House Starks Inevitable Extinction...

Brandon Ice-Eyes

House Starks Inevitable Extinction...

Hello! So yeah, you're probably a bit confused as to why i'm presenting a theory on House Stark going extinct come the end of ADOS as they seem to be one of the few houses that will survive ASOIAF but i have different views. 

Now whilst I personally want House Stark to survive as i'm a stark fan, even if i can't stand this current generation of Starks, i still believe they will go extinct. You see, it's my opinion that the whole point of the ASOIAF is the death of magic and the death of Ice and Fire - ie: House Stark - Ice and House Targaryen - Fire. Now obviously you'll snap back and say: "BuT iCe Is ThE oThErS, nOt HoUsE sTaRk." Well that's where you're wrong! You see, i don't actually believe that the others will be beaten - more a settlement will be agreed. The wall will fall and they'll make it far south as the humanity will be too busy playing the game of thrones yet when they do turn to fight the greater foe, it will be too late. Not only that but i believe we will find out that The Others are in fact not the "Evil Big Bad Wolf" that we thought they were but a civilisation/species with very valid reasons to be upset at humanity - no doubt an ancient pact broken.

And that's where House Stark come in - they're the ones who broke the pact. I believe the pact will have something to do with the wall and an agreement they would share the wall - hence the 13th Lord Commander - but House Stark broke this pact as they did not trust The Others. Now as to why they waited 8000 years to attack, i don't know but i believe we will get more info on this in TWOW.

House Targaryen must go extinct because they represent Fire, the worst enemy of The Others and thus they must go extinct for The Others to be able to safely live out there days without the treachery of House Stark or The Dragons of Valyria.

Overall the entire books have been leading to this point. In ASOIAF, House Stark's new generation of Dead Ned and the rest of his gang are presented as honourable and 'Holier Than Thou' and are frankly annoying and pretentious and a stain on House Stark's rich and proud history yet this attitude has made this generation beloved of the readers who gladly ignore the blatant lies. Robb Stark broke his pact to House Frey and got what he had coming and Sansa betrayed her father to please a child pyscopath whilst Arya is too busy trying to become "no-one" and will most likely never be the same when she inevitably has to leave the House of Black and White. Bran and Rickon are the only ones who show some form of hope. Bran is in touch with the old powers which is form of hope and isn't stuck up his own backside because he's so "Honourable" like Ned and Robb were and Rickon seems to show signs of the ruthlessness required of a true Stark.

Ultimately they'll all die - and quite deservedly - as House Stark has endangered Humanity through there lies and this current generation of Starks will be too weak to defend The North.

This is where Jon comes in. I believe R + L = J is true simply because it makes too much sense and although it's obvious, it's most likely the correct theory. Jon is born of Ice and Fire and will be a necessary sacrifice to The Others as he will be a balance and thus can negotiate the peace yet it is my opinion that he will have to die as a sacrifice to make peace.

And there it is - The inevitable extinction of House Stark. Through there lies and weakness they have endangered Westeros and it is necessary for more justice to be served but not only must they die for justice but for peace - and House Targaryen must fall with them. They both represent Ice and Fire and there glorious falls will bring peace to a content that has been ravaged by war because of House Targaryen's madness and because a naive teenager couldn't accept his dad's death.

Leave your thoughts down below, all opinions are appreciated, Thanks :)

The Starks have an unfair advantage. Skin Changing.  They are almost guaranteed to get a second chance at life.  Okay, so they can lose their human bodies but they can choose to become something else.  What can survive best in the north during winter? A dire wolf.  They are guaranteed to not go extinct.  Some of them will continue after they lose their human form.  And that Bran is practically immortal.  The only one who may die without a second chance is Sansa.  

1 minute ago, Nagini's Neville said:

I just don't think the series is nihilistic. There are a lot of hardships to be endured, but that doesn't mean it's ultimately all about death and destruction. Having father, mother, eldest brother and WF taken away was already bad enough. I think GRRM said something like that himself.

Then GRRM’s gotta do a better job at showing that it’s not about death and destruction.

6 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

Then GRRM’s gotta do a better job at showing that it’s not about death and destruction.

Two books left, lotta scope for redemption....

12 hours ago, Brandon Ice-Eyes said:

and because a naive teenager couldn't accept his dad's death.

And did you lose a parent whilst still a teenager? You some great expert on this and how it shapes your life?????

George has the Starks embody the positive aspects of ice. The notion that ice preserves and protects. He implies that they are the “balance” between the extremes of the Others and the Targaryens. So their removal is presented as being a bad thing. There must always be a Stark in Winterfell. The mindless fanaticism of the Northerners towards this family. Their association with the Children/Warging who are more nature based rather than ice. It’s all intended to be positive. There’s never a serious insinuation that they have blood on their hands.

Its the Andals who broke the Pact? Not the Starks. There’s a throw away line in the source book which is of questionable canon suggesting the Starks overthrew the real Kings of the North and their CoTF allies; but that’s a real stretch. If George is going to pull that the Starks committed genocide on the CoTF he’s left it very late in the day to do it. Surely the author would have made a big deal of that if it was the case. 

But yeah I don’t see him having the Starks lose. As much as I’d love to see Oldtown become a republic and have the Stuart...sorry, Stark King beheaded. I don’t think the author intends to leave a cloud over the Starks future.

I always got impression this is the opposite to the LoTR. Magic is coming back into the world. So the ending you’ll probably have a very high fantasy world when you started with a relatively normal one. Be a bit odd for magic to show up for five years and then disappear. 

Some of the Starks will die.  Hopefully Sansa and Jon will die.  The Starks won't all die though.  Rickon and Bran will survive to carry the blood line.  The time remaining may allow some of them to have children before they pass.  Sansa can get pregnant right now.  Jon is no stranger to breaking rules.  Bran has the hots for Meera, if only his junk is working. 

50 minutes ago, 867-5309 said:

Some of the Starks will die.  Hopefully Sansa and Jon will die.  The Starks won't all die though.  Rickon and Bran will survive to carry the blood line.  The time remaining may allow some of them to have children before they pass.  Sansa can get pregnant right now.  Jon is no stranger to breaking rules.  Bran has the hots for Meera, if only his junk is working. 

wow, could you please not talk like this about something that's so pure and innocent :ack: And could you please leave 10 year old Bran's junk alone please?! Thank you very much! We know you don't like them, but they are still people in universe -most of them children under 13- not animals, who could potentially breed. 

9 hours ago, Nagini's Neville said:

I just don't think the series is nihilistic. There are a lot of hardships to be endured, but that doesn't mean it's ultimately all about death and destruction. Having father, mother, eldest brother and WF taken away was already bad enough. I think GRRM said something like that himself.

It’s not enough, all must die for justice to be given and a balance to be restored.

9 hours ago, Tyrion1991 said:

George has the Starks embody the positive aspects of ice. The notion that ice preserves and protects. He implies that they are the “balance” between the extremes of the Others and the Targaryens. So their removal is presented as being a bad thing. There must always be a Stark in Winterfell. The mindless fanaticism of the Northerners towards this family. Their association with the Children/Warging who are more nature based rather than ice. It’s all intended to be positive. There’s never a serious insinuation that they have blood on their hands.

Its the Andals who broke the Pact? Not the Starks. There’s a throw away line in the source book which is of questionable canon suggesting the Starks overthrew the real Kings of the North and their CoTF allies; but that’s a real stretch. If George is going to pull that the Starks committed genocide on the CoTF he’s left it very late in the day to do it. Surely the author would have made a big deal of that if it was the case. 

But yeah I don’t see him having the Starks lose. As much as I’d love to see Oldtown become a republic and have the Stuart...sorry, Stark King beheaded. I don’t think the author intends to leave a cloud over the Starks future.

I always got impression this is the opposite to the LoTR. Magic is coming back into the world. So the ending you’ll probably have a very high fantasy world when you started with a relatively normal one. Be a bit odd for magic to show up for five years and then disappear. 

Fair enough, you provided a good argument unlike others - i like the part about magic coming back in and not leaving. 

22 minutes ago, Brandon Ice-Eyes said:

Any proof?

You made the claim so the responsibility to prove it lies with you. You haven't presented anything that indicates the extinction of House Stark, you have only presented that you don't like them & hope/think they deserve to be extinguished. 

20 minutes ago, Brandon Ice-Eyes said:

Fair enough, you provided a good argument unlike others - i like the part about magic coming back in and not leaving. 

You haven't presented any argument, let alone a good one. You can hardly expect others to present a 'good' argument when yours is shoddy. 

Archived