MCUniverse Thread: Visualizing WandaVision

A True Kaniggit

36 minutes ago, sifth said:

I wonder if the new HBO deal will change this. I guess only time will tell.

That was Warner Bros movies which is owned by AT&T.

If Marvel/Disney were to take this route, it'd be on Disney+ but I don't think they were all that enamored with how the Mulan experiment worked out.

30 minutes ago, Rhom said:

That was Warner Bros movies which is owned by AT&T.

If Marvel/Disney were to take this route, it'd be on Disney+ but I don't think they were all that enamored with how the Mulan experiment worked out.

Am i correct that HBO will be airing Wonder Woman 2 this December? I feel like I saw that while scanning trailer videos

4 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Am i correct that HBO will be airing Wonder Woman 2 this December? I feel like I saw that while scanning trailer videos

They are in the US, along with a cinema release. I don't think there's any similar plans in the UK.

1 hour ago, Kalbear Total Landscaping said:

Interesting. Sounds like they're basically doing the entire Fraction run. Which is great, because it fucking rules.

Everything coming out about the Hawkeye show screams awesome. Using that Fraction run as a template is a great place to start.  I'm almost looking more forward to this than the Falcon and Winter Soldier show. 

2 hours ago, williamjm said:

They are in the US, along with a cinema release. I don't think there's any similar plans in the UK.

December as in this month? Covid is trending in the wrong direction here so I highly doubt that's happening. Are any theaters even open in the US? In California we just shut indoor dining back down altogether but we're among the most conservative states wrt to Covid.

2 hours ago, WarGalley said:

December as in this month? Covid is trending in the wrong direction here so I highly doubt that's happening. Are any theaters even open in the US? In California we just shut indoor dining back down altogether but we're among the most conservative states wrt to Covid.

Yes, some are open.  We have some open in my town.  They are mostly empty, but they’re open.

6 minutes ago, The Grey Wolf said:

Read something about Letitia Wright posting anti-vaxxer and anti-climate change stuff on Twitter. Is that real?

Yeah she posted a 70-minute video of some anti-vaxxer that blamed China for spreading covid and also apparently included anti-climate change and transphobic stuff (I haven't watched the video).  Don Cheadle started defending her then started watching the video and was like "oh shit that's hot garbage."  She's since deleted her accounts.  Here's a deadline article on it

48 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

From a sociological standpoint I'm curious how hard cancel culture comes after her.

She cancelled her twitter account.

What is it with these MCU types and social media? James Gunn's old tweets were pure cringe. Like, stuff that I'd be embarrassed to say in a private social situation a grown man broadcasts to the world. The Chris Evans raging boner, the public shaming of Chris Pratt and Elizabeth Olson, now this.

Personally, I couldn't care less. I'm not a fan of "cancel culture" per se, but if you have an outsized public profile due to your celebrity, you have a responsibility to use it carefully when you weigh in on shit that's out of your wheelhouse.

Archived