executed" just a cover story.

22 minutes ago, felice said:

The thing with Anakin was before Order 66; by the time the rest of the Jedi started dying en masse, she was a little distracted.

Well, I must admit I couldn't actually understand any of the mumblings of Ahsoka's vision acustically and only found out through reactions that it was not her sensing Order 66, but her sensing Anakin's fall. However then the timeline of events doesn't make all that much sense. Rex was called to the communication room to get Order 66, then Ahsoka gets a vision of Anakin's fall simultaneously. Either the force has a severely delayed reaction time or they totally ignored that there should have been quite a few minutes between Anakin's fall and Order 66.

22 minutes ago, felice said:

I was surprised they didn't do anything with her not technically being a Jedi any more. And Maul was certainly not a Jedi! I guess the actual content of the chip programming must be "kill any Force-user who isn't Sidious", with "the Jedi are traitors and must be executed" just a cover story.

Nah, I guess that's fine. For all intents and purposes Ahsoka acted in this mission as a Jedi even going as far as getting her orders from the Jedi Council. I was actually pleasantly surprised they even acknowledged the old canon of Order 66 being a failsafe against a Jedi coup after the whole chip stuff made that redundant. That they aborted their mission and went to kill Maul was indeed interesting though. Maybe because of the importance of getting rid of both Ahsoka and Maul Sidious gave Rex more specific orders? Just a guess here? I mean, he was spending that night doing 500.000 calls to clones, so there is a possibility of him changing up his orders a bit! XD

It has been debated whether or not Sidious simultaneously contacted all the clone commanders or one at a time. Given that each commander responds to him, rather than simply hear a message and react on it, it does seem that Sidious took the time to do it, or at least he did it with a few commanders, like Cody because he was with Obi-Wan and the guy who tried to kill Yoda. And maybe with Rex, too, but not only because of Ahsoka, but because of Maul being there.

Living this arc. This episode a bit slower than the last but some nice emotional punch. I wonder if they’ll throw in an Easter Egg with a Kanan cameo in the last episode. 

2 hours ago, unJon said:

Living this arc. This episode a bit slower than the last but some nice emotional punch. I wonder if they’ll throw in an Easter Egg with a Kanan cameo in the last episode. 

We already had a Kanan cameo.

11 hours ago, Toth said:

Well, I must admit I couldn't actually understand any of the mumblings of Ahsoka's vision acustically and only found out through reactions that it was not her sensing Order 66, but her sensing Anakin's fall. However then the timeline of events doesn't make all that much sense.

Yeah, that does seem like a continuity error; there's definitely no room for a time jump between Ahsoka's vision and Rex getting the order. Perhaps she's not actually sensing it in real time, but Maul is sending her a vision he experienced earlier? It does start with him opening his eyes...

Maul was expecting it and had a strong connection to Sidious, while Ahsoka's connection to Anakin and the Jedi was strained, so it's not entirely implausible that he'd sense the events clearly at the time and she wouldn't.

11 hours ago, Toth said:

Maybe because of the importance of getting rid of both Ahsoka and Maul Sidious gave Rex more specific orders? Just a guess here? I mean, he was spending that night doing 500.000 calls to clones, so there is a possibility of him changing up his orders a bit! XD

Would he have known Maul was there? I think the Order 66 calls must have been at least mostly pre-recorded, or perhaps there was a holographic mail-merge filter to personalise the name. If it's not simultaneous, there's too much risk of most of the Jedi sensing something is up before it gets to their turn.

Holy shit, that was AWESOME!

I only just watched the latest 3 episodes of the new arc and holy fucking shit there is such a huge gap with the previous ones, it's like it's not even the same show anymore.

Well, I guess it isn't. It's not the same opening, not the same music... Does Ahsoka look a bit older (taller too maybe) or is it just me?

I hadn't loved Star Wars this much for years (last time would have been in 2016 with the Vader-Ahsoka duel).

Just give Filoni the entire franchise already.

3 hours ago, felice said:

Yeah, that does seem like a continuity error; there's definitely no room for a time jump between Ahsoka's vision and Rex getting the order.

Didn't Palpatine send Order 66 immediately after Anakin pledged his allegiance to him and was sent to assault the Jedi Temple? It should have only taken a few minutes I think.

Ahsoka could be considered a Jedi (trained as such, and clearly with some loyalties remaining). Maul otoh is clearly not, and I guess we have to assume that Rex took the initiative of removing him because he was a threat to the Republic ; it's not the most satisfying explanation imho but it's the kind of odd detail I can live with.

Archived