Watch, Watched, Watching: A new thread was Justified

RedEyedGhost

19 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

^^^^Shaun!

I just watched episode 5 of The Leftovers

Reveal hidden contents

That stoning was fucking brutal. Damn. 

Also, Laurie going back to get the lighter reminded me of Arya hiding Needle.

Episode 6 is one of my favorites. Carrie Coon :wub:

6 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

I’d probably rank 1 ahead of 3, myself, but those two are close. S2 is by far the best, imo. 

I might have to do a rewatch with all this extra time on my hands...

I really need to go back and finish the leftovers, I really hated the first half of S2 and just gave up.

11 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I really need to go back and finish the leftovers, I really hated the first half of S2 and just gave up.

Damn, really? Why didn't you like the first half of S2? I think it's pretty perfect from the start but I'm curious

8 minutes ago, Raja said:

Damn, really? Why didn't you like the first half of S2? I think it's pretty perfect from the start but I'm curious

Thought the new family was weird.  I only watched the first 2 episodes and I just found it jarring.

Just now, BigFatCoward said:

Thought the new family was weird.  I only watched the first 2 episodes and I just found it jarring.

Fair enough! I think the new family was the best part of S2 but ymmv.

10 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Of course I watched Sean of the Dead as it seems wildly appropriate during these times. 

It’s been a while since I’d seen it at I have to say I liked it even more than I used to. One of the things that kinda used to get to me was that I was so heavily invested in Spaced, that I found it kind of off seeing the same actors playing slightly different roles. Nick Frost especially never quite gelled for me as I was such a fan of Mike and his character in SotD always felt a bit ‘acted’. But some time and space has allowed me to like him a lot more and get over it.

I first saw Spaced in an old movie theatre in Toronto with Edgar Wright (who was in town prepping Scott Pilgrim) periodically talking and telling stories before/between seasons, the intermission, as well at the end, in a 8 hour free marathon.  When I went upstairs to the balcony level washrooms, I saw Wright on a couch chatting with people.  I mimed what Sean does at the Winchester, raising my invisible beer stein and gave him a wink.  He laughed.

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I’m only on the second episode, but Tiger King is absolutely insane.

Damn it Tywin et al. I was coming here right now to make exactly the same post. What the fuck is this weird subculture? :lol:

Spoiler

That Carol lady creeps me out truly. She's far more intimidating than our crazy hilbilly lead or the yoga Momon or the narco... just the fact that I can give these nicknames is amazing though :bowdown:

1 hour ago, Veltigar said:

Damn it Tywin et al. I was coming here right now to make exactly the same post. What the fuck is this weird subculture? :lol:

Hide contents

That Carol lady creeps me out truly. She's far more intimidating than our crazy hilbilly lead or the yoga Momon or the narco... just the fact that I can give these nicknames is amazing though :bowdown:

Joe Exotic is awesome in a truly terrible way, Also, pretty sure Carol murdered her husband. I am going to fly through this one.

Archived