Muh muh muh means tuh testing - Covid #6

Larry of the Lawn

Welcome back Kay. I hope you get something sorted out with all the talk of various stimulus packages for people who can’t work.

Your sister’s a nurse and can’t get tested? That’s not ideal. The only person I know of actually testing positive is a nurse because, you know, it’s kind of important to know if healthcare workers are infected.

2 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

So, they started testing in jails and yes it's in there. The humane thing to do is probably to release all prisoners. And put the spring-breakers in there.

Didn't Iran do this (releasing prisoners, not locking up spring breakers) too? 

3 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

Welcome back Kay. I hope you get something sorted out with all the talk of various stimulus packages for people who can’t work.

Your sister’s a nurse and can’t get tested? That’s not ideal. The only person I know of actually testing positive is a nurse because, you know, it’s kind of important to know if healthcare workers are infected.

She is nurse manager of a pain clinic so I think they viewed her as more administrative than healthcare, which isn’t accurate because she sees any patient who complains about anything (which is like half of them at a pain clinic), and most of their patients are vulnerable. But, that’s the shortage for ya.

29 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

The NHS isn't testing front line workers either, which is unfortunate. Only self isolation if symptoms are present, which is already reducing a workforce that has trouble keeping up during a normal flu season, let alone a crisis like this.

1 minute ago, Raja said:

The NHS isn't testing front line workers either, which is unfortunate. Only self isolation if symptoms are present, which is already reducing a workforce that has trouble keeping up during a normal flu season, let alone a crisis like this.

This drives me nuts. I estimate at work we have 20% self isolating. I doubt even a quarter actually have it. The others could all be back out working tomorrow if tested. Nobody would be going sick with less than a broken leg at the minute. 

Only 651 deaths in italy today compared with nearly 800 yesterday. And the smallest daily % increase in overall cases. They needed some positive news. Hope it's not just an anomaly. 

Well, tomorrow I'll return to work - physically. Interesting to see what happens then. 

Of course, archives aren't really easy to run from afar, and given that sorting and cataloging are what I do most of, I did know working from home couldn't last. Still.. feels strange to return. After just a week. I may be going insane. 

18 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

This drives me nuts. I estimate at work we have 20% self isolating. I doubt even a quarter actually have it. The others could all be back out working tomorrow if tested. Nobody would be going sick with less than a broken leg at the minute. 

Only 651 deaths in italy today compared with nearly 800 yesterday. And the smallest daily % increase in overall cases. They needed some positive news. Hope it's not just an anomaly. 

It as the same here in Austria. 

One of my friends is a policeman: 14 days quarantine but no test. He went skiing in the alps with a group of co-workers. 

Another friend works as a caregiver for the elderly. He is sick and worked until 2 days ago. He is on sick leave now but they won't test him either.

45 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

Are we somehow neighbors?? I live basically behind Caffetto

Close. I'm up 7 in SLP. The wind caused me to just take her to the park near by. It was dead. I saw a few people along the way, including a girl who was probably five riding her bike with training wheels. Made me think for a while about what world she'll grow up in. I wish I could smile about how it'll look.

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Close. I'm up 7 in SLP. The wind caused me to just take her to the park near by. It was dead. I saw a few people along the way, including a girl who was probably five riding her bike with training wheels. Made me think for a while about what world she'll grow up in. I wish I could smile about how it'll look.

You’re smack in between me and work, that’s the area I was planning on house shopping until the apocalypse

2 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

You’re smack in between me and work, that’s the area I was planning on house shopping until the apocalypse

Hmm, wouldn't have guessed you work to the West of me. 

Also, I'm guessing if you read the last thread you know where I work, and the shortages are troubling indeed.

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Didn't Iran do this (releasing prisoners, not locking up spring breakers) too? 

I didn't know that, but yes I looked it up and it is true. I think it's a great idea, actually. I'd probably think that if there was no virus, honestly though. I loved the Obama commutations and I think Governors should be doing a ton of that even before this. It's more imperative now, though.

Archived