How do you expect Euron to die? (If he does)

Brandon Ice-Eyes

How do you expect Euron to die?

So it feels like people often discuss how other characters are going to die but Euron is never one that’s brought up. He’s my favourite character just because of how mysterious he is but it’s all but guaranteed that he will have to die as will many others.

So how do you expect Euron to die - and in which book, ADOS or TWOW?

I believe if he dies then it is some sort of suicide in the attempt to sacrifice himself to become a higher being of some sort.

All his connections to magic, denying of gods and proclaiming himself a god, I can see it in him to try to skinchange a dragon or kraken or become some sort of overlord of the greenseer-hive. Wether he has the abiltity right now (to skinchange / control minds, like his mute crew that can coordinate his fleet) or thinks he can gain the power I dont know.

Just have to throw in I just saw the Youtube-Video of Alt Shift X so maybe I go bit overboard with my ideas but I feel like he will escalate the story into a far more magical form.

I am also very interested in his fate, maybe Victarion kills him , or he gets so overconfident with his magical powers and gets burned by dragon.

Pyat Pree  could also have some role in his eventual death, there are some theories about this.

I think that Euron's nickname, the Crow's Eye, means that he was the Three-Eyed Crow's disciple (the 3EC is Shiera Seastar/shadowbinder Quaithe). Probably he betrayed Shiera, and used all that knowledge, that he learned from her, to become the King of 7K, and to replace the Promised Prince. So she will play a role in his downfall, as revenge for his betrayal. In sample chapter from TWOW Aeron Greyjoy under influence of the shade of the evening had a vision in which Euron's Iron Fleet was burning, there were dragons in the sky, and Euron-King was with his mate at the throne room, and there was a shadow in a woman's form with pale fire in her hands. I think that that shadow is Shiera/Quaithe, who was spying after Euron and Cersei by using glass candle, and she wasn't physically in the Red Keep, only her astral projection was there, invisible to Euron and Cersei (Euron's mate).

Also I think that Euron and Cersei, at least their final moments, are a parallel to Biblical Scarlet Beast out of the Sea and the Great Harlot/Whore of Babylon. So they will die same as the Beast and Harlot - they will die in a fire, and with them will burn King's Landing, which is a parallel to Babylon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whore_of_Babylon

In the Bible there are two Beasts out of the sea. The Beast with seven heads, one of which was mortally wounded and then healed itself, is a basis for fAegon's character. fAegon is a parallel to Biblical Antichrist, and Euron is a parallel to the Scarlet Beast out of the sea:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beast_(Revelation)#Beast_from_the_sea

"In Revelation chapter seventeen we learn of a third beast, scarlet in color[3] and some of the symbols are explained. The prevailing view is that the scarlet beast is another, distinct, visualisation of the same subject as the beast of the sea, which is pictured with crowns on its horns, unlike the scarlet beast. The scarlet beast is shown being ridden by a harlot who "reigns over the kings of the earth", (Revelation 17:18) whereas the beast of the sea is not described as being ridden, and is given "power and great authority."

Euron will die in a dragon-fire. It will happen after fAegon's death, when Dany with her armies and Rhaego will arrive to Westeros. First she will burn Euron's fleet, and then she will burn Euron and Cersei and King's Landing. And it will happen either near the end of TWOW, or in first half of ADOS. First she will deal with the situation at KL, and only then will go to Trident to fight against the Undead Army and the Others.

Euron is playing with dangerous magic.  He keeps a lot of enemies alive.  Any of the warlocks could do him in.  But, I think it will be Asha who will end his life.  The Dornish, Ironborn, and the North will be fractured peoples.  The Ironborn will be divided between those who will support  Daenerys Targaryen and those who will support Euron Greyjoy.  Daenerys already has a lot on her plate to deal with.  There is room for more than one heroine/hero in this tale.  Asha will have her heroine moment when she kills Uncle Euron. 

I wish Euron had been introduced earlier, what a villain he is shaping up to be, a man who leaves the likes of Roose and Ramsay quaking in his wake, deserves to be the big evil of his own series I’d say. Death by dragon fire during the sack of Kings Landing I’d argue is the only way that man is going down, though the later the better

A "civil war" is shaping up among the Greyjoys.  I see it becoming a three-way fight.  Victarion vs. Euron vs. Asha.  Just as some on here wish for a Frey civil war, some also wish for a Greyjoy civil war as well as a Stark civil war.  Civil is probably the wrong term, rather, "bloody family feud" might be more accurate.  A "bloody, mortal family feud" among the Greyjoys, Tarlys,  and the Starks would be nice.

Arya will kill him - LOL - someone will hire the assassin group to get rid of him and Euron will be her assignment.

see what i did there with the letters ?  i didn't even know i did that, it fills me with joy.

Some fan-fic:

Spoiler

Euron sacks Oldtown and corners Sam & Gilly up in the Hightower, the last defense of the city.
Euron tells Sam to give him that horn on his belt or else he kills Gilly.
Sam complies, but Euron kills Gilly anyways.
Full of rage, Sam tries to rush at Euron ... but is held down by his men.
Euron promises to kill Sam after he tries blowing his horn for fun.
Euron blows the horn and suddenly out of nowhere, a large ass Kraken appears and destroys the Greyjoy Fleet at the harbor.
All of his men that are with him at the Hightower are horrified as the Drowned God caught up with Euron's dirty deeds.
His men flee immediately, dropping their weapons.
As Euron shouts and orders them to come back, Sam picks up a crossbow and shoots to kill Euron, hoping the bolt would pierce his armor.
The bolt actually misses high and punctures Euron's remaining eye, but he survives.
Now blinded and abandoned, Sam leaves Euron alive so he can be imprisoned.
Victorian eventually comes back and sees Euron in his current disabled condition, alone in a cell of the HIGHtower.

You guys can use your imagination for the rest.

And if Damphair survived being tied to the ship, Damphair would be the one telling Euron's men to flee as the Kraken appears. He may even cut Euron's tongue out too, after Sam slays his remaining eye.

Also, all the maesters of Oldtown watched this magical Kraken appear and shit in their pants. Except Marwyn ... because he missed out on the magic show.

I'd like to see a culmination. Asha, Aeron and Vic. The three of them just let Euron swoop in with that bloody horn of his. And all three know what type of man he is. As to whether the three of them can realistically link-up, I dunno. But it would be cool to see the three of them take him down. 

What frustrates me is that with each passing day, the IB grow more and more loyal to Euron. They think that his gifts are great rewards. They think he's being open handed. When in reality, he is giving them a death sentence. 

4 hours ago, TheThreeEyedCow said:

What frustrates me is that with each passing day, the IB grow more and more loyal to Euron. They think that his gifts are great rewards. They think he's being open handed. When in reality, he is giving them a death sentence. 

Very very true - good point

Archived