M-m-m-my Corona! NCOVID-19 #5

Ran

Sorry, 3 in a row.

Someone has just posted that a company has filed to block Covid-19 tests as violating a patent. Two patents.

A patent troll, owned by Soft Bank.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20200316/14584244111/softbank-owned-patent-troll-using-monkey-selfie-law-firm-sues-to-block-covid-19-testing-using-theranos-patents.shtml?fbclid=IwAR0tRtRaKk8M2YT1KJMTABB1YO5Avd

Belgium is going to a complete lockdown - but we cannot call it a lockdown;

Result because Belgians aren't capable of following easily guidelines. We are however very capable of circumventing those guidelines, f.e. closed restaurants, let just by food and eat at the terrases. We are a bunch of children. 

And it is written by the Flemish: everything is apparently very detailed.

Well, in Minnesota I work in social services and do client visits with children and adults with mental illness out in the community.  I was just directed that for the rest of the month to do only phone visits with the possibility being discussed of teleconferencing visits.  I am not an emergency response unit, but I am a step or two removed from that.  This is kind of a big thing.

35 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Daddy Trump is sending money!

A one time cash infusion will not be close to enough. The country could go into lock down for months. What then? $1,000 a month? Door to door food rationing by the government?

Also, Turtle is on the T.V. now saying Republicans will mostly be guiding the legislation and Democrats only get input at the end.

7 minutes ago, Guy Kilmore said:

Well, in Minnesota I work in social services and do client visits with children and adults with mental illness out in the community.  I was just directed that for the rest of the month to do only phone visits with the possibility being discussed of teleconferencing visits.  I am not an emergency response unit, but I am a step or two removed from that.  This is kind of a big thing.

I'm curious what will happen with us. We're not traditionally essential staff, but the ventilators are stored in our warehouse. 

Is Walz going to fully shut down the metro? I keep seeing different reports.

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

Sorry, 3 in a row.

Someone has just posted that a company has filed to block Covid-19 tests as violating a patent. Two patents.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20200316/14584244111/softbank-owned-patent-troll-using-monkey-selfie-law-firm-sues-to-block-covid-19-testing-using-theranos-patents.shtml?fbclid=IwAR0tRtRaKk8M2YT1KJMTABB1YO5Avd

I have a sneaking suspicion the courts will tell the patent holder to shove their patent where the Sun don’t shine.

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

Sorry, 3 in a row.

Good fucking God, I hope the hammer gets brought down on those assholes.

4 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I have a sneaking suspicion the courts will tell the patent holder to shove their patent where the Sun don’t shine.

The level of callousness, arrogance and out-of-touchness by that patent holder is staggering! 

Just now, Tywin Manderly said:

The level of callousness, arrogance and out-of-touchness by that patent holder is staggering! 

Yes, how dare people get the idea that they should get rich off of other people's suffering

31 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

The Italian death rate is up to 7.9%.

:(

How is the testing taking place in Italy?

Surely they haven't tested the vast majority of those with mild to moderate symptoms (who don't need hospital care)? (Apart from health care workers and people with underlying conditions etc.)

3 minutes ago, The Monkey said:

How is the testing taking place in Italy?

Surely they haven't tested the vast majority of those with mild to moderate symptoms (who don't need hospital care)? (Apart from health care workers and people with underlying conditions etc.)

I don’t know.  I’m simply dividing the number of dead by the number of infected on the Johns Hopkins COVID-19 tracking app.

Yes, I think the Italian fatality rate stats would be way off given testing limitations. But the absolute number of deaths is getting high - they will overtake China in the next couple of days. 

Archived