Patchface is a threat to Mellissandre

867-5309

Was Patchface a victim of necromancy?  I looked at suspected instances of necromancy for clues.

Khal Drogo

The khal was supposedly at death's door when Mirri Maz Duur tried to save him.  He came back in a state of coma.  An infected chest wound will kill but not necessarily result in a coma.  A simpler explanation is the lack of oxygen.  Easy enough to accomplish even for an old woman.  She cured his fever and she suffocated him to put him in a coma.  A paralyzing drug is another possibility.  Terrifying thought to think his brain was good when Daenerys had to kill him out of mercy.  Mirri wanted to get even.  Can you think of anything more nasty to do to someone?  But, what if Drogo actually died and Mirri brought him back to life?  She knew what the results would be but did it to spite Daenerys?   Drogo was just a victim of necromancy.

Beric

Beric died from combat trauma.  He was revived by fire.  His brain is not right though.  Death causes permanent damage.  Necromancy can't bring back the person as they were.  

Weymar

Died from combat traume and was revived by the Others.  Ice magic.  He got wighted.  

Stoneheart

Died from a serious knife injury to the neck.  Spent time in the water.  Revived by fire magic.  Her brain is not right.  Her last human thoughts were anger, hate, and revenge.  

Patchface is generally not taken seriously.  Shireen finds him funny.  Pyke assumed him simple.  Mel considers him dangerous.

Many a time I have glimpsed him in my flames. Sometimes there are skulls about him, and his lips are red with blood.

Does this remind you of this scene in the House of the Undying?

a beautiful naked woman sprawled naked on the floor while four little men crawled over her. They had rattish pointed faces and tiny pink hands, like the servitor  who had brought her the glass of the shade. One was pumping her thighs. Another savaged her breasts, worrying at the nipples with his wet red mouth, tearing and chewing.

Patchface died.  He drowned and was revived through necromancy.  His brain, like Drogo's, Beric's, and Cat's has permanent damage.  That would make him easier to control.  Whoever revived him are using him like the Others control Weymar.  

The naked woman is Mel getting assaulted by the rat men.  She can already feel the threat but do not quite understand where it will come from.  The necromancer is the hidden enemy.  

The naked lady could be anyone from Cersei to Sansa.  She is someone whom Dany has never met.  The sequence of the images are in reverse chronological order.  This will happen in the future.  Patchface is a small man but the servitors of the undying are very tiny.  Knee high to Dany.  Definitely they are not children of the forest.  Mel was feeling threatened because Patchface was woken by water magic.  He died on the water and if some magic would be involved it is water.  Mel is a practitioner of fire magic.  The elements do not mix. I do wonder why Mel has never done anything against PF. 

10 hours ago, 867-5309 said:

The naked woman is Mel getting assaulted by the rat men.  She can already feel the threat but do not quite understand where it will come from.  The necromancer is the hidden enemy.  

The most common interpretation of this vision is that the naked woman is Westeros and the four rat men are the four kings (Renly was dead at this point) fighting over her.

But I take caution whenever trying to guess the meaning of dreams, visions and the ramblings of Patchface. That way madness lies.

I'll go with the little man lost part of his mind as the result of death.  Reviving doesn't bring back the complete person.  Now, what give me pause from certainty is the contents of his ramblings.  All that about under the sea has a consistency to it.  It doesn't seem random.  

Mellissandre saw the same vision for Jon Snow. Did she not see skulls all around Jon Snow?  I don't have my books to look it up at the moment.  The skulls symbolize death.  Same lady seeing skulls around two different men.  We know how it ended for Jon Snow.  His face is getting pale, bleeding out, on a patch of snow.  Will the same thing happen to Patchface? Killed at the wall, I mean.

We can also assume the skulls represent threats to Mellissandre.  If Patchface is a threat, was Jon Snow also a threat? Or was, before Bowen Marsh cut him up.

On 3/24/2020 at 1:14 PM, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Mellissandre saw the same vision for Jon Snow. Did she not see skulls all around Jon Snow?  I don't have my books to look it up at the moment.  The skulls symbolize death.  Same lady seeing skulls around two different men.  We know how it ended for Jon Snow.  His face is getting pale, bleeding out, on a patch of snow.  Will the same thing happen to Patchface? Killed at the wall, I mean.

We can also assume the skulls represent threats to Mellissandre.  If Patchface is a threat, was Jon Snow also a threat? Or was, before Bowen Marsh cut him up.

Clydas will patch him back up!

On 3/17/2020 at 11:38 PM, 867-5309 said:

I just re-read this part in Clash and I couldn't get the thought out of my head that this was definitely Cercei. She is constantly referred to as beautiful, especially during the first two books, and the rats seems to be pleasuring and/or servicing the woman, not harming her. I viewed the rats as clinging to her for their power, almost as if they were hungry cubs competing for a teat/milk (their power is tied to her having and keeping power). That idea led me to wonder who the rats were... Qyburn, Kevan, Lancel, and Mace? I'm not sure myself, I'll have to do some more digging. Anyone out there have some thoughts on the matter they care to share with me? Or if you think I'm totally wrong please say so!   

On 3/22/2020 at 12:55 AM, Quoth the raven, said:

He's been to hell and back then.  His brain is vulnerable to outside control. He's like Hodor, easier to control because they have simple minds.  Who sees through his eyes? Bloodraven or Euron. 

Deep Ones

Or he's just making stuff up to be funny. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2020 at 2:45 PM, Lord Daedrunk said:

I just re-read this part in Clash and I couldn't get the thought out of my head that this was definitely Cercei. She is constantly referred to as beautiful, especially during the first two books, and the rats seems to be pleasuring and/or servicing the woman, not harming her. I viewed the rats as clinging to her for their power, almost as if they were hungry cubs competing for a teat/milk (their power is tied to her having and keeping power). That idea led me to wonder who the rats were... Qyburn, Kevan, Lancel, and Mace? I'm not sure myself, I'll have to do some more digging. Anyone out there have some thoughts on the matter they care to share with me? Or if you think I'm totally wrong please say so!   

I like your reasoning.  It's a good alternative to my own theory.    :)

If Melisandre thinks he's a threat I think she's right eventually he's going to do something very important relating to the theory that he is the drowned god. He could be a victim of sorcery from the Drowned Priests because he could've just been a dumb slave from Volantis before but then he drowned and dissapeared for three days after the original shipwreck happened so something could've gone on relating to sorcery and maybe Melisandre can detect something. Overall one thing's certain, that Patchface isn't normal all those songs relate to events such as.

Under the sea, smoke rises in bubbles, and flames burn green and blue and black. I know, I know, oh, oh, oh.

Which I think is the Battle of the Blackwater.

The shadows come to dance, my lord, dance my lord, dance my lord. The shadows come to stay, my lord, stay my lord, stay my lord.

Which I think are the shadows that Melisandre can birth.

Fool's blood. King's blood, blood on the maiden's thigh, but chains for the guests and chains for the bridegroom, aye, aye, aye.

This I think is the Red Wedding as fool's blood is Aegon Frey AKA Jinglebell, King's blood is Robb Stark, the maiden's thigh directs to the bedding of Edmure and Roslin, chains for the guests and chains for the bridgegroom means the hostages.

Sorry, quite obvious.

So Patchface can probably predict the future with maybe real magic, it makes me wonder is Melisandre knows of this and if she's going to take any acton.

I am not sure about this fellow, Patchface.  He has died and come back.  He's lost a lot of himself.  The resurrected never come back whole.  Death has touched him.  But what if he came back with prescient abilities.  He can see the future in some fashion.  Knowing what will happen has value.  It may not hurt Mellissandre to listen to a fool once in a while.  His abilities are far superior to hers.  

Death removes the shackles of time.  The spirit can see the whole of time.  The past as well as the future.  The state of being undead give the warlocks of qarth the power to see the past and the future.  Bloodraven is near death and only kept alive by the roots. This is giving him the power to see backwards in time.  Patchface is similar.  

Archived