Love in the Time of Coronavirus (#3)

Mlle. Zabzie

3 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

As I type I’m on a “Town Hall” with Congressperson Joe Wilson.  I’m in the que to ask why only 87 (Per the SCDHEC official who spoke earlier) have been tested in SC and what the specific criteria are for testing.

They didn’t allow me to ask the question.

So I looked up Joe Wilson to confirm that yes, he's the shitstain who yelled "You lie!" at Obama on the House floor. Do you think you could at least ask him why he goes by "Joe" and not "Addison" like his parents named him?

5 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

So I looked up Joe Wilson to confirm that yes, he's the shitstain who yelled "You lie!" at Obama on the House floor. Do you think you could at least ask him why he goes by "Joe" and not "Addison" like his parents named him?

Nope.  They didn’t even have time for my question.  He is absolutely Joe “You Lie” Wilson.

1 hour ago, Kalbear said:

Here's a wonderfully sobering  take on what's happening in the US, right now. This is what a whole lot more areas get to look forward to in the next two weeks. Note that this is out of date - all schools are cancelled until April 24th. But otherwise this is pretty much what it's been like in ground zero.

There are some really good things. Microsoft announced 2 weeks of paid time off for anyone who needs to take care of their kids as they're at home. Amazon is offering money to small businesses around the HQ. But by and large, we've taken too long here. Don't be like Washington state. 

Thanks for posting that. And people, remember there is still a SMALL fraction of the population infected.

Trump finally declared a national emergency. About fucking time. That frees up a lot of additional funding and authorities for states. So, so, so much more needs to be done, which will require Congress; but its a start.

Also, I hate TV diagnosing, but he seems seriously unwell. I've made a point to not watch him much, so I don't know if this is worse than usual (i.e. no idea if its COVID-19); but he is not healthy.

The biggest drugstore chain in Poland has just implemented a rationing of certain products. From now on a client will be able to buy no more than 3 soaps, hand sanitizers and 3 packs of toilet paper. Surreal.

9 minutes ago, Fez said:

Trump finally declared a national emergency. About fucking time. That frees up a lot of additional funding and authorities for states. So, so, so much more needs to be done, which will require Congress; but its a start.

Also, I hate TV diagnosing, but he seems seriously unwell. I've made a point to not watch him much, so I don't know if this is worse than usual (i.e. no idea if its COVID-19); but he is not healthy.

I just posted nearly the same thing on the US Politics thread. He sounds hoarse to me.

44 minutes ago, Fez said:

Even for someone without a known germ phobia this would be incredibly stressful.  Whatever else is going on, he has got to be under tremendous stress.  

Also, of all current political leaders at the national level, I continue to have faith in Pelosi.  

37 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

I just posted nearly the same thing on the US Politics thread. He sounds hoarse to me.

I thought he sounded under the weather in his address the other night. Frankly I don't have many points of comparison because I can only stomach listening to his stupid voice so much. 

White House keeps saying that he "hasn't been tested," despite all the contact he's had with confirmed cases. It would be the most Donald J. Trump thing ever for him to refuse being tested despite obvious warning signs, like the big giant baby he is. 

1 hour ago, lessthanluke said:

I'll believe it when I see it.

I'll be carrying on as usual as don't have a choice.

Yeah man, I know it sucks, and it sucks doubly for you because the gym is the first thing I cut out of my daily routine once the situation got real. Do you do monthly fees or is it individual sessions?

4 minutes ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

I thought he sounded under the weather in his address the other night. Frankly I don't have many points of comparison because I can only stomach listening to his stupid voice so much. 

White House keeps saying that he "hasn't been tested," despite all the contact he's had with confirmed cases. It would be the most Donald J. Trump thing ever for him to refuse being tested despite obvious warning signs, like the big giant baby he is. 

Trump does strike me as the type of man who would see a rash on his junk and think to himself “if I don’t get it checked, I don’t have it.”  

Did anyone else notice that it started visibly dawning on him during the press conference that "fuck, I might actually have this thing"?

Archived