The Gallows Humor Thread

Fragile Bird

Yesterday, U.S. Senator Mark Warner (D-VA) posted an instagram video of him making a tuna melt

and it's honestly one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. Now this is what I call an unforced political error.

I'm usually entirely opposed to primarying Democratic incumbents, but I might make an exception in this case.

ETA: Don't just click on the short twitter video; click through the link to the full glory of the 3+ minute video on instagram.

11 minutes ago, Fez said:

Yesterday, U.S. Senator Mark Warner (D-VA) posted an instagram video of him making a tuna melt

and it's honestly one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. Now this is what I call an unforced political error.

Jesus.

Fair play to him though. I looked him up, he's apparently very well off but he's definitely managed to dodge the Nancy Pelosi fridgegate bullet and not appear to live an unapproachable extravagant lifestyle.

3 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

Jesus.

Fair play to him though. I looked him up, he's apparently very well off but he's definitely managed to dodge the Nancy Pelosi fridgegate bullet and not appear to live an unapproachable extravagant lifestyle.

That’s so not his house.

And yeah, disgusting.

9 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

That’s so not his house.

Yeah, I'm sure it's an apartment he uses in Washington or something but, still, for a man apparently worth a couple of hundred million dollars it's not a particularly extravagant one. :dunno:

Just now, ljkeane said:

Yeah, I'm sure it's an apartment he uses in Washington or something but, still, for a man apparently worth a couple of hundred million dollars it's not a particularly extravagant one. :dunno:

I assume that's his townhouse in Alexandria, VA, which is right outside of DC. Most of the houses there aren't large enough to get too extravagant. He may have a much larger house somewhere else in Virginia, but it still might not be that extravagant, if only because he wouldn't have that much time to enjoy it. Since he's a local senator, he has to be at the capital much more frequently as a Dem rep for the senate pro forma sessions. Also, he's ranking member of a committee (Senate Intelligence) that actually very frequently meets, so he's legitimately quite busy in DC most of the time.

6 minutes ago, Fez said:

I assume that's his townhouse in Alexandria, VA, which is right outside of DC. Most of the houses there aren't large enough to get too extravagant. He may have a much larger house somewhere else in Virginia, but it still might not be that extravagant, if only because he wouldn't have that much time to enjoy it. Since he's a local senator, he has to be at the capital much more frequently as a Dem rep for the senate pro forma sessions. Also, he's ranking member of a committee (Senate Intelligence) that actually very frequently meets, so he's legitimately quite busy in DC most of the time.

My money would be he went to a staffer’s place.

I also find the lack of a second bite suspicious. Do you think he finished that disgusting slop?

11 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

My money would be he went to a staffer’s place.

I also find the lack of a second bite suspicious. Do you think he finished that disgusting slop?

That's too nice a kitchen for a senate staffer. Senate staff salaries are low, and DC real estate is expensive.

19 minutes ago, Fez said:

That's too nice a kitchen for a senate staffer. Senate staff salaries are low, and DC real estate is expensive.

I know the low pay of working for a Senator, but the CoS makes pretty good money, and a lot of staffers are blue bloods who have plenty of money in their families. I mean I could be wrong, but I don’t think people with his kind of money would have a kitchen like that.

ETA: But then again, he did make that disgust “sandwich” so maybe he’s a man of simple tastes. I will say though if that’s his place, his wife isn’t living there.

Archived