MCUniverse Thread: Visualizing WandaVision

A True Kaniggit

Out of all of the MCU shows, they're making for Disney+, this is the one I'm most interested in. For the first time in ages it feels like Marvel is trying something different and actually taking a risk.

Plus the Vision comic, where he starts a family is really good, which I'm going to assume this is heavily going to be influenced from.

So originally it was going to be Falcon and the Winter Solider and then Wandavision. Now it's Wandavision in December and Falcon next year. I wonder if that's because Wandavision filmed quicker and was in the can before Covid shut things down, or because there's something in Falcon and The Winter Solider that works better if we've seen Black Widow. 

1 hour ago, sifth said:

Out of all of the MCU shows, they're making for Disney+, this is the one I'm most interested in. For the first time in ages it feels like Marvel is trying something different and actually taking a risk.

Plus the Vision comic, where he starts a family is really good, which I'm going to assume this is heavily going to be influenced from.

I assumed the Vision comic plays into it some, but I also was under the impression the 80s Vision and Scarlet Witch series was a primary influence also.

5 hours ago, Vaughn said:

I never knew Kitty was married before she was with Red.

She did have those triplets with Giovanni Ribisi/Phoebe's brother.

And man, yeah, that trailer is..very intriguing.  Still, it seems so out there that there's a good chance it could be a mess.

I believe the primary influence on WandaVision is the House of M storyline from the comics. There's a couple of direct nods to it in the trailer.

9 hours ago, RumHam said:

So originally it was going to be Falcon and the Winter Solider and then Wandavision. Now it's Wandavision in December and Falcon next year. I wonder if that's because Wandavision filmed quicker and was in the can before Covid shut things down, or because there's something in Falcon and The Winter Solider that works better if we've seen Black Widow. 

Falcon and the Winter Soldier is mostly done - about 85-90% I believe - but had two of their late shooting legs interrupted, one in Prague and one back in the States. They've been able to shoot the Prague leg but they haven't been able to do the final leg back in the States yet, so Disney decided to push it back.

WandaVision was shot almost entirely on one soundstage just before the pandemic began (I believe they even began shooting after FatWS but wrapped before them as well) and was ready to roll, so why not?

The big problem isn't the relationship between Black Widow/Falcon/Wanda (there probably isn't much there), but the issue is going to be how Wanda ties in with Dr. Strange 2, which I don't believe has started shooting yet and was supposed to have been in the can already. The release date was far enough out that it might not matter too much but if the pandemic forces shooting to be aborted again, Phase 4 could still getting really out of synch.

22 minutes ago, Werthead said:

The big problem isn't the relationship between Black Widow/Falcon/Wanda (there probably isn't much there), but the issue is going to be how Wanda ties in with Dr. Strange 2, which I don't believe has started shooting yet and was supposed to have been in the can already. The release date was far enough out that it might not matter too much but if the pandemic forces shooting to be aborted again, Phase 4 could still getting really out of synch.

I don't expect any connection between Wandavision and the others, but I'd almost be surprised if Yelena doesn't show up for at least one episode of Falcon. It'd be such an easy way to bring her into the mix if they're serious about her being a the new Black Widow moving forward. 

I hope they've at least been using this extra time to work on the Doctor Strange script. Word was Derrickson left because he wanted more time to work on it but they were rushing to meet the release date. 

25 minutes ago, Caligula_K3 said:

I'm pretty burnt out on Marvel in all its forms (Thor and Guardians aside), but count me in on those who thought that trailer was very cool. More Marvel shows and movies like Legion, please! Or that at least try something new.

Which reminds me... I need to finish Legion.

Yeah, I only watched the first three episodes of season 2 of Legion.  Where can I find those streaming these days?

1 minute ago, Rhom said:

Yeah, I only watched the first three episodes of season 2 of Legion.  Where can I find those streaming these days?

That's also why I stopped watching in season 2... Couldn't find it anywhere. I think it's on Hulu if you're in the States, but seems very hard to get in other countries.

On 9/21/2020 at 11:58 PM, Werthead said:

I believe the primary influence on WandaVision is the House of M storyline from the comics. There's a couple of direct nods to it in the trailer.

A reverse House of M situation could well be how they re-integrate mutants into the universe without making the prejudice against them that is key  nonsensical, but while I definitely think you're onto something in terms of her changing reality being taken from there (not sure if it was a part of the Vision comic mind), I doubt they'll directly lift many plot points, since that would be a phase-capping level movie event even if we already had mutants.

Yeah, Legion is on Hulu. I just watched season three last week. It was good but sometimes you get the impression Hawley would be happier directing music videos. 

Anyway they delayed Black Widow again. They're saying May 7th now. 

Archived