U.S. Politics: By Gawd King, That's Joe Biden's Music!!!!

Jace, Extat

1 hour ago, larrytheimp said:

Best sleeper VP pick - Jimmy Carter.  Age is just a number!

Wow, that’s one sneaky move. Have the real authentic Christian who preaches the virtues and teachings of Christ take out the guy with a wicked view of Christianity.

Nice.

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Wow, that’s one sneaky move. Have the real authentic Christian who preaches the virtues and teachings of Christ take out the guy with a wicked view of Christianity.

Nice.

Hey. I said weeks ago to pick him as the nominee. He still had a term left!

12 minutes ago, DMC said:

What universe are you from where Sanders' proposals are feasible and Biden's are not?  Seems like you must be in one where Thanos won without any time-traveling heroics.  

This is my primary beef with the "progressive left."  Don't tell me I don't care about my fellow Americans because I also recognize how policy bargaining must be conducted pragmatically and electorally.  Biden's messaging is lip service?  Sure.  So is Sanders'.  The latter has no better chance of getting what he wants achieved than Biden, so what are we really talking about?  "Maybe, perhaps, if only" moving the Overton window - rather than focusing on actually attaining power, which is the entire point of political parties btw?  :rolleyes:  You guys suck.

In a perverse way, fighting for what you can actually get, even if it’s not that much, or not as much as you’d like, is helping struggling people more than demanding everything and getting nothing. :P

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

In a perverse way, fighting for what you can actually get, even if it’s not that much, or not as much as you’d like, is helping struggling people more than demanding everything and getting nothing. :P

Huh?  I honestly don't know if you're agreeing with me, disagreeing with me, or just being a smartass.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Nice.

+ he was smart, intuitive and progressive enough to give cannabis  a chance and it cured his cancer.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Now all I can picture is Joe Biden attempting HBK’s Sweet Chin Music.

Best finishing move ever. Fight me!!!

It was a side kick... give me the Diamond Cutter any day of the week!

15 minutes ago, Rhom said:

It was a side kick... give me the Diamond Cutter any day of the week!

Michaels is my favorite wrestler ever, full stop, but if we're talking about finishers the correct answer is Austin's double-flick off then stunner.  It made more money than any other.  Suppose Taker's tombstone could argue with that, but that's just cuz of longevity since Calaway doesn't have neck problems.

At a town hall meeting on Fox News Thursday, President Donald Trump acknowledged that his administration intends to cut Social Security and Medicare.

“We — when these trade deals kick in, you know this economy is the best economy we’ve ever had. It’s nothing to what it’s going to be when the trade deals kick in,” said Trump.

Video of the town hall today where he announces this.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/trump-tells-fox-news-hes-going-after-social-security-and-medicare-well-be-cutting/

If the Dems don't hit this in every frackin' ad they are going to be responsible for killing a huge number of us.  But then, that's the point, isn't it? Genocide of the non-rich by his class.  Which is why they are so mishandling every health and safety emergency that show up.  Letting people suffer and die is the POINT, the Goal and the Objective.

Only bloomb's fear of the guillotine keeps him from going that far.  See his speech to Goldman Sachs in which he compares wealth tax with the POOR taking him off in a tumbril.

@DMC The problem with the moderates of the Democratic party isn't that they are pragmatic, it's that they bargain from an already compromised position. If we had come into the discussions about what became Obamacare with true single payer, we might have gotten a better deal than we ended up getting, but because we can't keep shitheels like Manchin in line our leverage crumbles until we end up with crumbs. Meanwhile the Republicans start basically every discussion off at the point of murdering the underclass and we have to bargain them to just slowly killing the underclass. I know this is true because when you look at the last time we achieved some real important reforms we had someone like LBJ running the show who knew when it was time to bargain and when it was time tell folks to get the fuck in line.

Obama could have been that person, he had overwhelming charisma and a vast majority in congress. Instead we we got a republican healthcare plan and now are being told to be grateful for that.

Absolute fantasy to think anything more progressive than Obama care would have been passed. They had 60 votes and Joe Lieberman personally killed the public option. It took everything to get that modest bill passed and it cost the party congress to get that little. That's politics.

36 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

it's that they bargain from an already compromised position. If we had come into the discussions about what became Obamacare with true single payer, we might have gotten a better deal than we ended up getting, but because we can't keep shitheels like Manchin in line our leverage crumbles until we end up with crumbs.

This is what I was, admittedly briefly, referring to in terms of the fantasy of moving what's generally described as (if stupidly, but my animus there is irrelevant to the discussion) the "Overton window."  Bernie's more extreme positions are not going to solve this within Congress.  It's incredibly naive to think a Sanders administration will somehow magically change how the beltway has always worked.  I guess maybe he'd push the limits more than Biden with EOs, but to prioritize that over the concern of getting elected in the first place?  Nah.  Anyway I'm rambling - I disagree with you point about Manchin as well.  If they caucus with the Dems and are mostly reliable on key votes - which Manchin has been, especially since Trump - then I don't really give a shit how much you have to dumb it down for your constituents.

57 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

I know this is true because when you look at the last time we achieved some real important reforms we had someone like LBJ running the show who knew when it was time to bargain and when it was time tell folks to get the fuck in line.

Obama could have been that person, he had overwhelming charisma and a vast majority in congress. Instead we we got a republican healthcare plan and now are being told to be grateful for that.

I think Obama achieved a pretty great thing passing the ACA, but that's just me.  Kinda sad you think that's the republican plan.  Have you seen where national republicans have been at for the past quarter century?  Because it's far and away from "Romney-care."  

Anyway, the "LBJ treatment" is no longer a factor in contemporary interbranch relations.  He employed intimidation styles that nowadays fellow MCs would just be like "uh, dude, wtf are you doing?"

15 minutes ago, DMC said:

This is what I was, admittedly briefly, referring to in terms of the fantasy of moving what's generally described as (if stupidly, but my animus there is irrelevant to the discussion) the "Overton window."  Bernie's more extreme positions are not going to solve this within Congress.  It's incredibly naive to think a Sanders administration will somehow magically change how the beltway has always worked.  I guess maybe he'd push the limits more than Biden with EOs, but to prioritize that over the concern of getting elected in the first place?  Nah.  Anyway I'm rambling - I disagree with you point about Manchin as well.  If they caucus with the Dems and are mostly reliable on key votes - which Manchin has been, especially since Trump - then I don't really give a shit how much you have to dumb it down for your constituents.

I think Obama achieved a pretty great thing passing the ACA, but that's just me.  Kinda sad you think that's the republican plan.  Have you seen where national republicans have been at for the past quarter century?  Because it's far and away from "Romney-care."  

Anyway, the "LBJ treatment" is no longer a factor in contemporary interbranch relations.  He employed intimidation styles that nowadays fellow MCs would just be like "uh, dude, wtf are you doing?"

Obamacare is a big fucking deal. And if you think different then you are comparing the U.S. to other more rational countries or you've just never had to deal much with the pre-Obamacare healthcare system in the U.S. I literally had my employment health insurance taken away from me under the old system. Something that was literally part of my earnings. I was told I could use the insurance for anything that wasn't actually part of my serious health problem.

17 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Obamacare is a big fucking deal. And if you think different then you are comparing the U.S. to other more rational countries or you've just never had to deal much with the pre-Obamacare healthcare system in the U.S. I literally had my employment health insurance taken away from me under the old system. Something that was literally part of my earnings. I was told I could use the insurance for anything that wasn't actually part of my serious health problem.

Or if you dislike Obamacare it might be because you have to take a weekly injection so you can do things like walk and lift a grocery bag, and even with your amazing health insurance it still costs 300 a month for your injections (with a 600 dollar monthly premium deducted from your check). I mean you could hate it because of something like that.

Archived