MCUniverse Thread: Visualizing WandaVision

A True Kaniggit

19 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Tatiana Maslany cast as She-Hulk.

She was my preference when i thought about it a few weeks ago.  Just yesterday was thinking "You know, Tat does look like she could be Mark Ruffalo's cousin."

I'm so happy with this.  Clone SMASH!!!!

Pfft. He's like a 7 on a good day and I've been told she's a 10.

Tatiana Maslany is an awesome actress. I just hope they keep her as She Hulk all the time, like in the comics and don't simply make her a Savage She Hulk. I also hope they don't use CGI for her transformation and simply use makeup and paint, like in Star Trek.

1 hour ago, sifth said:

I just hope they keep her as She Hulk all the time, like in the comics and don't simply make her a Savage She Hulk. I also hope they don't use CGI for her transformation and simply use makeup and paint, like in Star Trek.

I doubt it.  No actor is going to want to be CGI all the time unless it's for a non-human character like Gollum, Groot, Rocket or an animal in the Jungle Book or Lion King where it's required.  Makeup and paint will not give her the size and muscle to be taken seriously as She-Hulk.    She'll probably be puny Jennifer Walters half the time.  They could add a factor in where it's like she has to build up enough dopamine or whatever to be able to hold the form of She-Hulk for any period of time.

She-Hulk isn't supposed to look like a normal human. She's supposed to be, well, kind of huge. Not quite as big as Hulk, but there's supposed to be a transformation. Gamora doesn't transform into Gamora-pink. 

3 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Most depictions of She Hulk I’ve seen show her as a athletic woman, unlike the Hulk who is usually unrealistically huge. I seem to recall She Hulk being tall but nothing else unrealistic that would need CGI.

She's like 6'6" and very muscled. She could be played by a very strong bodybuilder who's also super tall. It's not going to be making Maslany in green makeup though, unless she both absurdly bulks up AND gets incredibly taller somehow.

Plus that kind of belies the other point - Jennifer Walters is not swole and huge. You can't really do it both ways unless you're paying Maslany to do a crazy amount of cutting. Either way you'll need CGI. 

11 minutes ago, Kalibear said:

She's like 6'6" and very muscled. She could be played by a very strong bodybuilder who's also super tall. It's not going to be making Maslany in green makeup though, unless she both absurdly bulks up AND gets incredibly taller somehow.

Plus that kind of belies the other point - Jennifer Walters is not swole and huge. You can't really do it both ways unless you're paying Maslany to do a crazy amount of cutting. Either way you'll need CGI. 

You can make her muscular with a body suit, pretty standard for super heroes. Paint it up green and you’re done.

The height is an issue if she’s only 5’4. But good camera angles, some boots and big hair and maybe she can pass that test 

1 hour ago, Kalibear said:

Reeeeally depends on who's drawing her. 6'6 yes that tends to be the case.

Very muscled? Well in most cases she is just athletic. Since the 2000s the muscular look became more common, but usually she is built more like a supermodel than a bodybuilder or even a fitness model.

32 minutes ago, Kalibear said:

She-Hulk isn't supposed to look like a normal human. She's supposed to be, well, kind of huge. Not quite as big as Hulk, but there's supposed to be a transformation. Gamora doesn't transform into Gamora-pink. 

Oh. I'm really not familiar with the character beyond the trading cards I used to have as a kid. I don't think I ever read a comic with her in it. I didn't think she transformed I thought she was always just green and strong, but otherwise normal looking.

https://www.tcdb.com/ViewCard.cfm/sid/74396/cid/5316367/1990-Impel-Marvel-Universe-39-She-Hulk

Is basically where my knowledge of the character comes from. 

Also, the notion of She Hulk wearing a body suit that covers her up is pretty against her view too. That would be a pretty drastic change in costume. She almost always has her arms revealed, and depending on other art will have a whole lot more. 

Archived