Star Wars The Clone Wars & The Bad Batch [Spoilers]

Corvinus85

1 minute ago, Corvinus85 said:

Rex is a traitor per Order 66.

I can't get the sound to work on this laptop, but I'll take your word for it. 

I'm also curious about what @Lord Varys said about Crosshair's chip removal not making sense. I could have sworn that the imperials said they were going to "adjust" his chip in the pilot. 

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

I'm also curious about what @Lord Varys said about Crosshair's chip removal not making sense. I could have sworn that the imperials said they were going to "adjust" his chip in the pilot. 

Yeah I thought he was given a blast at full power. If it was removed, it must have been after that.

16 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

If you go back to the scene with Wrecker, Hunter foolishly tells Rex just as Wrecker's chip is activating that they let the Padawan (Caleb Dume) go. As I said before, Order 66 involved the execution without prejudice of all Jedi and all soldiers who defied the order. So at that point the rest of them became traitors in Wrecker's eyes as his chip activated. Omega is a bit weird, but there's an argument for him lumping her in with the others simply because of her association with them and/or because she is a clone.

You can make sense of it that way, although I'd add that the chips really do not work properly with the Bad Batch, so one can also assume that Wrecker was slowly driven mad by the chip which wanted him to execute a certain protocol his brain didn't really want to do.

In the same scene, Rex mentioned that there were a few cases where the chip didn't activate. It's possible that Howzer on Ryloth was such a case, but I doubt it, because protecting the Twi'leks from the injustices of the Empire does not contradict Order 66.

Yeah, that is my guess as well. The chips only were designed for Order 66 and not to turn the clones into mindless drones in the hands of the Emperor.

That said - it is very odd that Palpatine didn't do that. That he didn't use the chips to turn the clones into obedient soldiers he could continue to use after the end of the Clone War.

The idea that recruits are more loyal to the Empire is nonsense as is the idea that they are better soldiers.

The idea that the Kaminoans would resist the Empire or try to betray them also makes no sense. They sold the Republic a gigantic army and they closely worked with the Sith to eradicate the Jedi.

I would say that ultimately the inhibitor chip had the sole purpose of activating Order 66, and nothing else. The clones cannot be controlled like puppets to do other tasks, and carry out other orders. This may explain why the Empire decides to do away with the clone troopers - creating a puppet soldier may be a much more difficult task than creating them a chip that a singular function. Recruiting loyal conscripts may just be the more cost effective method to have a huge army.

I don't think that can make much sense. For one, conscripts have to be found and trained, meaning you need much more time and resources. Also, you have to build the training infrastructure. On the other hand, clones are bred soldiers who can use the same standard gear. It is much more cost effective to work with them unless the Kaminoans charge fantasy sums for each clone - which shouldn't be a problem now that the Empire is the sole super power in the galaxy.

Also, in clones you could install another fail-safe protocol like Order 66 to ensure they never turn against the Emperor or the Empire as such - that's not something you can guarantee for an army of conscripts.

3 hours ago, RumHam said:

I've thought a little bit about that. Crosshair's overture to Hunter in the season finale was reminscent of Vader trying to recruit Luke in TESB. Wrecker pretty much acted like a 'secular Sith Lord' if you will.

If they are on to something here then it might turn out that Crosshair is much more than meets the eye, i.e. perhaps a very special clone who was involved in more shady dealings connected to Sith stuff than any of the others. As such a person they could have indeed removed his chip if he was fully on their side.

There is still something going on with Nala Se. The Empire still wants to use her. She could have known Crosshair no longer had his chip and the entire thing about his reconditioning was something she did to fool the Imperials.

But I think Filoni really dropped the ball with the story here. There was potential there to keep the Kaminoans as an asset to the Empire, especially with their direct link to the Sith.

9 hours ago, Lord Varys said:

But I think Filoni really dropped the ball with the story here. There was potential there to keep the Kaminoans as an asset to the Empire, especially with their direct link to the Sith.

They're being taken off to Exodar to create Snoke.

I hope not. Plus I can't see Palpatine looking at ways to live after death so soon. I mean at this time, he's just taken control of the Jedi Temple. His time is gonna be massively focused on learning all the secrets of the force that he finds through the holocrons there. And he has to give some basic sith training to Vader too.

26 minutes ago, Ghostlydragon said:

I hope not. Plus I can't see Palpatine looking at ways to live after death so soon. I mean at this time, he's just taken control of the Jedi Temple. His time is gonna be massively focused on learning all the secrets of the force that he finds through the holocrons there. And he has to give some basic sith training to Vader too.

I just hope they include basically no references to the ST movies in anything they do now, especially not to the ridiculous Snoke character.

Hopefully we are going to see the Kaminoans again in this series. Nala Se is rather important to resolve the mystery that is Omega.

24 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

I just hope they include basically no references to the ST movies in anything they do now, especially not to the ridiculous Snoke character.

Hopefully we are going to see the Kaminoans again in this series. Nala Se is rather important to resolve the mystery that is Omega.

100%. I hated that Snoke was a rip off of Palpatine in 7 and 8 - yes the cloning was a joke and clearly not the plan before 9, and that was as ridiculously dumb.

Anything disney trilogy related needs to stay away from the 'filovreaniverse'. Mentioning order in Mandalorian is fine as the Empire were obsessed with order anyway but that needs to be it.

And I hope so too. I still hope we will get the kamino uprising from Battlefront 2 in some way still.

6 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Is there still a mystery? I thought she's just another one like Boba.

But she is, for some reason, important for Nala Se who cares for her ... and there is the question why they made a female version of Jango. At least that's a question I have ;-).

4 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

But she is, for some reason, important for Nala Se who cares for her ... and there is the question why they made a female version of Jango. At least that's a question I have ;-).

I think the reason she was important to Nala Se was because she was a potential source of new uncorrupted Jango DNA and at that time they thought they were still in the clone making buisness. I have no idea why they made her female. Other than that the plucky kid sidekick hasn't been a girl since Ahsoka.

4 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I think the reason she was important to Nala Se was because she was a potential source of new uncorrupted Jango DNA and at that time they thought they were still in the clone making buisness. I have no idea why they made her female. Other than that the plucky kid sidekick hasn't been a girl since Ahsoka.

Hopefully it will be more than that. I mean, the entire potential Crosshair plot - him being evil without a chip - might cause them to further look into Kaminoan business. At least I hope they will continue that plot since that's the only guiding thread in the entire first season.

1 hour ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

That was the season finale, right?  Very underwhelming for a season finale.

As a first season's finale, for a new spinoff show, it does seem a bit underwhelming. No antagonist to defeat etc.  

But I really liked this final arc. Sunsetting Topica City felt like the second finale to The Clone Wars series. The clones that may come from anywhere else in the Star Wars universe will never be the same as the Clones that came out of Kamino.

The snippets we got of Omega's backstory and then to see her go back for AZI-3, her childhood friend, felt genuine. I can see Omega in a distant future with a family of robotic friends. 

Archived