Is Ygritte a rapist?

Alyn Oakenfist

1 minute ago, butterweedstrover said:

I think rape is thrown around too easily. 

When I was a freshman in university they told us if you have consensual intercourse and one of the participants regrets it in the morning they can go to the dean and get that person expelled with a record of sexual misconduct or even rape. 

Then some one asked what if both of the participants felt guilty, and we were told whoever got to the deans office first gets right of victimhood. 

Absurd. On the other hand - in machist Poland obvious rapists get away with it because "she did not scream"

15 minutes ago, broken one said:

Ygritte was not threating Jon with death.

According to Polish law there are 3 means of rape: physical force, threat and deceit.

Arianne tricked him with marriage and other rubbish. BADUM tsssss! I told you, he was raped.

Anyway, Arianne's deed was much worse than Ygritte's, on any level I can think of.

Uh yes she did. . She said to Mance that they were sleeping together and she said make Ghost sleep somewhere else because Jon was using him as a shield to stop her from sleeping with him. Basically the implied threat was sleep with me or else I will tell Mance that you are not actually sleeping with me which means death. And Jon thinks he has no choice but to sleep with her.

12 minutes ago, R2D said:

Uh yes she did. . She said to Mance that they were sleeping together and she said make Ghost sleep somewhere else because Jon was using him as a shield to stop her from sleeping with him. Basically the implied threat was sleep with me or else I will tell Mance that you are not actually sleeping with me which means death. And Jon thinks he has no choice but to sleep with her.

OK now where is the threat

16 minutes ago, R2D said:

Didn't he want to do it, but his vows were stopping him?

4 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

That's irrelevant in the case. The sex wasn't physically rape, it was blackmail rape. Him wishing is irrelevant, he had no choice, there was no consent

I doubt any court would condemn her for rape - just because such things are relevant.

2 minutes ago, broken one said:

I doubt any court would condemn her for rape - just because such things are relevant.

How so. The definition of rape isn't sexual act in which one party doesn't enjoy it, it's sexual act in which one of the parties doesn't give consent. Also however much he may or may not have enjoyed it, he didn't want to.

9 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

How so. The definition of rape isn't sexual act in which one party doesn't enjoy it, it's sexual act in which one of the parties doesn't give consent. Also however much he may or may not have enjoyed it, he didn't want to.

There are as many definitions of rape as legal systems. The sex was consensual. We may discuss on how much the danger of situation influenced him but in court she would be absolved, and I am 100% sure or that. Just because of all the doubts in this case and all circumstances like victims subjective attitude towards the incident. It is more complicated than connecting two dots. 

In some systems there would be even no trial, as rape is not prosecuted by office but only privately and I doubt Jon would sue (we should ask him)

1 hour ago, butterweedstrover said:

In Saudi Arabia if you agree to marry the woman then the rape is okay.

Enough of Saudi, Poland and colleges. This is Westeros we are talking about, and most of what they do will put you away for life in our world. If not capital punishment. 

Ygritte asked Jon to let Ghost sleep elsewhere that night. And Jon knew that if he didn't sleep with her, Mance would kill him. And he really enjoyed it. It was consensual as the @broken one said. And he did it four times that night. And the cave. And so on.

No rape, ladies and gentlemen, this is my verdict. 

31 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

Enough of Saudi, Poland and colleges. This is Westeros we are talking about, and most of what they do will put you away for life in our world. If not capital punishment. 

Ygritte asked Jon to let Ghost sleep elsewhere that night. And Jon knew that if he didn't sleep with her, Mance would kill him. And he really enjoyed it. It was consensual as the @broken one said. And he did it four times that night. And the cave. And so on.

No rape, ladies and gentlemen, this is my verdict. 

lets just say if that's the case then not all rapes are created equally. 

Which means I don't judge Ygritte as much as I do Roose Bolton. 

Archived