Would Cersei have cheated with Jaime if she been married to Stannis

Mrstrategy

Let's say Robert baratheon dies from his wounds from battle of Trident and Stannis becomes King and marries Cersei to keep tywin happy would she still cheat on Stannis with jaime Assuming that Jaime stays on Kingsguard and is not either sent to the wall for killing. Aerys or return to Casterly Rock as Tywin heir.

39 minutes ago, Mrstrategy said:

Let's say Robert baratheon dies from his wounds from battle of Trident and Stannis becomes King

Why does Stannis, Stannis of the siege of Storm's End, become king?

Odds are, the next person in line would be Jon Arryn or Ned Stark ... and if both refuse, odds are the kingdoms would be broken apart.

1 hour ago, The Map Guy said:

Odds are, the next person in line would be Jon Arryn or Ned Stark ... and if both refuse, odds are the kingdoms would be broken apart.

I actually kind of agree with this. 

We only get a few lines about this in the books. It seems to be there was a legitimate discussion about the leader of the rebellion being the next king, not simply the best claimant(although that was the basis of Robert winning the argument).

Ned would have been next over Stannis, although Ned may have advocated to Stannis after he had won. 

Err hell yeah, Cersie actually somewhat fancied Robert before the ‘Lyanna’ incident, and still cheated with Jaime before that happened. Stannis wouldn’t pass out drunk and give them opportunities but chances are he keeps Cersei at enough of an arms length that she wouldn’t have a shortage of them regardless. Also the kids legitimacy would have been called into question much earlier because once Stannis (Jaime) has a son he’d likely back off anyway 

She'd def try.

Never understood why Jon Arryn did not marry Stannis to Cersei and Robert to a Hightower, those matches were so poorly made, especially Stannis's.

@The Map Guy

@dsjj251

I actually kind of agree with this. 

We only get a few lines about this in the books. It seems to be there was a legitimate discussion about the leader of the rebellion being the next king, not simply the best claimant(although that was the basis of Robert winning the argument).

Ned would have been next over Stannis, although Ned may have advocated to Stannis after he had won. 

As far as we can tell, the decision over who and why should be the next King was made having in count blood ties with the Targs.

1 hour ago, frenin said:

As far as we can tell, the decision over who and why should be the next King was made having in count blood ties with the Targs.

If it had been that simple then there would have been no debate as the Arryns  and Starks have no blood ties to the Targaryens .

3 minutes ago, dsjj251 said:

If it had been that simple then there would have been no debate as the Arryns  and Starks have no blood ties to the Targaryens .

And as far as we know there was no debate.

Robert sat down again. "Damn you, Ned Stark. You and Jon Arryn, I loved you both. What have you done to me? You were the one should have been king, you or Jon."
"You had the better claim, Your Grace."
"I told you to drink, not to argue. You made me king, you could at least have the courtesy to listen when I talk, damn you. Look at me, Ned. Look at what kinging has done to me. Gods, too fat for my armor, how did it ever come to this?"

This would actually be a great idea for a rom-com. Jokes aside, I don't think Stannis would have been as lenient with Jaime and would probably have sent him to the Wall. Had Jaime not kingslayed Aerys he probably would have died with him when the place got blown up. So all in all I don't think Jaime would have been around.

10 hours ago, Mrstrategy said:

Let's say Robert baratheon dies from his wounds from battle of Trident and Stannis becomes King and marries Cersei to keep tywin happy would she still cheat on Stannis with jaime Assuming that Jaime stays on Kingsguard and is not either sent to the wall for killing. Aerys or return to Casterly Rock as Tywin heir.

She would do the same.  Except Stannis would suspect.  That is enough for Stannis to execute them and their children.  Stannis is very harsh.  The children will not be spared.  

5 hours ago, frenin said:

And as far as we know there was no debate.

Robert sat down again. "Damn you, Ned Stark. You and Jon Arryn, I loved you both. What have you done to me? You were the one should have been king, you or Jon."
"You had the better claim, Your Grace."
"I told you to drink, not to argue. You made me king, you could at least have the courtesy to listen when I talk, damn you. Look at me, Ned. Look at what kinging has done to me. Gods, too fat for my armor, how did it ever come to this?"

That sounds like a debate to me.  If it wasnt, then Robert wouldnt have been  "kinged".  The very terminology suggests it wasnt automatic. 

31 minutes ago, dsjj251 said:

That sounds like a debate to me.  If it wasnt, then Robert wouldnt have been  "kinged".  The very terminology suggests it wasnt automatic. 

No it isn't. The very fact that Robert was made King, specifically because his blood.

Robert was Kinged, when he was crowned. Not before.

Cersei would not get the opportunity to cheat on Stannis with Jaime because Jaime would be among the first to be executed subsequent to Stannis taking the Iron Throne. 

Moreover, Stannis might not even have married Cersei because Robert marrying Cersei was Jon Arryn's suggestion and Stannis would not rely on Jon Arryn as much as Robert did.

13 hours ago, frenin said:

Robert took the crown by right of conquest. It doesn't matter if he had Targ DNA or not.

I'm sure Robert, Jon, and Ned wouldn't have mind disbanding the Seven Kingdoms ... making their own kingdoms again ... the Storm King, the King of Mountain & Vale, and the King in the North.

The problem with this is, how do you punish the Reach and Dorne for siding with the Targaryens? the Iron Islands for neutrality? and the Westerlands for their late arrival? Also the Targaryens still existed with Viserys and Daenerys, as they can come back to take the throne.

I think Jon addressed all these problems by keeping the Seven Kingdoms together and marrying Robert & Cersei.

But I can't see that happening with Stannis & Cersei, since Stannis didn't do anything offensive for the Rebellion.

If Robert died at the Trident, the next best scenario IMO is Jon Arryn + Cersei Lannister as the monarch, with Ned Stark (& Catelyn Tully) as the Hand.

And yes, Cersei will cheat again then.

Cersei would have cheated on any potential husband with Jaime, including Rhaegar, who would not have lived up to Cersei's idealized expectations of him. Cersei is a narcissist, and she needs the constant adoration that Jaime, who looks just like her, was willing to give her. Neither moody Stannis nor broody Rhaegar would have given her that, and she would have turned to Jaime again sooner rather than later.

On 3/14/2020 at 5:53 AM, Mrstrategy said:

Imagine all the teeth-grinding Stannis would have to do if he was actually married to Cersei.

Archived