Which scenes from the books would you most like to have art for?

Nagini's Neville

I plan to make some drawings/ art of strictly book scenes or maybe also some landscapes/castles/battles etc. (but preferably with characters as well, of events, that actually happened in universe) and wanted to ask, which scenes from the books would you like to have art for and how exactly should it look? Which angle ? How should the characters look? (what are all the important little details, that were different in the show for example or are just in you imagination-would really like to hear about how you imagine things!) For example "the scene, when character x says sentence x". The more precise you can be, the more details the better! (especially when it's very different from how the show depicted it) 

Which characters in your opinion are not depicted enough in art yet?

Thanks so much! And if this is the wrong forum for this, please someone tell me

1 minute ago, Nagini's Neville said:

In which scene? How do you picture her beyond GRRM's description and beyond "beautiful"? :D

Maybe the scene when Jon sends her on horse to find Tormund. Martin described her as really beautiful , blonde , good hips and breasts. So in my mind she is perfect ,she doesn´t appear on show which could possibly ruin my image of her ( if actress is not beautiful enough).

1 minute ago, Putin said:

Maybe the scene when Jon sends her on horse to find Tormund. Martin described her as really beautiful , blonde , good hips and breasts. So in my mind she is perfect ,she doesn´t appear on show which could possibly ruin my image of her ( if actress is not beautiful enough).

Thanks! She's a great suggestion :) I certainly won't draw her perfect, because perfect ppl don't exist and I don't want her to look like a barbie or a cartoon. That's a great scene though, will consider it!

-Tyrion playing Cyvass with fAegon on the boat would be cool. Perhaps the moment where fAegon gets frustrated and tosses/flips the board. JonCon and Lemore's expressions would be fun along with Tyrion's smug reaction.

-The moment Quentyn realizes he's being burned alive trying to tame a dragon.

-Jon being stabbed in the "For the Watch" scene with Wun Wun standing by all bloody from bashing that dude. 

5 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

Thanks! She's a great suggestion :) I certainly won't draw her perfect, because perfect ppl don't exist and I don't want her to look like a barbie or a cartoon. That's a great scene though, will consider it!

Of course they do Tywin , Margaery , Stannis , Jaime  all those actors were perfect (in my opinion) .

1 minute ago, Putin said:

Of course they do Tywin , Margaery , Stannis , Jaime  all those actors were perfect (in my opinion) .

you think they all look perfect or perfect for the characters ? I agree with Stannis and Tywin (I imagine him differently, but he's pretty great Tywin), but Jaime and Margaery I imagined very differently. But they all look "human" and that's how I will draw Val. 

18 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I would LOVE the scene where Gendry first finds out Arya is a girl & keeps calling her m'lady until she shoves him down. 

OMG yes- perfect scene! :D also love the scene, when he tells her to make an animal sound, when she needs help and she's just "that's stupid, I'll just call help!" or something like that. 

You have a vision, from what angle you would like to see the scene? how do Arya and Gendry look? Gendry black hair of course. I think Gendry has to be already pushed to the ground in that scene :D Is Arya barefoot? I mean I have to read it again, before I draw it of course. I think I'll make Arya quite a bit smaller, than she was in the show- she is only ten here after all and she is supposed to be scrawny (hope thatS the right word)

Edit: for that scene a cartoon, would actually be perfect. Would also love do draw something regarding her wolf dreams, maybe the scene, when she drags Cat out of the water and when Sandor tries to talk to her about mom and she just says “It doesn’t matter,” Arya said in a dull voice. “I know she’s dead. I saw her in a dream.” such a heartbreaking, emotional scene

24 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

you think they all look perfect or perfect for the characters ? I agree with Stannis and Tywin (I imagine him differently, but he's pretty great Tywin), but Jaime and Margaery I imagined very differently. But they all look "human" and that's how I will draw Val. 

Perfect for the characters , how they play them and close enough to their book descriptions.Margery is described as beautiful and I find show version beautiful too , together with doing good acting job.

Of course they look human I never imagined Val or any other character as some barbie or comic books like characters.

46 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

I think, I'm going to paint the peach scene. @Peach King any specific suggestions?

Renly's hand slid inside his cloak. Stannis saw, and reached at once for the hilt of his sword, but before he could draw steel his brother produced . . . a peach.

Also present with Renly was Cat and Brienne the Blue holding Renlys flag. Opposite them with Stannis was Meli holding their sigil.

But thats too fun and uplifting for me. 

Sansa crawled from the Moon Door on hands and knees and wrapped her arms around the nearest pillar. She could feel her heart pounding. There was snow in her hair and her right shoe was missing. It must have fallen. She shuddered, and hugged the pillar tighter.

Something about her snowy hair while shes clutching the pillar always stuck with me. 

But if you really wanna get all nice and morbid

Tyrion slid a hand under his father's chain, and twisted. The links tightened, digging into her neck. "For hands of gold are always cold, but a woman's hands are warm," he said. He gave cold hands another twist as the warm ones beat away his tears.

Ive imagined Tyrions face a few times in this scene. His black and green eyes, barley visible underneath the tears that show the reflection of a struggling and terrified Shae. 

12 minutes ago, Putin said:

You forget Bobby B, Tyrion, Varys, Littlefinger, Oberyn, Sandor, Kevan, Olenna, Barristan and Theon. I know a lot of these characters were butchered but that was on the count of Dumb&Dumber not the actors which were perfect.

52 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

The more precise you can be, the more details the better! (especially when it's very different from how the show depicted it) 

Which characters in your opinion are not depicted enough in art yet?

Thanks so much! And if this is the wrong forum for this, please someone tell me

I think showing the battle of Fair Isle would be incredibly cool, as naval battle is often ignored. You could make it be seen from either Stannis's or Victarion's POV as the Ironborn are trapped between the Royal and Redwyne fleet. However if you want an actual scene from the books I'd say the bridge standoff during the Rogare incident in F&B or Kevan's death at the end of ADWD (with Pycelle in there to show the parallels to Aegon's and Rhaenys's deaths)

- Bloodraven w/ his loyal Raven’s Teeth (weirwood longbows included, obviously), ranging north of the Wall. 

- Dunk giving Aerion Brighflame the beating he so badly deserved.

- Jon finding Ghost, the 6th direwolf pup.

- Sansa praying in the godswood in KL.

- Arya and Jaqen, when she names the 3rd person he must kill.

- Bran, Summer, Meera, Hodor and Jojen meeting Coldhands and his elk.

- Dany dracarying the slaver who wanted Drogon.

- Jon chopping Slimy Slynt’s head right off.

- Ned cleaning Ice in the godswood by the heart tree.

- Jaime and Brienne in Jaime’s dream where they’re in the bowels of CR.

That’s it. For now! :D

4 minutes ago, Putin said:

Perfect for the characters , how they play them and close enough to their book descriptions.Margery is described as beautiful and I find show version beautiful too , together with doing good acting job.

Of course they look human I never imagined Val or any other character as some barbie.

Not to take offense - didn't believe you'd answer me anyway tbh. Was more thinking out loud. Of course, I'll try to draw Val beautiful, since that's how she is described!

2 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

Not to take offense - didn't believe you'd answer me anyway tbh. Was more thinking out loud. Of course, I'll try to draw Val beautiful, since that's how she is described!

No offense taken 

6 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

- Jon finding Ghost, the 6th direwolf pup.

Arya and Jaqen, when she names the 3rd person he must kill.

Dany dracarying the slaver who wanted Drogon.

Jon chopping Slimy Slynt’s head right off.

Ned cleaning Ice in the godswood by the heart tree.

To be fair these are already pretty well done in the show and @Nagini's Neville said he wanted something different from the show.

Bloodraven w/ his loyal Raven’s Teeth (weirwood longbows included, obviously), ranging north of the Wall. 

How about them raining arrows on the Blackfyres?

You could show Blooraven looking at the battlefield with the larger Blackfyre host closing in for the kill and with the archer company having just released their first volley towards the enemy host.

9 minutes ago, frenin said:

The scene Mya tells Sansa how it was when Robert was around and how it felt when he left.

One of my most favorite scenes and favorite little speeches! Thanks!

“I remember a man throwing me in the air when I was very little. He stands as tall as the sky, and he throws me up so high it feels as though I’m flying. We’re both laughing, laughing so much that I can hardly catch a breath, and finally I laugh so hard I wet myself, but that only makes him laugh the louder. I was never afraid when he was throwing me. I knew that he would always be there to catch me.” She pushed her hair back. “Then one day he wasn’t. Men come and go. They lie, or die, or leave you. A mountain is not a man, though, and a stone is a mountain’s daughter. I trust my father, and I trust my mules. I won’t fall.”

Archived