House Starks Inevitable Extinction...

Brandon Ice-Eyes

48 minutes ago, Brandon Ice-Eyes said:

They are displayed all over my post, you cannot miss them - read it again and I have no doubt you will see them and be wondering how you ever doubted me

So even you can't find the facts in your post? 

The wolves will come again.  At least that is what Jojen Reed believed.  The Starks will come back into some form of power when winter covers Westeros.  They are ice after all and connected to the white walkers.  The remaining Starks will rule over a white covered land of snow.  Bran, Jon, and Rickon will live for a while.  They won't all die until Spring comes around and the dragons cleanse the land of the walking ice zombies.  The Starks will die when the snows start to melt away.  The story is setting up a fight between the forces of light (Daenerys and her dragons) versus the ice and the darkness (Starks and their wolves). 

51 minutes ago, Jean-Louis Schiffer said:

The wolves will come again.  At least that is what Jojen Reed believed.  The Starks will come back into some form of power when winter covers Westeros.  They are ice after all and connected to the white walkers.  The remaining Starks will rule over a white covered land of snow.  Bran, Jon, and Rickon will live for a while.  They won't all die until Spring comes around and the dragons cleanse the land of the walking ice zombies.  The Starks will die when the snows start to melt away.  The story is setting up a fight between the forces of light (Daenerys and her dragons) versus the ice and the darkness (Starks and their wolves). 

The wolves will not come again

12 minutes ago, Elegant Woes said:

@Brandon Ice-Eyes It's one thing to change one plot, but the entire ending is something else. Besides George has stressed over and over again that the Starks are the heroes of the story. The protagonists. It's pretty much given that the books will end with them on top. It's weird to assume otherwise. 

Have you got a source for him saying that because I’d always assumed that GRRM intended for every character to reside in the grey area and there be no “heroes” or “villains” ?

On 3/13/2020 at 8:09 AM, Brandon Ice-Eyes said:

House Starks Inevitable Extinction...

Hello! So yeah, you're probably a bit confused as to why i'm presenting a theory on House Stark going extinct come the end of ADOS as they seem to be one of the few houses that will survive ASOIAF but i have different views. 

I’ll bite. Let’s check your OP and try to find all the “overwhelming logic and evidence” that you keep banging on about.

As Jack would say, let’s tackle this one bit at a time. 

So far, so good. An opinion, no outrageous claims being made. 

Now whilst I personally want House Stark to survive as i'm a stark fan, even if i can't stand this current generation of Starks, i still believe they will go extinct. You see, it's my opinion that the whole point of the ASOIAF is the death of magic and the death of Ice and Fire - ie: House Stark - Ice and House Targaryen - Fire. Now obviously you'll snap back and say: "BuT iCe Is ThE oThErS, nOt HoUsE sTaRk." Well that's where you're wrong! You see, i don't actually believe that the others will be beaten - more a settlement will be agreed. The wall will fall and they'll make it far south as the humanity will be too busy playing the game of thrones yet when they do turn to fight the greater foe, it will be too late. Not only that but i believe we will find out that The Others are in fact not the "Evil Big Bad Wolf" that we thought they were but a civilisation/species with very valid reasons to be upset at humanity - no doubt an ancient pact broken.

I wish I wouldn’t be required to say anything at all; that just by looking at the highlighted parts you would understand that there isn’t a single piece of evidence anywhere in sight. It’s all, “I think”, “I want”, “I believe”. Again, not a shred of textual support for not any of the claims being made here. 

And that's where House Stark come in - they're the ones who broke the pact. I believe the pact will have something to do with the wall and an agreement they would share the wall - hence the 13th Lord Commander - but House Stark broke this pact as they did not trust The Others. Now as to why they waited 8000 years to attack, i don't know but i believe we will get more info on this in TWOW.

I don’t even need to say anything, right? 

House Targaryen must go extinct because they represent Fire, the worst enemy of The Others and thus they must go extinct for The Others to be able to safely live out there their days without the treachery of House Stark or The Dragons of Valyria.

FTFY. 

And while we’re here, any quotes you can provide to back up this idea that the WWs view Targs and Starks as treacherous? 

Overall the entire books have been leading to this point. In ASOIAF, House Stark's new generation of Dead Ned and the rest of his gang are presented as honourable and 'Holier Than Thou' and are frankly annoying and pretentious and a stain on House Stark's rich and proud history yet this attitude has made this generation beloved of the readers who gladly ignore the blatant lies. Robb Stark broke his pact to House Frey and got what he had coming and Sansa betrayed her father to please a child pyscopath whilst Arya is too busy trying to become "no-one" and will most likely never be the same when she inevitably has to leave the House of Black and White. Bran and Rickon are the only ones who show some form of hope. Bran is in touch with the old powers which is form of hope and isn't stuck up his own backside because he's so "Honourable" like Ned and Robb were and Rickon seems to show signs of the ruthlessness required of a true Stark.

Ok? Whole lot of opinions but... again, not a single piece of evidence. Nothing, nada, zero, zip. 

Ultimately they'll all die - and quite deservedly - as House Stark has endangered Humanity through there their lies and this current generation of Starks will be too weak to defend The North.

FTFY. 

And yet again, there’s no substance here at all, only your opinion. 

This is where Jon comes in. I believe R + L = J is true simply because it makes too much sense and although it's obvious, it's most likely the correct theory. Jon is born of Ice and Fire and will be a necessary sacrifice to The Others as he will be a balance and thus can negotiate the peace yet it is my opinion that he will have to die as a sacrifice to make peace.

I have a couple of questions here... Jon is ice and fire, and he will be a sacrifice to the Others because he will be the balance and will negotiate peace? How’s that going to work? Because further down you say he will have to be sacrificed to make peace. So, which is it? Will he negotiate a peace, or will he be sacrificed to make peace? 

And there it is - The inevitable extinction of House Stark. Through there their lies and weakness they have endangered Westeros and it is necessary for more justice to be served but not only must they die for justice but for peace - and House Targaryen must fall with them. They both represent Ice and Fire and there glorious falls will bring peace to a content that has been ravaged by war because of House Targaryen's madness and because a naive teenager couldn't accept his dad's death.

Leave your thoughts down below, all opinions are appreciated, Thanks :)

FTFY. Again. You’re welcome. 

And now I ask you: where is the overwhelmingly logical evidence? Because it sure isn’t anywhere in your OP. 

29 minutes ago, Brandon Ice-Eyes said:

Have you got a source for him saying that because I’d always assumed that GRRM intended for every character to reside in the grey area and there be no “heroes” or “villains” ?

He did. In an interview a journalist asked George, who is a big football fan, about which football team would each of the Houses in Westeros would be and wondered if the Starks are the Green Bay Packers and George responded: 

Whenever I propose analogies like that, fans jump in with their own ideas, but it depends on what team you root for. To me, the Starks are heroes, so they would be the Giants

Which is George's favorite team. The journalist jokingly asked who their archenemies, the Patriots, would be and George said the Lannisters. 

For all his deconstructing the fantasy genre and their archetypes George does as much reconstructing in ASOIAF. If you pay close attention the series is pretty conventional. And the fact that he calls a group of characters the heroes of the story means he will make them the winners in the end. 

10 minutes ago, Elegant Woes said:

He did. In an interview the journalist asked George, who is a big football fan, about which football team would each of the Houses in Westeros would be and wondered if the Starks are Green Bay Packers and George responded: 

Whenever I propose analogies like that, fans jump in with their own ideas, but it depends on what team you root for. To me, the Starks are heroes, so they would be the Giants

Which is George's favorite team. The journalist jokingly asked who their archenemies, the Patriots, would be and George said the Lannisters. 

For all his deconstructing the fantasy genre and their archetypes George does as much reconstructing in ASOIAF. If you pay close attention the series is pretty conventional. And the fact that he calls a group of characters the heroes of the story means he will make them the winners in the end. 

Perhaps but you could also argue that by killing the starks he’s deconstructing the stereotypical fantasy trope that the good guys always win which is something GRRM loves doing

13 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I’ll bite. Let’s check your OP and try to find all the “overwhelming logic and evidence” that you keep banging on about.

As Jack would say, let’s tackle this one bit at a time. 

So far, so good. An opinion, no outrageous claims being made. 

I wish I wouldn’t be required to say anything at all; that just by looking at the highlighted parts you would understand that there isn’t a single piece of evidence anywhere in sight. It’s all, “I think”, “I want”, “I believe”. Again, not a shred of textual support for not any of the claims being made here. 

I don’t even need to say anything, right? 

FTFY. 

And while we’re here, any quotes you can provide to back up this idea that the WWs view Targs and Starks as treacherous? 

Ok? Whole lot of opinions but... again, not a single piece of evidence. Nothing, nada, zero, zip. 

FTFY. 

And yet again, there’s no substance here at all, only your opinion. 

I have a couple of questions here... Jon is ice and fire, and he will be a sacrifice to the Others because he will be the balance and will negotiate peace? How’s that going to work? Because further down you say he will have to be sacrificed to make peace. So, which is it? Will he negotiate a peace, or will he be sacrificed to make peace? 

FTFY. Again. You’re welcome. 

And now I ask you: where is the overwhelmingly logical evidence? Because it sure isn’t anywhere in your OP. 

1: Nobody likes a grammar nazi - it doesn’t make you smart it makes you pretentious.

2: You’ve edited my original post to make it seem as if I’m giving my opinion when it is clearly all facts - wrong again. I win as usual :) 

Just now, Brandon Ice-Eyes said:

1: Nobody likes a grammar nazi - it doesn’t make you smart it makes you pretentious.

That’s too bad. No, wait, I actually don’t give two fucks. :)

Just now, Brandon Ice-Eyes said:

2: You’ve edited my original post to make it seem as if I’m giving my opinion when it is clearly all facts - wrong again. I win as usual :) 

I’ve edited your OP? LOL

I did not, btw. Didn’t have to, your OP was that bad, and that easy to crush into nothingness. And the only thing you win is... [fill in the blank]. B)

8 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

That’s too bad. No, wait, I actually don’t give two fucks. :)

I’ve edited your OP? LOL

I did not, btw. Didn’t have to, your OP was that bad, and that easy to crush into nothingness. And the only thing you win is... [fill in the blank]. B)

Well you clearly do give two fucks because it was you who pointed out the spelling mistake in the first place - and yes you did edit the op. The only thing I win is the entire argument. Too easy :P

8 minutes ago, Brandon Ice-Eyes said:

Perhaps but you could also argue that by killing the starks he’s deconstructing the stereotypical fantasy trope that the good guys always win which is something GRRM loves doing

I don't do flimsy guesses of what could be. I prefer to stick to the logical conclusion of this series and as it is the Starks reclaiming their ancestral seat and getting rid of their status as traitor of the crown and defeating their enemies is the most likely to happen. No way would George spend so many chapters on the training montage of Jon, Sansa, Arya and Bran and just throw it all away by killing them off. Their arc sets them up to be future leaders and rebuilders of Westeros. 

Archived