Sign in to follow this  
Mlle. Zabzie

Love in the Time of Coronavirus (#3)

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Depends. Short term probably, long term not so much. Governments are going to have no choice but to eat A LOT of debt and start printing money. I think my country should send every non-essential person home and wire every household $2,000 per adult and $1,000 per kid. Would probably cost a trillion dollars, but it would be money well spent.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I'll be carrying on as usual as don't have a choice.

Posted (edited)

As I type I’m on a “Town Hall” with Congressperson Joe Wilson.  I’m in the que to ask why only 87 people (Per the SCDHEC official who spoke earlier) have been tested in SC and what the specific criteria are for testing.

They didn’t allow me to ask the question.

Edited by Ser Scot A Ellison

3 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

As I type I’m on a “Town Hall” with Congressperson Joe Wilson.  I’m in the que to ask why only 87 people (Per the SCDHEC official who spoke earlier) have been tested in SC and what the specific criteria are for testing.

Did they run out of time or did they specifically ban that question?  That’s really not great if the latter.  

3 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

As I type I’m on a “Town Hall” with Congressperson Joe Wilson.  I’m in the que to ask why only 87 (Per the SCDHEC official who spoke earlier) have been tested in SC and what the specific criteria are for testing.

So I looked up Joe Wilson to confirm that yes, he's the shitstain who yelled "You lie!" at Obama on the House floor. Do you think you could at least ask him why he goes by "Joe" and not "Addison" like his parents named him?

louisiana is now in public enemy's shut em down mode. laissez les bons temps isoler?

4 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Did they run out of time or did they specifically ban that question?  That’s really not great if the latter.  

Ran out of time.  But they had time for a woman to ask if Dogs are susceptible to COVID-19

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

So I looked up Joe Wilson to confirm that yes, he's the shitstain who yelled "You lie!" at Obama on the House floor. Do you think you could at least ask him why he goes by "Joe" and not "Addison" like his parents named him?

Nope.  They didn’t even have time for my question.  He is absolutely Joe “You Lie” Wilson.

Edited by Ser Scot A Ellison

1 hour ago, Kalbear said:

Here's a wonderfully sobering  take on what's happening in the US, right now. This is what a whole lot more areas get to look forward to in the next two weeks. Note that this is out of date - all schools are cancelled until April 24th. But otherwise this is pretty much what it's been like in ground zero.

There are some really good things. Microsoft announced 2 weeks of paid time off for anyone who needs to take care of their kids as they're at home. Amazon is offering money to small businesses around the HQ. But by and large, we've taken too long here. Don't be like Washington state. 

Thanks for posting that. And people, remember there is still a SMALL fraction of the population infected.

4 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Nope.  They didn’t even have time for my question.  He is absolutely Joe “You Lie” Wilson.

Ok, marginally better.  But they should have given that information anyhow.  

Trump finally declared a national emergency. About fucking time. That frees up a lot of additional funding and authorities for states. So, so, so much more needs to be done, which will require Congress; but its a start.

Also, I hate TV diagnosing, but he seems seriously unwell. I've made a point to not watch him much, so I don't know if this is worse than usual (i.e. no idea if its COVID-19); but he is not healthy.

Would love to hear him expand on his thoughts about tele health

Posted (edited)

The biggest drugstore chain in Poland has just implemented a rationing of certain products. From now on a client will be able to buy no more than 3 soaps, hand sanitizers and 3 packs of toilet paper. Surreal.

Edited by 3CityApache

Pennsylvania just closed all schools for the next two weeks, looks like I’m out of a job for the moment, for the best of course 

9 minutes ago, Fez said:

Trump finally declared a national emergency. About fucking time. That frees up a lot of additional funding and authorities for states. So, so, so much more needs to be done, which will require Congress; but its a start.

Also, I hate TV diagnosing, but he seems seriously unwell. I've made a point to not watch him much, so I don't know if this is worse than usual (i.e. no idea if its COVID-19); but he is not healthy.

I just posted nearly the same thing on the US Politics thread. He sounds hoarse to me.

My reaction is mixed. First, yay! Second, private company, so will they keep this info proprietary? If so, can they meet even close to the demand?