NFL 2020: Please Don't Be Fetch

Mr. Chatywin et al.

2 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Part of that is Dalton is terrible at subtle movement within the pocket. Wilson and Brees don't have a ton of balls batted down cause they're good at finding throwing lanes. 

They were the exceptions for the longest time, but we’re seeing more and more “smaller” QB’s like Murray and Mayfield now  

Still, for me 6’4 is the absolute sweet spot for a prototypical NFL QB. 

11 minutes ago, Mexal said:

I think this is fair with Tua... wouldn't want to do that with Herbert. I just wish Tua didn't get hurt again; I do really like his play.

If you assumed you could get Tua for Burrow in a deal, I doubt you'd get more than two firsts, but that's assuming someone doesn't move up a ton. 

I am really high on Tua. If healthy. And sadly that if just seems to grow. I'd still be tempted to gamble on him, but I would assume with some of the trades I suggested I was punting for a year if I didn't like what I found. Hence the Lawrence suggestions.

12 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

There’s certainly a lot to like with Tua. That said, I am looking forward to having a 6’4 QB. How many fucking balls has Dalton had batted down at the line over the years? 

Height may not actually have anything to do with this.

Same goes for hand size, like Burrow. Strong forearms probably matter more than actual hand size. Likewise, release point is probably more important than your actual height. 

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Lol. He had the most impressive HS grade I've seen, won the National Championship as a freshman, and made it back as a sophomore. He's lost one game man. He can make every throw, is mobile, processes information quickly and is a good kid. He's everything you want man.

Won't lie though, when I saw his height coming out of HS I was a bit worried.

Dabo, I’ve lost one game. 

It was a big game!

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/1074b841-3408-42d8-ab8a-88f5f79fa059

Just now, Nictarion said:

Dabo, I’ve lost one game. 

It was a big game!

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/1074b841-3408-42d8-ab8a-88f5f79fa059

He's developed as a QB despite that moron.

If we're going to nominate an over-preforming, but stupid, middle manager, find me a candidate stronger than Dabo. 

I dare any of you! 

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Height may not actually have anything to do with this.

Same goes for hand size, like Burrow. Strong forearms probably matter more than actual hand size. Likewise, release point is probably more important than your actual height. 

Height definitely factors into having balls tipped. As does the guys on the OL not wrapping up their man. 

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

He's developed as a QB despite that moron.

If we're going to nominate an over-preforming, but stupid, middle manager, find me a candidate stronger than Dabo. 

I dare any of you! 

That’s certainly a hot take. 4 national championship appearances in 5 years. Guy is doing something right. 

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

Height definitely factors into having balls tipped. As does the guys on the OL not wrapping up their man. 

I mean, I'm 5'8, of course it would matter for me, even if I can throw a ball 50 yards easily. But for a guy a bit taller, I wouldn't be too worried if he had good mechanics. If you're 6'0, you should be fine, recognizing that Wilson is a bit unusual. 

With his big, meaty hands.

:P

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

That’s certainly a hot take. 4 national championship appearances in 5 years. Guy is doing something right. 

The power of Jesus when recruiting.

And I am no expert in college ball, but what I hear all the time is his coaching staff is amazing. Same was said of Coach O and LSU.

But Kliff got the job! 

35 minutes ago, Mexal said:

And they're bigger issues.

The big one to me is projected inability to escape edge rushers. I've got to believe his mobility will never be 100% again, so that could be a big issue. Also doesn't help that he won't be as effective in RPO schemes at the pro-level.

I still believe, before the injuries, that the eye test says Tua is better, but that doesn't mean Burrow can't also be great. His overall breakdown is exactly I want in a QB. I've never been much of a guy who drools over giant arm cannons, well, except until I saw Mahomes, but I don't think that's even what makes him special. Somehow he almost always converts the YOLO plays in a way Favre couldn't.

13 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Am I hallucinating?  Gronk unretired and he's going to play for the Bucs?  How is that even possible? 

He'll need to be traded and his contract needs to be reworked, but yes. 

And Gronk going to Tampa is the most Gronky thing alive. Supposedly his contract will be amended so that he is allowed to live on the pirate ship. 

11 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

He'll need to be traded and his contract needs to be reworked, but yes. 

And Gronk going to Tampa is the most Gronky thing alive. Supposedly his contract will be amended so that he is allowed to live on the pirate ship. 

LOL, but at this point, I don't even know if that is a joke, I think it is, or if it could be real.  They traded him for a 4th rounder.  And the spice must flow.   

Nope, that all happened.  I can't blame anyone for any of the decisions they made, including the Pats for Trading Gronk and The Bucs for signing him and Gronk himself for coming back for probably one season.  

So this is what it feels like to be a 3rd rate team?  You have to write about the Bucs....

3 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Am I hallucinating?  Gronk unretired and he's going to play for the Bucs?  How is that even possible? 

None of these questions is the right one:  How will this affect Gronk's WWE career?!?

27 minutes ago, DMC said:

None of these questions is the right one:  How will this affect Gronk's WWE career?!?

Have you seen non-football Gronk? He's lost a lot of weight. Now he can bulk up.

Also, since players can't even take physicals, home many guys do you think are enjoying some juice time right now? 

And a lot of weed is getting smoked. 

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Have you seen non-football Gronk? He's lost a lot of weight. Now he can bulk up.

Also, since players can't even take physicals, home many guys do you think are enjoying some juice time right now? 

And a lot of weed is getting smoked. 

I don't see how any of this directly addresses my question.  Revise and resubmit.

9 minutes ago, DMC said:

I don't see how any of this directly addresses my question.  Revise and resubmit.

Assuming no major injuries, it's a plus. He can juice up and get back to his old weight. And he can practice his moves after he scores TDs.

Now, what does his finishing move look like? The Gronk Spike? He's not quite tall enough to choke slam a lot of guys, and he's probably not strong enough either (cough, the juice, cough), so do you make it a modified choke slam, which is sorta what the Rock Bottom was. 

Or maybe he just spikes a ball into some guy's nuts while screaming 69?

Wait a minute. He needs to also have a pile driver finisher, so he can assume his favorite position. 

ETA: Also, Brady is now obligated to sneak out from the crowd and throw him the football for the nut sack spike.

Archived