MCUniverse Thread: Visualizing WandaVision

A True Kaniggit

If it gets released in May. I'll probably watch it because there's a hint of winter soldier to the trailers and because the widows team/cast are particularly strong (weisz, pugh and harbour!). I don't think there's going to be much competing with it either besides the aforementioned covid-19

Just now, Darth Richard II said:

I honestly think it looks awesome. :dunno:

It's the best trailer I've seen from marvel in a while, much better than spidey, endgame cap marvel and antman2. 

Although that jokey trailer from a while back was a mis-step for me but i guess the point of different trailers is to appeal to different audiences.

The "no/low" powers is a nice change of pace too as it usually means they have to concentrate on a good story and characters rather than just dazzle us with SFX or assume we have to like them because they are super powerful

16 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

I honestly think it looks awesome. :dunno:

Me too.

Also, from the previous thread, Instayed awake through Ant-Man 2 because I was naively optimistic that they would not waste Michelle Pfeiffer by having her be a total non-entity all film. Alas...

On 3/11/2020 at 8:28 PM, Darth Richard II said:

Honest to Crom, the only thing I remember about Ant Man 2 is the truth serum scene.

I remember Lawrence Fishburn being all over the trailers but nowhere to be found during the picture.

I enjoyed Ant Man more than most and i also don't remember shit about the sequel. Oh the mean bad-gal was in pain and like popped or something, and Evangeline Lilly has pretty eyes. It wasn't a 'bad' movie as I recall, just felt like a early summer baseball game even diehard fans didn't bother to turn on.

11 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

I enjoyed Ant Man more than most and i also don't remember shit about the sequel. Oh the mean bad-gal was in pain and like popped or something, and Evangeline Lilly has pretty eyes. It wasn't a 'bad' movie as I recall, just felt like a early summer baseball game even diehard fans didn't bother to turn on.

It was "there". I recall ants playing drums, constant breaking of rules (not that they established any) where shrunk/enlarged objects gained/lost/maintained mass according to convenience/plot/visual effect and the post-credit scene. Not exactly happy memories and despite having "wasp" in the title didn't really come off as being her film. It was more like black widow's role in "winter soldier".

I hope there isn't a third film just for the sake of needing trilogies. I'm more than happy to see them appear in other films though - ideally separately where wasp can stand on her own. They were both good in endgame for instance.

Looks like Disney will need to make some tough decisions with their release schedules in wake of coronavirus. It sounds like shang chi most likely to be affected as filming has been disrupted (same with falcon and winter soldier) meaning they might not finish production in time. Black Widow is still a "wait and see" although it looks like US might be at point where virus is wide-spread making it a pointless release if cinemas are closed. 

The "new mutants" film feels genuinely cursed at this point. 

What I'm really hoping doesn't happen is that we get a situation like the writers strike in the past, where tv shows and movies get either delayed or they churn out some substandard crap due to lack of resources etc (I seem to recall S2 of Walking Dead being blamed on that)

Although I also remember we got Dr Horribles Sing Along Blog because of the writers strike so maybe good things will come out of this!

3 hours ago, Heartofice said:

What I'm really hoping doesn't happen is that we get a situation like the writers strike in the past, where tv shows and movies get either delayed or they churn out some substandard crap due to lack of resources etc (I seem to recall S2 of Walking Dead being blamed on that)

Although I also remember we got Dr Horribles Sing Along Blog because of the writers strike so maybe good things will come out of this!

What was the excuse for s3+ of walking dead?

7 hours ago, Heartofice said:

(I seem to recall S2 of Walking Dead being blamed on that)

Actually that was like three years after the strike. Walking Dead season two stayed at the farm too long because AMC slashed the budget despite the show being a huge hit. Also they were clashing with Darabont, who fired all the writers at the end of season one. 

Edit: Also, Damon Lindelof Eager to Join Marvel Project Now That MCU Is ‘Getting More Experimental’

Yes, please. 

4 hours ago, RumHam said:

Actually that was like three years after the strike. Walking Dead season two stayed at the farm too long because AMC slashed the budget despite the show being a huge hit. Also they were clashing with Darabont, who fired all the writers at the end of season one. 

Edit: Also, Damon Lindelof Eager to Join Marvel Project Now That MCU Is ‘Getting More Experimental’

Yes, please. 

Good God no. Lindelof is the Stanek of the movie world.

10 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Was it Ant Man 2 where the logic seemed to be to stick the word Quantum in front of everything to make it sound scientific? 

Yup.

11 hours ago, red snow said:

It was "there". I recall ants playing drums, constant breaking of rules (not that they established any) where shrunk/enlarged objects gained/lost/maintained mass according to convenience/plot/visual effect and the post-credit scene. Not exactly happy memories and despite having "wasp" in the title didn't really come off as being her film. It was more like black widow's role in "winter soldier".

I hope there isn't a third film just for the sake of needing trilogies. I'm more than happy to see them appear in other films though - ideally separately where wasp can stand on her own. They were both good in endgame for instance.

Looks like Disney will need to make some tough decisions with their release schedules in wake of coronavirus. It sounds like shang chi most likely to be affected as filming has been disrupted (same with falcon and winter soldier) meaning they might not finish production in time. Black Widow is still a "wait and see" although it looks like US might be at point where virus is wide-spread making it a pointless release if cinemas are closed. 

The "new mutants" film feels genuinely cursed at this point. 

Ant Man 3 is already planned.

4 hours ago, RumHam said:

Yes, please. 

The farm made me give up.  How can you make a zombie apocalypse boring? 

Archived