Most likeable child character?

Eternally_Theirs

2 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

This is so terrible but Sweet Robin really irks the crap out of me lol

I find Sweetrobin creepy, but that's the fault of his mother.

I have a morbid curiosity to find out whether Sansa does actually connive at his death.  

9 hours ago, SeanF said:

I find Sweetrobin creepy, but that's the fault of his mother.

I have a morbid curiosity to find out whether Sansa does actually connive at his death.  

Me too! 

2 hours ago, Hodor the Articulate said:

I dunno. I kinda respect SR for understanding everybody's waiting for him to die, given how sheltered he was. I actually want to see the little weirdo outlast everyone now.

1 hour ago, frenin said:

Sweet sweet Rob is just adorable, i can only hope he survives, but then again i ho`pe that to all the kids in the saga.

Well, I don't want him to die! LOL I just find him annoying. He really irks me. 

On 2/25/2020 at 12:15 PM, Eternally_His said:

Who is the most likeable child character in the series?

All of the top characters are children.  Tyrion is the lone exception.  The most likeable to some is the one who behaves most like a modern child.  Not to me.  I like highly intelligent children who are mature for their age.  In that regard, I love the following "child characters."

• Big Walder Frey
  • Missandei
  • Daenerys Targaryen
  • Jojen Reed
  • Ned Dayne

Gendry is okay but he's not very bright. 

Well, going by the 'under-18' definition, I'd have to say Alayaya (though by no other definition is she really a child)

Bona fide children, though:

• Shireen
  • Arya (though I may come to regret that as she grows up...)
  • Edric Storm
  • Willow
  • Gilly (still a child, despite being a mother now...)
  • Missandei

The ones I can't bring myself to love: Joffrey, Sweetrobin, Rickon Stark, Hot Pie, Lommie...  I know, I know... that's mostly on me rather than them :frown5:  Oh, and most of the Frey brats, and Margaery's cousins come across as largely vapid and entitled ....

23 hours ago, Arthur Peres said:

I really disliked Joffrey, Sansa, little Walder and big Walder.

I feel really unconfortable reading about SR, but he seems more aware than Lysa...

Joffrey, little Walder, Sansa, and Arya are all annoying to me.  Big Walder is alright.  Penny can be somewhat irritating but not to the same level as Arya.  Most of the primary characters are children.  Even the ones who don't act like it. I'm referring here to Daenerys, Gendry, Robb, Jon, etc.  This is a coming of age story after all.  

15 minutes ago, Skahaz mo Kandaq said:

Joffrey, little Walder, Sansa, and Arya are all annoying to me.  Big Walder is alright.  Penny can be somewhat irritating but not to the same level as Arya.  Most of the primary characters are children.  Even the ones who don't act like it. I'm referring here to Daenerys, Gendry, Robb, Jon, etc.  This is a coming of age story after all.  

It wasn't much of the CoA story for Sweetie.

It was probably Gregor as a kid, just don't take his toys

Seriously, I think Missandei, Rickon, Shireen and Tommen, I also like Sweet robin, he just had a bad upbringing, reminds me a little Colin Craven of "The secret garden" his portrait by amoka is heartbreaking, I do not mention people like Dany, Jon, Sam, Robb ... Because I do not consider that they are children, not in this universe, they are leading adult lives and would be considered young adults in that society.

Archived