NFL 2020: Please Don't Be Fetch

Mr. Chatywin et al.

40 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

He wants to play though. He will never ever be allowed to play over Wentz. He sat out of college a whole year just to play, not be a backup.

Silly Jace.  He’s a QB.  Rules don’t apply to them.

He was granted a waiver and played immediately at Oklahoma.  He never sat out.

21 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Silly Jace.  He’s a QB.  Rules don’t apply to them.

He was granted a waiver and played immediately at Oklahoma.  He never sat out.

The fuck? When did that Clemson game happen??? How old am I?

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Helps to have the top pick.

I actually liked our 1st pick from last year. I was referring more to our 2nd and 3rd picks. We got Tee Higgins who’s (hopefully) AJ Green’s replacement, and a really solid LB in Logan Wilson. Which will help our weakest position group. I can’t argue with any of these picks. Last year I HATED our 2nd pick (Drew Sample). 

2 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

I actually liked our 1st pick from last year. I was referring more to our 2nd and 3rd picks. We got Tee Higgins who’s (hopefully) AJ Green’s replacement, and a really solid LB in Logan Wilson. Which will help our weakest position group. I can’t argue with any of these picks. Last year I HATED our 2nd pick (Drew Sample). 

Just having fun man.

And I love how we got A's in every grade article I read for the first round. I like the second round pick, but I'm curious why the consensus best player left at the position kept getting passed over. 

Anyways, we've got two shots in now.

Have to say I'm pretty happy with the Dallas draft picks so far. The CB they picked is on the rise, has size, good hands and arm length. The DL is solid, but not considered spectacular. What you want for depth and rotation. I'd like to see them take another CB (one from Virginia is there) in the 4th round then go after a C (Wisconsin?) and DE later. 

I don't get the Hurts to Philly pick but I am glad they did it! Unless they develop him and trade him for a 1st rd later.

Ok, Texans, wtf. 22 mill a year for a guy who isn't even top 5 at his position, hell maybe not even top 10! Jeez talk about screwing up the market for every other team trying to sign a left tackle. Two first rd picks and 22mill a year for this guy.

Kind of unenthused about the Dolphins draft so far.  Tua, fine.  But they seem to be overdrafting guys with raw athleticism.  Pretty sure everyone can see athleticism but they're essentially betting that they can coach up what other people can't.  Especially don't like the Brandon Jones pick right now.  Sounds like a very incomplete player.  Top rated safety his year out of high school, but CBS sports scouts him out as follows:

Weaknesses:

• Terrible play on the ball in the air
  • Not fast
  • Misses a lot of tackles

Other than that, a great safety.  Would have preferred they go with Josh Jones at that spot. (There was some talk of them going for him with the Texans pick in the 1st) So what if they already drafted two tackles?  I've seen enough replacement level O line play to last a lifetime.  Get depth.

Damn, sounds like we were close to getting Trent Williams, but it fell through. My guess is we offered a low ball deal restructuring wise, but that's all we really could do given our cap situation.

Anyways, JFC, we've got 13 picks today, three 4's, 5's and 6's and four 7's. 

This is exactly how I'd do things. Maybe not the 7's, but that's how you reroll the 6's into 5's. 

12 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Damn, sounds like we were close to getting Trent Williams, but it fell through. My guess is we offered a low ball deal restructuring wise, but that's all we really could do given our cap situation.

This is exactly how I'd do things. Maybe not the 7's, but that's how you reroll the 6's into 5's. 

So you have almost as many picks as the Bears have tight ends?

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

PFT makes it sound like they offered a 2nd round pick but Trent Williams nixed the trade. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/25/report-trent-williams-declined-trade-to-minnesota/

ETA: But Williams denies nixing the trade, https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29097412/redskins-ot-trent-williams-denies-nixing-potential-trade-vikings

4 hours ago, dbunting said:

Have to say I'm pretty happy with the Dallas draft picks so far. The CB they picked is on the rise, has size, good hands and arm length. The DL is solid, but not considered spectacular. What you want for depth and rotation. I'd like to see them take another CB (one from Virginia is there) in the 4th round then go after a C (Wisconsin?) and DE later. 

I'm hoping a recent trend continues...

2014: Drafted Zack Martin/Didn't draft Johnny Manziel, traded up for Demarcus Lawrence, and got Anthony Hitchens in the 4th. Went 12-4 and won 1st playoff game since 95-96.

2016: Drafted Zeke, Jaylon Smith, Maliek Collins, Dak, and Anthony Brown. Went 13-3 before losing to Aaron Rodgers AGAIN in the divisional round.

2018: Drafted Leighton Vander Esch, Connor Williams (though Philly jumped ahead of Dallas to grab TE Dallas Goedert. Philly fans LOVED that, more on that in a minute), and Michael Gallup. Went 10-6 (special thanks to the Cooper trade) and won a playoff game.

Since it's another even year, hopefully this draft pans out like those drafts and Dallas can return to the playoffs. And the added schadenfreude of watching Eagles twitter absolutely melt down first over Dallas grabbing Lamb ahead of them and then the Eagles drafting Hurts has been pure spiteful joy. :devil:

Trent Williams to the Niners for 5 this year and 3 next year. I think if the report that Williams refused the Vike's trade is true, it's cause he wanted to go play for Kyle Shananhan. 

2 minutes ago, Trebla said:

Trent Williams to the Niners for 5 this year and 3 next year. I think if the report that Williams refused the Vike's trade is true, it's cause he wanted to go play for Kyle Shananhan. 

I didn’t see the 3rd next year. That’s makes it much better for Washington. 

Archived