MCUniverse Thread: Visualizing WandaVision

A True Kaniggit

21 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Jamie Foxx is returning as Electro in the next Spiderman movie.

Didn't like Electro, seems like a bad idea.  But I think Sony are probably trying to rush a Sinister Six movie to build this Spiderman universe quickly, so the move makes sense from then. 

At least make him a cool Electro this time, rather than a loonie fan.

1 hour ago, DaveSumm said:

But if feels like those decisions were led by ‘fans would enjoy seeing this’. This feels like ‘we’re trying to cobble together a universe asap’. Literally nobody was asking for a reprise of this role.

How do you figure? How would casting someone else as electro delay their spider man adjacent films at all? 

36 minutes ago, RumHam said:

How do you figure? How would casting someone else as electro delay their spider man adjacent films at all? 

I wouldn’t put it past Sony to try and fudge that, actually, it’s the same Electro who experienced ASM2. Willem Dafoe and Jamie Foxx and Michael Keaton or some shit, making as little sense as possible. I hope not, but I can’t see why else you’d cast him again.

22 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

I wouldn’t put it past Sony to try and fudge that, actually, it’s the same Electro who experienced ASM2. Willem Dafoe and Jamie Foxx and Michael Keaton or some shit, making as little sense as possible. I hope not, but I can’t see why else you’d cast him again.

Well Marvel is still producing the third Spider-Man at least. Also I don't really see how it somehow being the same character benefits Sony at all?

44 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

They cast Simmons as JJJ and he's definitely not the same JJJ as in the Raimi movies.

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

They cast Simmons as JJJ and he's definitely not the same JJJ as in the Raimi movies.

The modern JJJ is interesting to me.  In the movie he’s similar to InfoWars.  In the PlayStation game he feels much more like Rush Limbaugh.

20 hours ago, RumHam said:

Well Marvel is still producing the third Spider-Man at least. Also I don't really see how it somehow being the same character benefits Sony at all?

Maybe they saw Suicide Squad and figured villain team up movies don’t work unless fans know the villains, so they’re reaching into their back catalogue for known villains and ignoring the fact that it’s a separate universe? It doesn’t make sense, but I can’t figure any other reason to cast Foxx again. I can’t imagine Foxx was champing at the bit to reprise the role, no way Marvel have pushed for this, and fans certainly haven’t.

38 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Maybe they saw Suicide Squad and figured villain team up movies don’t work unless fans know the villains, so they’re reaching into their back catalogue for known villains and ignoring the fact that it’s a separate universe?

Well that might be the case if Foxx was reprising the role first in a Sinister Six movie, but he's going to show up in Spider Man 3 (Homesick I think it was rumored to be called?) first. So like even if they cast an unknown actor as the new Electro fans would still know that version from Spider Man 3 before any possible villain team-up movie he'd be in. 

I don't know why they cast him again. I honestly can't remember if I saw Amazing Spider-Man 2. He's a good actor though, maybe it's as simple as that.

7 minutes ago, RumHam said:

He's a good actor though, maybe it's as simple as that.

This is my take.  It's not Foxx's fault that film and portrayal of the character sucked.  If they wanna keep him on, fine by me.  He's a very talented actor, no reason not to keep an open mind about whether they can make a good movie with him as Electro (who, admittedly, is hardly my favorite of Spiderman villains).

On 9/23/2020 at 11:21 PM, polishgenius said:

I'm guessing it's because Tenet tested the waters and made 250mil, which really isn't enough to sustain a tentpole industry.

Tenet has now crossed 307 million dollars worldwide.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess we should change the title if it's not true. Shame though, she's a great actress. 

Shang-Chi has supposedly wrapped filming. Spider-Man is filming all over with Holland in Atlanta. I wonder how many movies they'll have queued up by the time people are ready to head back to theaters. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

‘Hawkeye’ Series at Disney Plus Adds Six to Cast, Including Vera Farmiga and Tony Dalton (EXCLUSIVE)
https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/hawkeye-disney-plus-florence-pugh-vera-farmiga-cast-1234845371/

The upcoming “Hawkeye” series at Disney Plus has cast a number of key roles, Variety has learned exclusively from sources.

Along with series leads Jeremy Renner and Hailee Steinfeld, Vera Farmiga, Florence Pugh, Fra Fee, Tony Dalton, Alaqua Cox, and Zahn McClarnon will all appear in the series.

Reps for Disney and the actors did not immediately respond to Variety‘s request for comment.

Farmiga is attached to play the Marvel character Eleanor Bishop, the mother of Kate Bishop (Steinfeld).

Fee will play a character named Kazi, most likely short for Kazimierz Kazimierczak, known to Marvel fans as the mercenary villain Clown.

Dalton will play Jack Duquesne, more than likely a take on the Marvel character Jacques Duquesne or Swordsman. An early mentor to Hawkeye, Swordsman has been both a hero and a villain in the Marvel comics.

Pugh will reprise the role of spy and assassin Yelena Belova, the sister of Black Widow.

Newcomer Cox will play Maya Lopez, the true name of the Marvel character Echo, a deaf Native American who is capable of perfectly copying another person’s movements, making her a formidable fighter.

McClarnon will play the role of William Lopez, likely a take on Maya’s father Willie “Crazy Horse” Lincoln from the comics.

Archived