Sign in to follow this  
Alyn Oakenfist

Will FAegon tame a dragon?

Just now, Lord Varys said:

Sure, another book, most likely. And then little more than a couple of months will have passed. I guess the dragons might double size in TWoW, perhaps triple it, but anything else would stretch things.

Not if we have decades ahead of the us. The title of the last book is A Dream of Spring.  That is a clue to me that the last two books will cover many, many years.  The winter is supposed to last a long time (children born and die, all in darkness).  It will be Dany dreaming of spring.  

16 hours ago, Lord Varys said:

That's not what you said. You talked about a Dance in general manner, not the specific manner of Targaryen vs. Targaryen.

Also, the crucial aspect of why the Second Dance is likely going to get that name might have less to do with dragons and more with there being at least one woman among the pretenders, allowing the man/men to dance a dance of fire and dead with her - just as Rhaenyra and Aegon II danced until they died.

Ofc because i don't think the dragons are going to fight, that's why i keep talking about the dragons and not you know,the Targs who would ride them.

Not very convinced with the rest but i don't have a better explanation  so...:dunno:

1 hour ago, frenin said:

Ofc because i don't think the dragons are going to fight, that's why i keep talking about the dragons and not you know,the Targs who would ride them.

Not very convinced with the rest but i don't have a better explanation  so...:dunno:

The point simply is that we don't have to expect there to be dragonriders killing each other in this Second Dance thing for it to be named the Second Dance. It could be enough that there are male and female pretenders and some dragons around.

Keep in mind that the War of the Five Kings is also a deliberate misnomer on George's part, just as the Second, Third, and Fourth Dornish Wars are.

The Second Dance of the Dragons may have pretty much nothing in common with the first.

Yes, and no. Aegon 6, whom I think has a real possibility of being the son of Rhaegar and Elia while still be a puppet dragon to the mummer's, will be allowed to ride Rhaegal because Daenerys will "subliminally" (or whatever) allow this. So this will be done at Dany's whim during a short-lived engagement between the two, and readers will pick up on this psi-link allowance, even though to the characters in the story it will seem as though Aegon "tamed" a dragon. Nope. Aegon will not tame any Dragon or dragon. He will lose that allowance when he is burned for a betrayal of love (for Arianne, most likely).

Or not? :dunno:

5 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Yes, and no. Aegon 6, whom I think has a real possibility of being the son of Rhaegar and Elia while still be a puppet dragon to the mummer's, will be allowed to ride Rhaegal because Daenerys will "subliminally" (or whatever) allow this. So this will be done at Dany's whim during a short-lived engagement between the two, and readers will pick up on this psi-link allowance, even though to the characters in the story it will seem as though Aegon "tamed" a dragon. Nope. Aegon will not tame any Dragon or dragon. He will lose that allowance when he is burned for a betrayal of love (for Arianne, most likely).

Or not? :dunno:

Dany won't control or decide who claims either Viserion or Rhaegal. It has been already established that there can only be one rider per dragon. Dany has Drogon, she won't be able to control who rides the others. Or rather: only in the sense that she might be able to control physical access to those dragons, but right now she cannot even do that, and this might be the same in the future - especially if Viserion and Rhaegal were claimed by their first riders while she is away. If those were people who don't give a damn about Daenerys they might take their dragons and leave Slaver's Bay to do as they please with them. And if such a rider somehow ended up with Aegon's people he could claim such a dragon after the death of his rider.

Chances that Dany and Aegon are ever engaged are about zero in my opinion. That door closed for good when Aegon spurned the dragon queen along with her dragons in ADwD. There might be attempts to negotiate between the two factions before it comes to war, but I don't see an engagement there.

The fact that most of Westeros is likely to believe Daenerys Targaryen is a stinking corpse in the gutters of Meereen or out in the Dothraki Sea throughout TWoW makes it very unlikely Aegon's people will continue this fantasy that they might be able to marry one day. In fact, they might already bury such plans when they learn that Dany married Hizdahr zo Loraq - which, to this point, nobody in Westeros knows. But this is a news item that should reach them even before they hear about her alleged death/disappearance.

I believe that no one will ride Viserion and Rhaegal. Yes, Euron can manage to sneak one of them but I highly doubt that he will be a dragonrider.

correct me if I am wrong but one has to have at least some targaryens blood in veins to possess a dragon. I cannot remember reading of any non-targaryen(related) dragon rider after the fall of valyria. so I guess if he tames one he is not "F".