The Gallows Humor Thread

Fragile Bird

There's not really any humor in it, so this might not be the best spot for it. But Dave Chappelle put out a special last night about George Floyd, the protests, life in America as a black person, and so on, and it's quite a thing. If you've got 27 minutes I'd really recommend it.

Like I said though, it's not humor. Chappelle does do have a couple throwaway jokes, but for the most part he's entirely serious.

14 minutes ago, Rippounet said:

"We just need to fuck each other until we're just one color."

Hey, why not?

Reminds me of the South Park episode where people from the future - which are all explicitly rendered as an indistinguishable combination of ethnicities as you suggest - come back in time and are still dehumanized and stigmatized because they "took r jurbs."  

• 3 weeks later...

My God, did I need this laugh...

Woman attacks Face mask display because...reasons? And then police show up at her house and then things really go off the rails! QAnon! Trump! Nazis!

Wow. That is sad. At least the police were on to her unlikely statements, and were reasonable except that they knew that they were being recorded. Trump is flushing people like her out of the woodwork. It is a trying time with all the gaslighting, animus, and contradictions.

14 hours ago, Trebla said:

My God, did I need this laugh...

Woman attacks Face mask display because...reasons? And then police show up at her house and then things really go off the rails! QAnon! Trump! Nazis!

As someone who has history working in retail I really just want to slap her

On 7/6/2020 at 3:44 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

As someone who has history working in retail I really just want to slap her

She has been trying to play a part in local city politics for a couple of years, and her behavior and tactics made me feel the same.  

This episode, though, is pretty clearly the sign of a significant mental problem, and it is sad that it had to come to this for her or anyone else before they can get help.

This is a bit of wtf is this real humour from my personal life but while on the phone to my nanna today, she announced confidently that she blames COVID-19 on “all those people going to the Moon.”

I have no idea where the idea came from but I did have a laugh at the absurdity and utter certainty with which she proclaimed it.

8 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

This is a bit of wtf is this real humour from my personal life but while on the phone to my nanna today, she announced confidently that she blames COVID-19 on “all those people going to the Moon.”

I have no idea where the idea came from but I did have a laugh at the absurdity and utter certainty with which she proclaimed it.

Don't tell Trump - he'll believe her!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ser Scot posted an article from something called the christianpost which noted that Trump revealled on Monday while in Minnesota that he spoke with God about the economy, and that God told him He's going to have him rebuild "the greatest economy in the history of the world" again.

Now, this brings me to ask, should I be posting this in the US Politics thread or the GOP BINGO card thread? Maybe I will too. But what I wanted to post here was an actual response in the story's comment section.

"James R:

Rev 17 speaks of 7 Antichrists, the last would the return of the first? Of the 7, Nimrod was the first and original. To call Trump, Nimrod, would be to deliberately deflect attention from the real Antichrist, Obama, who just happens to be a CUSHITE! Who hate(d) Israel and Christians. And just happened to be the Commander-in-Chief of the LGBTQXYZ!@#!%. No not an expletive.

And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. -Revelation 17:11"

"

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Gallows humor or demented humor?

A group of doctors in the US were taking pictures of themselves holding organs they had just removed from someone’s body in a parody of “The Price is Right” game show.

An investigation is being done...

On 8/22/2020 at 10:03 AM, Fragile Bird said:

Ser Scot posted an article from something called the christianpost which noted that Trump revealled on Monday while in Minnesota that he spoke with God about the economy, and that God told him He's going to have him rebuild "the greatest economy in the history of the world" again.

Now, this brings me to ask, should I be posting this in the US Politics thread or the GOP BINGO card thread? Maybe I will too. But what I wanted to post here was an actual response in the story's comment section.

"James R:

Rev 17 speaks of 7 Antichrists, the last would the return of the first? Of the 7, Nimrod was the first and original. To call Trump, Nimrod, would be to deliberately deflect attention from the real Antichrist, Obama, who just happens to be a CUSHITE! Who hate(d) Israel and Christians. And just happened to be the Commander-in-Chief of the LGBTQXYZ!@#!%. No not an expletive.

And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. -Revelation 17:11"

"

So the first Antichrist was before Christ? 

Archived