Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Fragile Bird

US Politics: What goes up, must come down!

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Zorral said:

 -- and it seems quite likely he bought the $1500 + tix to the CBS debate last night, thus the cheers and the boos where one would not expect). 

Oh, fuck this conspiracy bullshit. Tickets were never, ever, EVER for actual sale. Let's try to actually traffic in something vaguely adjacent to facts?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Oh, fuck this conspiracy bullshit. Tickets were never, ever, EVER for actual sale. Let's try to actually traffic in something vaguely adjacent to facts?

 

https://www.vox.com/2020/2/25/21153769/south-carolina-democratic-debate-tickets

Also, those reports from yesterday and today, until just now, didn't contradict the sale price of tix.  So stop being silly and yelling at me.  I know how bloomb operates, and he did start to say last night -- I HEARD HIM, like millions did, start to say 'bought'-- and then stumbled and changed to donated.  It's in the record.  So why would he not have done this?  He's done plenty else and is still doing it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Zorral said:

https://www.vox.com/2020/2/25/21153769/south-carolina-democratic-debate-tickets

Also, those reports from yesterday and today, until just now, didn't contradict the sale price of tix.  So stop being silly and yelling at me.  I know how bloomb operates, and he did start to say last night -- I HEARD HIM, like millions did, start to say 'bought'-- and then stumbled and changed to donated.  It's in the record.  So why would he not have done this?  He's done plenty else and is still doing it.

 

So just so we're clear - despite every official saying they did not sell the tickets, the actual site saying they don't sell tickets, Bloomberg saying he didn't pay anyone to attend, and no one else claiming that they bought tickets - and with the only substantive evidence being that tickets IN GENERAL are advertised on that site, but that advertisement was taken down - you believe it was bought.

Yeah, this election is gonna go super well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question for the field:

Given my political hobbyist illness I hear lots of stuff yet I realize that something I have not seen is a state-by-state projection for Super Tuesday.  Is there one?  And is anyone like Pete or Warren but not Bernie or Biden expected to win anywhere?  Klobuchar in Humphreytown maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DMC said:

thank you.  looks bleak for almost everyone if I"m seeing it correctly.

 

The much-discussed author of the Bitecofer model has a piece at TNR (WARNING:  no longer unlimited clicks) about hate and biases being perhaps bigger factors than the past and upsetting models and stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are Trumpy and Ivanka still in India?

Shouldn't they have to be put in quarantine before being allowed back in the country?

They can sit on Air Force One till after the elections, just to be safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Are Trumpy and Ivanka still in India?

Shouldn't they have to be put in quarantine before being allowed back in the country?

They can sit on Air Force One till after the elections, just to be safe.

No, they returned hours ago, early this afternoon I think. No quarantine for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And in more of The Cruelty is the Point:

Also fucked up this just announced as Trump returns from India where there is violence being committed that is, in all likelihood, enabled by policies like this.

Edited by larrytheimp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At first you think, "oh good, Trump's a moron and he's handing the problem of the coronavirus off to an adult." Then you read that it's Mike Pence, and you wince and think, "...maybe it's better?" Then you read how Mike Pence handled other issues like HIV outbreaks and you lose all hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

At first you think, "oh good, Trump's a moron and he's handing the problem of the coronavirus off to an adult." Then you read that it's Mike Pence, and you wince and think, "...maybe it's better?" Then you read how Mike Pence handled other issues like HIV outbreaks and you lose all hope.

Don't prayers have actual healing properties?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: the title of this thread.

After shovelling snow for more than two hours, I sat down in my living room and turned on the tv. I was curious to see if the market was still falling. Down 298.

I turned on my laptop and looked up. Down 398. Maybe I misread the first one.

I opened up this thread and looked up. Down 498.

Read some notifications. Looked up. Down 609.

Right now, back to down 490.

eta: only 466 now...

Edited by Fragile Bird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fresh news:

Quote

Don't see how a court could condemn the NYT with the New York Times Co. v. Sullivan precedent.

Given that Trump says "there will be more coming" (https://www.nbcnews.com/video/trump-on-new-york-times-libel-lawsuit-there-will-be-more-coming-79504965820) seems this is just a SLAPP (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN8bJb8biZU).
I just don't get the timing though, it seems this is a weird moment to do this.

Edited by Rippounet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rippounet said:

Fresh news:

Don't see how a court could condemn the NYT with the New York Times Co. v. Sullivan precedent.

Given that Trump says "there will be more coming" (https://www.nbcnews.com/video/trump-on-new-york-times-libel-lawsuit-there-will-be-more-coming-79504965820) seems this is just a SLAPP (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN8bJb8biZU).
I just don't get the timing though, it seems this is a weird moment to do this.

He's signalling that if you talk about his sins he will slam you with a lawsuit. He's a billionaire, ya know.

Maybe this is where Bloomberg can step in with his billions. Make an announcement that he will consider defending any person being sued by Trump for libel.

Edited by Fragile Bird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Re: the title of this thread.

After shovelling snow for more than two hours, I sat down in my living room and turned on the tv. I was curious to see if the market was still falling. Down 298.

I turned on my laptop and looked up. Down 398. Maybe I misread the first one.

I opened up this thread and looked up. Down 498.

Read some notifications. Looked up. Down 609.

Right now, back to down 490.

eta: only 466 now...

Down over 600 again.

Meanwhile, Zoom, the video conferencing software company, is up 18.5% over the past week. I wonder if anyone has put together a fund yet to invest in the companies likely to benefit from widespread aversion to travel and potential quarantines. Netflix is another company that's up over the week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Rippounet said:

Fresh news:

Don't see how a court could condemn the NYT with the New York Times Co. v. Sullivan precedent.

Given that Trump says "there will be more coming" (https://www.nbcnews.com/video/trump-on-new-york-times-libel-lawsuit-there-will-be-more-coming-79504965820) seems this is just a SLAPP (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN8bJb8biZU).
I just don't get the timing though, it seems this is a weird moment to do this.

You act as though precedent actually matters anymore in a court-system continuously stacked with Trump loyalists. It doesn't. Clarence Thomas himself made the case for ignoring precedent he himself has made when it was the right thing to do-i.e when it's perfectly convenient for him and his biases.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Martell Spy said:

Don't prayers have actual healing properties?

Same as placebos.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

And in more of The Cruelty is the Point:

Also fucked up this just announced as Trump returns from India where there is violence being committed that is, in all likelihood, enabled by policies like this.

The other fraudsters bit seems as troubling as it is broad:  

Quote

U.S. v. Warsame cases, Nos. 17-cv-5023, -5024, -5025, -5027 (D. Minn.).  Successful civil denaturalizations of four individuals who fraudulently claimed to be a family to gain admission to the United States through the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

He's signalling that if you talk about his sins he will slam you with a lawsuit. He's a billionaire, ya know.

Maybe this is where Bloomberg can step in with his billions. Make an announcement that he will consider defending any person being sued by Trump for libel.

Watch out literally everyone whose ever said anything bad about him in any capacity.

He's coming for Ya.

I wonder if he’ll reignite the Law-suite against Bill Maher pursuant to whether or not Trump is the bastard of a orangutan.

Not sure if even Bloomberg has enough though to fend off all the lawsuits Trump would throw out.

Edited by Varysblackfyre321

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heh. Warren should have a weekly show where all she does is dunks on billionaires 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...