The Gallows Humor Thread

Fragile Bird

3 minutes ago, Fez said:

Not exactly humor, but I hope it brings joy. The Chicago aquarium, which is closed to visitors right now, let their penguins wander around.

That's pretty damn adorable.  Reminds me of how my grandparents walk through exhibits.

5 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

It's probably cheaper to stay in a hotel for the free soap and bog roll than it is to buy nowadays. 

Alternatively (and for maximum savings), just stay at home and poop in the shower then squish it down the plughole with your foot. 

Five Questions for... the '1 in 30 People Who Poo in the Shower'

Every few months, some truly wretched discussion concerning human behaviour will dominate Twitter for 24 hours, throwing all previously held assumptions about how the world works into disarray.

There was the time everyone spent like a month arguing over whether you should wash your legs, and the time a load of people logged on to suggest it's actually not necessary to wash the underside of your plates. So I suppose it was really only a matter of time until poo came into all this – but I could have easily gone my entire life without discovering that one in 30 people shit in the shower.

I imagine that number will be significantly higher come the summer. :ack:

2 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

GRRM posted on his NotaBlog that he's in isolation as a precaution, and is spending more time in Westeros now. So silver lining to all this, we might get The Winds of Winter this year.

Nice one centurion!

3 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

GRRM posted on his NotaBlog that he's in isolation as a precaution, and is spending more time in Westeros now. So silver lining to all this, we might get The Winds of Winter this year.

I really want to post the "You Get Nothing!  You Lose!"  GIF but we can't post GIFs here. 

12 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I really want to post the "You Get Nothing!  You Lose!"  GIF but we can't post GIFs here. 

The dark side of the force is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be unnatural

4 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

The irony being he finishes the book but his publishers have shut down :P

On 3/17/2020 at 5:27 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

Seeing the looks of mild terror on people’s faces when they realise i have a sniffle and they have just sat beside me on the bus is morbidly hilarious

Ha! I have my oh it must be spring sinus infection and every time I'm out and i sniff a bit people look at me like an alien just burst out of my chest.

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

The irony being he finishes the book but his publishers have shut down :P

It was nice to read that he's continuing to pay the salaries of all staff at his various Santa Fe businesses while they are all closed. Obviously he's in a different situation than most small business owners, with such a large cash reserve from outside the business that he can draw on. But still, good to hear that he remains one of the good ones.

Archived