MCUniverse Thread: Visualizing WandaVision

A True Kaniggit

8 hours ago, IlyaP said:

For the uninitiated: eh? 

We did this exact conversation some months back. HoI doesn’t care for the character of Shuri, and people just love to comment to the effect of “well hey maybe that’s cos you’re racist”. It’s become a popular pastime here to prise open every last remark of his to receive the honour of proving, once and for all, that he’s a dirty smelly racist. I think you win a car or something if you manage to trick him into confessing.

28 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

We did this exact conversation some months back. HoI doesn’t care for the character of Shuri, and people just love to comment to the effect of “well hey maybe that’s cos you’re racist”. It’s become a popular pastime here to prise open every last remark of his to receive the honour of proving, once and for all, that he’s a dirty smelly racist. I think you win a car or something if you manage to trick him into confessing.

Unfortunately you really only get a badge and a smug sense of superiority, but maybe they'll upgrade the prize to a car or something, I think all that hard work deserves recognition. 

1 hour ago, DaveSumm said:

Yeah, its super duper funny. 

On 12/14/2020 at 11:28 AM, Kalbear Total Landscaping said:

Also on that note, Star Lord is apparently bi canonically, so that's gonna be fun for the holiday special and Chris Prat

Anyone want to take bets on whether or not the MCU is going to lean into this?

While he's primarily a ladies man, they all but confirmed that Hercules is bisexual years ago.

https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/amadeusdelphyne1.jpg

https://static0.cbrimages.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/imglib/fallofanavenger-90d88.jpg

This series is great BTW.

I was really confused why they just randomly announced the character was bi when the next movie will presumably be about him trying to re-win-over Gamora. Didn't seem right to have him bang Thor in Love and Thunder while he was still searching for his true love. But it's the comic character whose bisexual, not the MCU Chris Pratt version. I doubt anyone would click the articles if they made that clear in the headlines though.

41 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Didn't seem right to have him bang Thor in Love and Thunder while he was still searching for his true love.

I thought their interaction in Infinity War/end of Endgame already made it clear he's Thor's power bottom.

49 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I was really confused why they just randomly announced the character was bi when the next movie will presumably be about him trying to re-win-over Gamora. Didn't seem right to have him bang Thor in Love and Thunder while he was still searching for his true love. But it's the comic character whose bisexual, not the MCU Chris Pratt version. I doubt anyone would click the articles if they made that clear in the headlines though.

Hey, "comic accuracy". Amirite? Although the real question is, "how would Gunn handle it?" Remember the first GotG movie has a really cringe worthy line about the interior of Star Lord's ship looking like a Pollock painting under blacklight? "Odd thing to say to your date", I thought.

18 minutes ago, DMC said:

I thought their interaction in Infinity War/end of Endgame already made it clear he's Thor's power bottom.

:fencing:

Holy crap he even looks like him now.

On 12/15/2020 at 11:22 PM, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Anyone want to take bets on whether or not the MCU is going to lean into this?

While he's primarily a ladies man, they all but confirmed that Hercules is bisexual years ago.

https://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/amadeusdelphyne1.jpg

https://static0.cbrimages.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/imglib/fallofanavenger-90d88.jpg

This series is great BTW.

Probably there’ll be a tepid peck on the check or flirtatious innuendo with another man that Disney will pat itself on the back for and declare job well done (see also Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker). Conservatives will be pissed because “Corrupting the youth, hellfires, eternal damnation” while the rest of us will be annoyed because as usual the idea of LGBTQIA+ representation is...lacking, to say the least.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SpaceChampion said:

On episode lengths, number: 'Loki' (6 40-50 min episodes), 'Falcon and the Winter Soldier' (6 40-50 min episodes), 'She-Hulk' (10 30-min episodes), and 'Moon Knight' (6 40-50 min episodes).

That could be about the right length. I felt most of the Marvel Netflix shows often struggled a bit to fill 13 episodes.

Due to traitors adopting the Punisher logo Marvel is facing calls to discontinue the Punisher comic.  I saw a suggestion in the comments on facebook saying just reimagine the character as a trans-man who is attracted to men.

That's ok by me but I think a Punisher that directly fights crazy Trumpist militia LARPers would be better.  Yes, I know -- why not both?

On 1/12/2021 at 12:29 AM, RumHam said:

Apparently two thirty minute episodes of WandaVision are being released on Friday. No reviews yet though. 

I can't believe they haven't just released Black Widow already. 

Does this mean it’s on a weekly release schedule?

Totally unrelated, I'm on an international committee for Rotary International.  There's 8 of us and I'm the only one from the States.  Today during a Zoom call, my ten year old son got dropped off at my office by the bus after he got out of school.  He came in while the guy from Nigeria was talking and my son said "He sounds like Black Panther."  :lol:  I was muted.

So I dropped a message in the chat box to tell the group.  I saw the gal from New Zealand laughing on her screen.  In the chat box, the guy from Jamaica responded "Wakanda Forever" and the guy from India said "He can be the new T'challa!"

Its really interesting what a worldwide touchstone Marvel has built their universe into.

Archived