Fate of House Stark (partial reply to Brandon Ice-Eyes)

Son of Man

5 hours ago, BlackLightning said:

They kinda already are.

The current line of Starks are descendants of a bastard born of a wildling and the daughter of Winterfell...

That isn't confirmed. According to the story Bael's son eventually became a skin cloak the Boltons wore, and we have no clue whether he lived long enough to father (legitimate) descendants of his own.

The way to imagine the royal Starks is that there were many different branches of the house - sort of like FaB gives us many different branches of House Arryn - and Bael's son may have just been a dead end, after which some cousin took over.

In fact, it seems not unlikely that Winterfell and the North passed more than just once from a very distinguished royal branch which eventually died out to a tenth or twelth cousin from a minor cadet branch.

6 hours ago, BlackLightning said:

They kinda already are.

The current line of Starks are descendants of a bastard born of a wildling and the daughter of Winterfell...

Nah, that story seems just pure nonsense that the fandom for some reason are so fond of that many consider it legit.

19 hours ago, 867-5309 said:

George Martin carefully introduced us to the rules of skinchanging.  He also gave us examples of direwolves dining on decaying wights.  That should give us clues as to how the Starks will survive the long night.  There will be no working farms; therefore, no crops to harvest.  There will be no game to hunt.  The Children even tell us, the Direwolves will last longer than man.  The Starks will die but continue living as a pack of Direwolves dining on the wights.  There won't be any going back to human but they will at the least survive.  

That they will survive is the question in hand.  It does not have to be as humans,  

13 hours ago, BlackLightning said:

They kinda already are.

The ancient blood line still exists.  The surname of the people may no longer be Starks but to science, they are Starks.  Last name is a human invention.  The Starks survive as long as their DNA continue to live,  

But yeah, the name might go extinct.

19 hours ago, Prince Rhaego's Soul said:

But yeah, the name might go extinct.

I don't think so. Reason is that Starks of Winterfell had ruled the North so long. So any victorious warlord who somehow will succeed conquering that kingdom would almost certainly start using name Stark even without having any real blood connections to old ruling dynasty.

I'm just wondering, how can anyone read about Arya's relationship with Weasel and come to the conclusion that she's not "mother material"?
She loved playing with the children in Winterfell, and with Rickon, and she would come up with names for babies, and even as a tiny tot, she was protective of "baby Bran".
Arya is very maternal for a little girl in the middle of a war zone, and I don't see how that will suddenly disappear when she reaches puberty, it's usually the other way around.

I don't think Arya or Bran will die. Nor do I think their trauma makes then sub-human or "too far gone" or any other ableist stuff people love to claim.
I'm not sure about Jon, since I believe he's one of the dragonriders, and that all 3 of them will die. Nor am I completely sure about Sansa, because of Lady, though I do think she will most likely live.

But yeah, I believe at least Arya and Bran will survive, and Arya wanted the opportunity to be a lord of a holdfast, so a matrilineal marriage could work for her, or maybe the chaos of a post-war of the dawn world would make it possible for her to go the Mormont route, idk.

Archived