Which scenes from the books would you most like to have art for?

Nagini's Neville

8 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

You forget Bobby B, Tyrion, Varys, Littlefinger, Oberyn, Sandor, Kevan, Olenna, Barristan and Theon. I know a lot of these characters were butchered but that was on the count of Dumb&Dumber not the actors which were perfect.

I think showing the battle of Fair Isle would be incredibly cool, as naval battle is often ignored. You could make it be seen from either Stannis's or Victarion's POV as the Ironborn are trapped between the Royal and Redwyne fleet. However if you want an actual scene from the books I'd say the bridge standoff during the Rogare incident in F&B or Kevan's death at the end of ADWD (with Pycelle in there to show the parallels to Aegon's and Rhaenys's deaths)

I disagree with Tyrion in show he is just perfect in books he is POV character so we have his monologue and we know what type of pearson he really , he is not that good like in show. But yes actor did amazing job no doubt about it.

I agree with the rest .

2 minutes ago, Putin said:

I disagree with Tyrion in show he is just perfect in books he is POV character so we have his monologue and we know what type of pearson he really , he is not that good like in show. But yes actor did amazing job no doubt about it.

I agree with the rest .

Oh I completely agree with you. Especially after the book ASOS show Tyrion becomes way too nice and then downright stupid. I was talking about the casting not the show character here. Same with Varys. However let's not derail this topic too much, especially given how nice it is.

16 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

Also present with Renly was Cat and Brienne the Blue holding Renlys flag. Opposite them with Stannis was Meli holding their sigil.

But thats too fun and uplifting for me. 

Something about her snowy hair while shes clutching the pillar always stuck with me. 

Great! But that Sansa scene is too emotional for me. Maybe I draw this 

When she opened the door to the garden, it was so lovely that she held her breath, unwilling to disturb such perfect beauty. The snow drifted down and down, all in ghostly silence, and lay thick and unbroken on the ground. All color had fled the world outside. It was a place of whites and blacks and greys. White towers and white snow and white statues, black shadows and black trees, the dark grey sky above. A pure world, Sansa thought. I do not belong here. Yet she stepped out all the same. Her boots tore ankle-deep holes into the smooth white surface of the snow, yet made no sound. Sansa drifted past frosted shrubs and thin dark trees, and wondered if she were still dreaming. Drifting snowflakes brushed her face as light as lover’s kisses, and melted on her cheeks. At the center of the garden, beside the statue of the weeping woman that lay broken and half-buried on the ground, she turned her face up to the sky and closed her eyes. She could feel the snow on her lashes, taste it on her lips. It was the taste of Winterfell. The taste of innocence. The taste of dreams. When Sansa opened her eyes again, she was on her knees. She did not remember falling. It seemed to her that the sky was a lighter shade of grey. Dawn, she thought. Another day. Another new day. It was the old days she hungered for. Prayed for. But who could she pray to? The garden had been meant for a godswood once, she knew, but the soil was too thin and stony for a weirwood to take root. A godswood without gods, as empty as me.

A Storm of Swords 

23 minutes ago, Hugorfonics said:

But if you really wanna get all nice and morbid

Tyrion slid a hand under his father's chain, and twisted. The links tightened, digging into her neck. "For hands of gold are always cold, but a woman's hands are warm," he said. He gave cold hands another twist as the warm ones beat away his tears.

Ive imagined Tyrions face a few times in this scene. His black and green eyes, barley visible underneath the tears that show the reflection of a struggling and terrified Shae. 

haha I won't draw this-you know me :P but most definitely wanna draw Tyrion. Maybe in battle

19 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

You forget Bobby B, Tyrion, Varys, Littlefinger, Oberyn, Sandor, Kevan, Olenna, Barristan and Theon. I know a lot of these characters were butchered but that was on the count of Dumb&Dumber not the actors which were perfect.

A little  of topic but.

Robert and Oberyn are far better portrayed in the show. People's opinions  of the show are heavily biased for the curve of quality but they were awesome until they ran  out of material.

26 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Bobby B is too short, he is a really tall man and needs black heir and tbh honest I imagined them all much younger looking- he is just 34/35 in the books, but the actor played Bobby very well. Tyrion- just nahh-looks nothing like in the books and that's very important for his character, but than his character is also different- so I guess it doesn't matter. LF not little enough and he also acts way too suspicious- he was supposed to be a con- man, show LF is too much of an moustache twirling villain for me. BookSandor has dark hair and half of his face and head is completely burned (very important for his character as well), he is muscled like a bull-he needs to look like someone, you'd be instantly afraid of (especially with a medieval mindset) Olenna needs to look like the wizened white-haired doll of a woman- needs to be smaller- and don't think I'd give her the weird hair thing. But must google how elderly Ladys in the Middle Ages dressed

54 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I think showing the battle of Fair Isle would be incredibly cool, as naval battle is often ignored. You could make it be seen from either Stannis's or Victarion's POV as the Ironborn are trapped between the Royal and Redwyne fleet. However if you want an actual scene from the books I'd say the bridge standoff during the Rogare incident in F&B or Kevan's death at the end of ADWD (with Pycelle in there to show the parallels to Aegon's and Rhaenys's deaths)

really great suggestions! very ambitious, but would love to draw a naval battle - love those kind of pictures too and wanted to paint/draw Stannis anyway. I don't like Vic, so I guess, I'll do it from Stannis' perspective.

Ahh Kevan's death is super emotional! 

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

- Bloodraven w/ his loyal Raven’s Teeth (weirwood longbows included, obviously), ranging north of the Wall. 

ambitious- but YES! :D

- Dunk giving Aerion Brighflame the beating he so badly deserved.

:blushing:

- Jon finding Ghost, the 6th direwolf pup.

iconic- how do you imagine Jon? in addition to his description. Angle? Him alone in the picture? the others nearby?

- Sansa praying in the godswood in KL.

ahh too emotional Lol

- Arya and Jaqen, when she names the 3rd person he must kill.

oh so emotional- but okay

- Bran, Summer, Meera, Hodor and Jojen meeting Coldhands and his elk.

Great! Thanks! Absolutely iconic!

- Dany dracarying the slaver who wanted Drogon.

Ohh, also so emotional and for some reason, I'm very afraid to draw Dany and... a Dragon lol

- Jon chopping Slimy Slynt’s head right off.

you guys are all so bloodthirsty lol- Don't think I'll paint a scene, where someone is killed. However maybe a "struggle beforehand" cartoon- with "Edd, fetch me a block"- that would be fun. Also thought about the moment Cat discovering, that Bolton is wearing a mail.

- Ned cleaning Ice in the godswood by the heart tree.

OMG since someone said "all steal is dicks" I can't handle that scene anymore :lol: ( Can a man please just have a moment alone to masturbate in front of his gods, seven hells- is that too much to ask?)

- Jaime and Brienne in Jaime’s dream where they’re in the bowels of CR.

Yes, yes- great scene! 

1 hour ago, Nagini's Neville said:

OMG yes- perfect scene! :D also love the scene, when he tells her to make an animal sound, when she needs help and she's just "that's stupid, I'll just call help!" or something like that. 

You have a vision, from what angle you would like to see the scene? how do Arya and Gendry look? Gendry black hair of course. I think Gendry has to be already pushed to the ground in that scene :D Is Arya barefoot? I mean I have to read it again, before I draw it of course. I think I'll make Arya quite a bit smaller, than she was in the show- she is only ten here after all and she is supposed to be scrawny (hope thatS the right word)

Edit: for that scene a cartoon, would actually be perfect. Would also love do draw something regarding her wolf dreams, maybe the scene, when she drags Cat out of the water and when Sandor tries to talk to her about mom and she just says “It doesn’t matter,” Arya said in a dull voice. “I know she’s dead. I saw her in a dream.” such a heartbreaking, emotional scene

I agree with everything you said. Arya smaller, skinnier, & a longer face! I can't remember if she is barefoot or not but I'll reread it :)

19 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

ambitious- but YES! :D

Please. Pretty please? If I have to pick just one, this is it. (And all the others lol)

The haunted forest, Bloodraven and a retinue of RT w/ their weirwood longbows, gorgeous. I’ll print tees and send you one! :wub:

iconic- how do you imagine Jon? in addition to his description. Angle? Him alone in the picture? the others nearby?

Just him. Trees, snow, but not much - summer snows - a horse nearby and ?Jon kneeling and lifting the fluffy pup, all white w/ red eyes - coz Ghost’s eyes were open already. That bond... gorgeous. 

ahh too emotional Lol

But sooooooooo beautiful and delicate and deep...

oh so emotional- but okay

They’re all emotional! So many scenes are deeply emotional! But drawing/painting, as writing, and well, art in general, is all about emotion! 

Great! Thanks! Absolutely iconic!

Yes! Bran and co puzzled and in awe, Coldhands cool as a cucumber. And the elk is gorgeous and majestic. (Not instructions, just my head canon! :D )

Ohh, also so emotional and for some reason, I'm very afraid to draw Dany and... a Dragon lol

It’s a great scene... first time I read it I was, “nooooo Dany, don’t do it, don’t give Drogon to this piece of shit arsehole!”. My heart was so heavy... and when she goes, “dracrays”, it was awesome. 

you guys are all so bloodthirsty lol- Don't think I'll paint a scene, where someone is killed. However maybe a "struggle beforehand" cartoon- with "Edd, fetch me a block"- that would be fun.

Bloodthirsty, me???? LOL (guilty as charged, but only where it concerns PoS knobs. But defo, “Edd, fetch me a block” would make me very happy. :)

Also thought about the moment Cat discovering, that Bolton is wearing a mail.

Oh definitely!!!! 

OMG since someone said "all steal is dicks" I can't handle that scene anymore :lol: ( Can a man please just have a moment alone to masturbate in front of his gods, seven hells- is that too much to ask?)

Hmmm. Sometimes a cigar sword is just a sword. 

Yes, yes- great scene! 

Defo! Maybe w/ the ghosts of Rhaegar and the KG approaching but not quite perfectly visible yet? :dunno:

2 hours ago, Nagini's Neville said:

I think, I'm going to paint the peach scene. @Peach King any specific suggestions?

Oh wow thanks for asking me ^_^ If you're going to draw the peach scene all I would ask is that you draw Book Renly since nice art of him is rather lacking. Oh and a frustrated Catelyn in the background would be a nice touch. 

But that Sansa scene is too emotional for me.

Word. All my favorite Sansa scenes are emotional lol

When she opened the door to the garden, it was so lovely that she held her breath, unwilling to disturb such perfect beauty. The snow drifted down and down, all in ghostly silence, and lay thick and unbroken on the ground. All color had fled the world outside. It was a place of whites and blacks and greys. White towers and white snow and white statues, black shadows and black trees, the dark grey sky above. A pure world, Sansa thought. I do not belong here. Yet she stepped out all the same. Her boots tore ankle-deep holes into the smooth white surface of the snow, yet made no sound. Sansa drifted past frosted shrubs and thin dark trees, and wondered if she were still dreaming. Drifting snowflakes brushed her face as light as lover’s kisses, and melted on her cheeks. At the center of the garden, beside the statue of the weeping woman that lay broken and half-buried on the ground, she turned her face up to the sky and closed her eyes. She could feel the snow on her lashes, taste it on her lips. It was the taste of Winterfell. The taste of innocence. The taste of dreams. When Sansa opened her eyes again, she was on her knees. She did not remember falling. It seemed to her that the sky was a lighter shade of grey. Dawn, she thought. Another day. Another new day. It was the old days she hungered for. Prayed for. But who could she pray to? The garden had been meant for a godswood once, she knew, but the soil was too thin and stony for a weirwood to take root. A godswood without gods, as empty as me.

Thats really picturesque and beautiful. Pretty depressing too, which is a good thing lol. Good luck!

haha I won't draw this-you know me :P 

Lol. A man can dream

but most definitely wanna draw Tyrion. Maybe in battle

Idk. Tyrion the hero in battle is kinda iconic, but Brienne or Jaime, maybe Robb and Greywind would be iconic too. (Woah. Jaime in chains vs Brienne in the lake being watched by the Brave Companions!)

Tyrion, hes gotta be, imo, drawn post acok. That monstrosity gotta shine, which is why I was thinking of him at his worst moment. But I totally understand why you wouldn't want to lol.

I like the scene where he first met Illyrio, the small man on his knees, the fat man covered in jewellery smiling down. 

Also him on the IT, cleaning his nails with the swords that killed Maegor, looking down at court. Its not post acok though, but its so cool

46 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

smh. Really? Yo, its mad good!! And you want beautiful pictures? What!

Dragons or drsgonflies? Just a knight chilling by a tree looking at dragonflies is so iconic!

Next book, taking a lock of thick red hair (I thought it silly, but itd look cool) from the freckled lady he towers over

Or lastly the giant and John sitting on a roof, howling at the gods

4 hours ago, Nagini's Neville said:

I plan to make some drawings/ art of strictly book scenes or maybe also some landscapes/castles/battles etc. (but preferably with characters as well, of events, that actually happened in universe) and wanted to ask, which scenes from the books would you like to have art for and how exactly should it look? Which angle ? How should the characters look? (what are all the important little details, that were different in the show for example or are just in you imagination-would really like to hear about how you imagine things!) For example "the scene, when character x says sentence x". The more precise you can be, the more details the better! (especially when it's very different from how the show depicted it) 

Which characters in your opinion are not depicted enough in art yet?

Thanks so much! And if this is the wrong forum for this, please someone tell me

The very best scene in the series is the hatching of the dragons.  That scene when Daenerys walked into the fire and hatched her dragons.  

As Daenerys Targaryen rose to her feet, her black hissed, pale smoke venting from its mouth and nostrils, the other two pulled away from her breasts and added their voices to the call, translucent wings unfolding and stirring the air, and for the first time in a hundred years, the night came alive with the music of dragons. 

I think the breakfast scene in the Eyrie would be a lot of fun, when the poor septon maester gets smacked with a bowl of oatmeal porridge and Sansa is about at her wits' end, and even Littlefinger seems like Sweetrobin might drive him to actually raise his voice. I can totally see this scene in Norman Rockwell style.

On 3/6/2020 at 1:43 PM, Nagini's Neville said:

I plan to make some drawings/ art of strictly book scenes or maybe also some landscapes/castles/battles etc. (but preferably with characters as well, of events, that actually happened in universe) and wanted to ask, which scenes from the books would you like to have art for and how exactly should it look? Which angle ? How should the characters look? (what are all the important little details, that were different in the show for example or are just in you imagination-would really like to hear about how you imagine things!) For example "the scene, when character x says sentence x". The more precise you can be, the more details the better! (especially when it's very different from how the show depicted it) 

Which characters in your opinion are not depicted enough in art yet?

Thanks so much! And if this is the wrong forum for this, please someone tell me

I hope you don’t draw the show characters or use their likeness in your drawings. The best drawings have been in the world book, the anniversary books and Fire&Blood. I like when people draw these characters from their own ideas of them and the book description. 

9 hours ago, The Wolves said:

I hope you don’t draw the show characters or use their likeness in your drawings. The best drawings have been in the world book, the anniversary books and Fire&Blood. I like when people draw these characters from their own ideas of them and the book description. 

No absolutely not. Book descriptions and my imagination only. And the characters look very different in my imagination. It helps, that I only ever watched scenes from the show. That's why I'm looking for additional inspiration from book readers. I'm also kinda sad about the fact, that most art is show related. 

Archived